Old 08-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #121  

Diane - sorry to hear about Magnum. *hugs* As for the allergies, our bodies do change over time. Sometimes we lose allergies and sometimes we gain. It's a horrible thing!

Ona - yay for a new decade!!

Aimee- have a good day at work.. even if you are late!

As for me, I know it seems like I disappeared again, but for good reason. Found out that I am pregnant again. I've just been taking it easy, being healthy and hoping for the best, but I did put my weight loss efforts on hold for now.

Going back to my gestational diabetes diet from my first and hoping to break out even again too. For now, I just want to make it to the second trimester.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #122  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Diana - I'm so sorry to hear about Magnum. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today, I know that's a terribly hard thing to go through.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #123  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Morning I'm down .4 today to 205 on the nose. I'm pretty happy with that!

FutureThoughts
-- Yes, I'm glad to be pushing through this part with you. When I see your weight it motivates me to stick to my plan and get there with you. Thanks for your thoughts on the rewards...I was thinking I might want to wait longer to get the hair makeover too. I think it will look better on me as I lose more weight in my face. It is a drastic change in colour, but I do like me as a brunette. What did you have at Applebees?

Jami -- Believe me, I was thinking of both, but I do have 'budget' restraints...lol. We are having a good time. Today is another "Yes Day", which I think I've told you guys about before. I am terrified of yes days, but in the end Cameron usually isn't very demanding. So far today he's just chosen to eat breakfast in the living room and to play his DS all day, no limits (ususally he's limited to 30 min per day).

Diana -- How frustrating to hear that you still might not get the details you want about your allergies. Congrats on your .8 today If you feel like it, I would love to hear about how Magnum joined your family and any of his puppy stories.

Aimee -- Have a great day at work! How are your weigh ins going?

Ona -- Congratulations on your 1.2!!! The 170's will be the next decade to fall victim to your unwavering perserverence!

LGW -- Ouch, sorry about that gain. Could it be TOM lurking nearby?

Vixsin-- Good job on your .6 today!

Shylah -- Congratulations on your pregnancy! I was wondering how you were doing, we don't see enough of you.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Today is a better day!

1: 311.4
2: 311.8 (+0.4)
3: 310.2 (-1.6)

Diana - Praying that you find some answers with your allergies and also are able to find some peace right now. Take care of yourself!
allison0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #125  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Don't have time for individual personals today. Good Luck, Everyone!

My MIL had some more tests waiting to see the results.

I got to the gym on Saturday. Did weights and cardio. I plan on going to the gym sometime today. Need to do better with the food plan. Going grocery shopping so plan on getting some healthier snacks and food. I still have some unpacking to do. I have my food scale but need to find calorie counting book. But plan on using online calorie counting if can't find my book.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #126  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Im back in full effect! I have been under the weather and not feeling good and before that was on vacation and had a ball! Its time to get back rolling so I want August to be a good month. Good luck everyone I would love to get down to 225 I have been gaining weight.

August:
1 233
2 233
3 231.2
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #127  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Diana- Hugs!!!!!

Angie -I LOVE that hair style!

Allison-every lil ounce counts

Shylah-congrats on the pregnacy!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #128  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

August:
1 278.8
2 279.4 (grrrr)
3 278.8

Hi All!! Thanks for the welcome!

-Kiki
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #129  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

July 31 - 265.7
Goal for August 31 - 259

1: 267.9; 2: 267.9; 3: 266.6;
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #130  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Time for me to dive into the personals:

Vixsin - Thank you for the recommendation on the Marie's yogurt dressings - I love restaurant ranch made with buttermilk, but hate the store bought stuff made with oil - this sounds perfect (and lower cal to boot!)

JamieSue - I've been doing the dance with 40lbs lost also. I just can't seem to get there - hopefully this month!

Mandi - love your new "bike" - hopefully it will help keep you in the game and off that ankle until it is properly healed.

Love2B - Way to make your chores work for you - 200 cal per hour sounds about right for heavy duty cleaning - if you finish up at your house, you're welcome to come do mine - I won't even charge you a gym fee.

