Exercise Balls???

• I want to get one of those exercise balls but don't know what I should get(like size wise and such). I want one that is going to hold my weight and not pop(if you KWIM).

If this helps any here are a few of my stats....I am 5'4" and weight 274lbs(weighed myself this morning). And I live in Ontario Canada and I can NOT shop online...I must get from a store(such as Sears, Wal-Mart, Zellers, Canadian Tire, or maybe even an exercise store...ect...)
  • I got a pretty generic one from Kmart for about $15, that has no trouble holding my weight. They say the way to check the size is to sit on it and make sure that your knees are at a 90 degree angle. If you are sitting lower then that it needs to be bigger, if you are sitting higher then that it needs to be smaller. The one I got had a size chart on the back of the box to help you determine what size to get, plus in the instructions, it says you can determine how big it is to a certain extent, by how much you fill it, as long as you don't fill it beyond a certain width. I really like mine, I use it for lots of great leg toning and several different arm toning exercises.

HTH
    Nicole
  • I've seen them at Walmart for about $15 (US). My dd gave me one for Christmas - it is a one -size thing, you just fill it to fit your size. At your weight, I wouldn't worry about one holding you! They are great for supporting your back during certain exercises.

Pen
  • Oops...I had put 174 instead of 274lbs. I corrected my initial post. So MzPen, will you still say I wouldn't worry about one holding me?
  • I love love love the Balance Ball.

Here's where I got mine (it's more expensive but you should be able to apply the height to ball reference to any ball). Mine holds up to 600 pounds because you can do some yoga work with more than one person on it.

http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....95%2D0157+MSTR

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks for the link Goddess!!! I have been wanting a ball but was afraid of an explosion...LOL

I am ordering as we speak!!!