Angie - How exciting to plan your ONEderland prize! I say go for the new 'do - based on your avatar pic, it would look great on you. Very modern and young. Then again, I'm too chicken to change the cut or color of my hair. Just give me a straight classic bob that grows out each 3 months from chin to nearly shoulder length, please.

Diana - hugs, no words, just hugs. Don't second guess yourself - you made the decision you know in your heart was the best for Magnum - and I know that doesn't make it any easier. Again, hugs.

Also, sorry to hear about the allergy struggles, but glad they're finally getting to the bottom of it. I've been on and off shots since age 12 - if it grows, I'm allergic to it.

Vickie Lou -I only do online calorie counts (well, in addition to the stuff on the package or published online by the restaurant) - I think it is actually better than a book - you can crosscheck different sites information to get the closest count for whatever you actually ate. Thank goodness for the internet!

Wyllowbelle - Welcome! I'm just getting to know everyone on here as well.

Yesterday was a pretty good day - within target on everything. Hopefully the scale will start reflecting this....
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #131  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

April 2011 - Lost 2.2 lbs
May 2011 - Lost 10 lbs
June 2011 - Lost 6.7 lbs
July 2011 - Lost 6.2 lbs
August 2011 goal - 249.7 (-10 lbs)!!

July 31: 259.7
1: 259.9 (+0.2)
2: 258.6 (-1.3)
3: 257.3 (-1.3) TOTAL LOST 2.4

YAY! Hit a new low today! And...news flash...I've finally shed that grueling 4lbs I gained while camping over a week ago. I thought it was just but it kept hanging on and was really messing with my head. BUT, I stuck to my guns, stayed OP, and finally won the battle. And I'm oh so happy that I won't be raising my ticker this week!

I signed up for the Body Fit Challenge at my gym (California Family Fitness) this morning. It's basically an 8-week biggest loser type challenge. We all check in, get weighed and measured next Saturday the 13th. I'm SUPER excited and nervous. I'm excited to see what I'm capable of when pushed but I'm also looking forward to learning new techniques so I can keep my workouts interesting.

Diana -- Yea, I've heard that about allergies too. Would be great if they could tell you something helpful though - other than stating the obvious that is! LOL. And here's some more 'cause I think you could use as many as you can get right now.

OnaMi -- Yahoo! You kicked the 180's to the curb this morning! Isn't this a new low for you?!?! I'm so excited for you!!

LGW -- Oh ok. I'm near Sacramento.

Vixsin -- NICE! Whoosh granted Expect it any day now!

Shylah -- Yes, weight loss is not very important right now but the good news is that you'll be able to put everything you've learned to good use so you stay happy and healthy for your new lil' munchkin!

Angie -- Yea, I was afraid of that...dang "budgets"! I think I'll have to look into one of those pandora bracelets. I've seen them on TV and liked the idea of the charms and it does actually sound like an amazing reward. YES days sounds pretty great! When's my yes day? LOL. Oh yea, and for hitting 205 on the dot. ONEderland is SO freaking close!!!

Allison -- Nice loss this morning!!

Matilda -- NICE loss this morning! WTG!!

Jen -- woo hoo! Looks like I'm finally shaking some lbs loose this month after a less than exciting ending in July. This movement, along with the Body Fit Challenge that starts next week, will hopefully continue to shake things up and get that scale MOVING!

Vickie, Wyllowbelle --

Last edited by JamiSue3916; 08-03-2011 at 11:42 AM.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #132  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Now I am back up .4 to 168.8 (again). Listen here body, I am tired of this 168 business, I want it gone. And before you get any sneaky ideas, by gone, I mean I want 167, not 169 and I want it to stay gone! Got it?

I am still waiting for a call back about my glucose numbers. Last night I made sure to have a little carb snack before bed, but this morning I still got a 56 and I have a headache and am kinda shaky. I'm waiting for my breakfast carbs to kick in and fix it. We also have a sick kitty. He has constipation and we're working on figuring out why. The poor little guy has to be locked in the bathroom so that we will know when he finally goes. We have 2 others so it's impossible to tell which does what unless we lock him up or just sit and stare at the litter boxes 24/7. The two things combined have me seriously stressed, plus we are STILL waiting for the homestudy stuff and my period has been trying to start for 9 days, it's been like the first half of the first day for the entire time. It all adds up to not a happy Roxy!

Anyone who likes peanut butter - I got some of the PB2 yesterday. Last night I got myself a serving of Breyers carb smart vanilla. I warmed it for 10 seconds in the microwave to soften it. I mixed 5 grams of PB2 in it and had peanut butter ice cream. It was fabulous! One of the best things I have ever eaten for under 100 calories.

Gale - I used to want to eat more when I exercise, but I made sure to have some food, including carb and protein, an hour or so beforehand and then I just told myself no. I was unhappy for about a week, but then my body adjusted.

ilbnej - I am sorry that you had such a shock with chik-fil-a. It's the dressing in the coleslaw. I am lucky that there is not a chik-fil-a very close to me because it would be a hard one for me to resist. McDs and such are easy for me, but I LOVE chik-fil-a.

Vixsin - My wal-mart doesn't have one called Marie's, but we have a very similar sounding yogurt based brand called Bolthouse that is fantastic. Comes in ranch (70 calories), blue cheese (50 calories), and blue cheese vinaigrette (60 calories).

Ona - The Body Gospel has 8 different workouts at a total of 254 minutes and comes with the workout bands that will be needed to do it. I'm still thinking about it though. I guess that's a good reason to change the schedule. Yay for 5 days of zumba!

Mandy - exercise!

Future - Could you and hubby maybe have talks over a picnic in a park somewhere? You could pack healthy foods and it would be fun too. I am so going to try grilling my PBJ next time!

Rennie - I know from when I was wearing a bodybugg that house cleaning burns a heck of a lot of calories. I was seriously shocked. I was burning 11 and 12 per minute sometimes.

Angie - My tortillas are 80 calories, but they have an awesome 8g of fiber. That haircut is really cute, but one thing to consider is that if you have no bangs right now then switching to that might drive you insane.

Diana - I am so sorry for your loss and that you had to make such a hard decision. I don't know what your beliefs are, but I believe you will meet Magnum again one day and that he will let you know then that he is grateful to you for helping him to not suffer anymore. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Jami - Your challenge sounds fun. Good luck!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
The two things combined have me seriously stressed, plus we are STILL waiting for the homestudy stuff and my period has been trying to start for 9 days, it's been like the first half of the first day for the entire time. It all adds up to not a happy Roxy!
Sorry to hear about your kitty! I can't believe you're still waiting for the homestudy stuff and wish there was some way I could speed up the process, because I still remember how excited you were when you first told us about this, it really stuck with me! As for the period, I know the feeling!!!!! Mine was supposed to show up 1.5 weeks ago, I have crazy coming and going PMS symptoms that I normally get before TOM, but no actual period yet. It's driving me bonkers!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #134  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Diana, I'm so sorry. Just remember that we're all here for you.

I'm down .4 of the 1.4 I was up yesterday. It's been so dang hot here the last few days (and no AC), and I'm sure that's contributing to me being up. I'm also completely brain farting over whether I took my blood pressure meds for the last couple of days - if I forgot, that's definitely what the gain is about.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #135  
One Choice Smarter

S/C/G: 239.6/?/139

Height: 5'6

Just a quick check-in. I'm sneaking on during work, but will hopefully make it back on tonight

Up 1lb even to 205.8 ... but I'm still seeing that magic 205 so I'm ok with it!

At Applebees last night I had the Grilled Shrimp and Island Rice. It was delicious! I really like the teriyaki chicken (or shrimp) over angel hair pasta too, but that has about 1000mg more sodium than the rice Of course i made up for that by having a coke with dinner... coke, especially from a fountain, is a weakness (though i'm SOOO much better than i used to be!) I can't do the diet coke, the fake sugar taste gives me a headache
FutureThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote