Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #136  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I decided to get the haircut on Friday, just because, but I won't do the colour right now. I'll think about the charm once I get to ONEderland...I'll have to go online browsing to see which one I want. Any recommendations are welcome.

Allison -- Congrats on your 1.6 whoosh today, that's the ticket!

VickieLou -- Hope your MILs tests work out for the best. Have a great day.

Matilda -- Good job on your 1.8 today! Thanks about the hairstyle, I hope it looks good on me too.

Wyllowbelle -- Nice drop for you today, keep working it!

ilbnej -- Thanks! Good job on your loss today and on sticking to your plan. You're right, if you stick to it the scale will have to choice but to show it sooner or later.

Jami -- Yes! Great loss today, congrats on the new low Yes day is pretty fun...today is an easy one for me...he's exercising his option to do nothing. We even went to the drive thru with him in his pj's..lol and he's done nothing but play his DS and watch TV all day.

Roxy -- Grrr @ that .4 and at 168 -- I demand a whoosh for you! I don't think I'll mind those bangs, I have long bangs now, but they are normally pushed off my forehead. I'm pretty flexible with hair, I always figure if I don't like it, it will grow out or grow back. Sorry about the sick kitty, I hope things get moving for him soon.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #137  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Diana I am truly sorry for you and DH's lost. And trust that you have done the right thing. He is in a better place and I'm sure he hung on for the two of you as long as he could. He wanted to keep his Mom and Dad happy and he did until the very end.

I haven't finished reading through yet so I pray today is going as well as possible for you and DH.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Angie - Thanks! I am excited to see your new haircut! It is going to look great!
allison0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #139  
~Rennie

Thanks Jami and yeah the calorie burn is ridiculously high. If I ate half those calorie back I'd see a hike on the scale. And I even found where you can enter each cleaning thing that you did, I should be skinny Jami 1.3lbs a day you're just gonna whoosh away from here, keep it going on the new low and joining the challenge at the gym, YOU ROCK!

Thanks Angie there is low sugar 1/3 frosted flakes the kids didn't like them but I couldn't tell the difference. I think I may look for some really crunchy corn flakes. I like that frosted flakes don't get soggy when I do have them with milk but I prefer them dry. Haven't touched them today. I think I'm over them for a couple of days. I hope On the cleaning 5 kids, pets, and a big tall kid there is always something to do. I was just telling my Aunt that I remember having to sweep when I was at her house during the summer like 10 times a day and I hated it. I think my family likes to see me clean. And the dust is crazy. This house is just shy of 4000 square feet so I have my work cut out for me. I don't always move furniture when I vacuum though I should then it won't take so long I'm sure. Sorry that got so long, but I could go on and on about the things no one sees in here but me. Angie go try on a wig, that color in that style. I love it. When I decided I wanted to grow my hair out that's what I did. I purchased a wig cap and tried on a few, found my style and now I'm waiting on the growth . I dye my hair periodically anyway when I see too much gray because it's only on the left side of my head for some crazy reason Angie good job on the .4 down

Thanks LGW, ... hey I wonder it I can find a DVD like that to look at while on the treadmill, that would be great that's right keep it positive, you've found your nitch, keep it going

Blanche gotta be water weight

Kukkie sorry again the gain but you know it's probably water, it'll be gone soon

Diana glad you heard from the allergist, but it sucks to not know what you are allergic to all the same. I hope the skin test tell you something. Good job on the .8 down

Whew Aimee you first day on vacation your gonna need some serious caffeine to stay up. Enjoy it though, I remember those days

Ona I am jumping for JOY here, 179 oh my goodness, YOU GO GIRL, I can't cheer for you enough. Didn't I tell you that you would catch me in a couple of weeks. See listen to me I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SOMETIMES, I am so proud of you Super Big

Vixsin good job on the .6 down I have some projects that I'd like to start but I do better when there is no one here but me (the selfish side of me can say I did it all by myself, hehehe)

Roxie, just do take it easy and follow that diet to the T. Have you been checking your sugar periodically in between. Are they gonna test you early, that's what they did to me. I'm so happy for you. Take care

Allison whoosh 1.6lbs Gone, good for you

Vicki, hope your MIL test go well. What type of phone do you have? You can calorie count on your phone pretty quickly and I know my fitness pal has a bar code scanner. I'm glad I was told about it, plus I have lot of friends on there from here. So I'm getting support every where when I need it (just have to use it)

Matilda good job on the 1.8 gone Whoosh

Wyllowbelle, good job on the .6 down

ilbnej good job on the 1.3 gone whoosh I didn't even know that cleaning counted until Vixsin mentioned it. I'm so glad I know it now though. I don't mind cleaning but I hate cleaning bathroom we have 4 and 3 boys that sometimes don't aim right oh and baseboards take forever, but I yeah I'd come help you out and we can burn some calories together thanks on the no fee I am broke

LOL Roxy, you tell that scale, and when it works come tell my scale Sorry about the kitty , I hope those home study people get it together soon Which PB2 did you buy? I have the regular and said I was gonna go get the chocolate but never did. Thanks for the link to the Body Gospel, I've never seem it before. Cleaning has a great calorie burn.

eclipse glad you're down .4 of the up, may I say something! ... please get you a dry erase board or something to make a tick on when you take your medicine, the heat can make you sick alone so please don't add to it (though I know not intentional). Thinking about you

Future

OK I'm down 1lb today to 175.6 and that was after 6 hours of sleep. Haven't been busy enough today so no calories burned unless I can hit the treadmill and shower before I leave.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

July 31st ~ 262.4

August:
1~ 262.2
2~ 262.0
3~ 260.6
kwigg619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #141  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Shylah,I'm so happy for you

Jami,2.4 lbs already you're doing excellent!!Challenge at the gym that extra motivation is going to be awesome Thank you.Yeah..it is a new low I'll still in the process of transitioning mentally(after seeing/reaching 180) so it's gonna take me awhile to get excited about this next phase.Maybe if i start to think about @174, I"ll weigh less than my sister
But i do have a couple of dresses(my sister gave me.(14 petite) cause she's always been smaller) that I've been trying on for months and I'm getting closer to zipping them all the way(Just around the bust is still hard to zip) and i was excited to buy some size 8 underwear(yesterday) and they fit perfectly and when i looked at myself naked in the mirror the other day i said.. wow..I'm shaping up nicely so I'm working on that mental shift,knowing the best is yet to come.

Angie,hope you're enjoying your time off.you're in the groove can't wait to see the new do. thanks.

Future

Matilda,great job on the 1.8

Roxy,sorry about poor kitty hope the people come on hang in there. hope you have a better day tomorrow.. PB/ice cream sounded good..I did that w/a SF fudgesicle(40cal) and PB(1 tbsp) and it was like a Reese cup thanks for the link

Rennie thanks for being happy for me and believing in me your post made me smile hope you guys had a shouting good time last night.down a pound great job!!

KuKKie,Vixsin and everyone i missed

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #142  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Default personals

I love this thread

Angie: I don't have a regular TOM but did have some suggestion of it the last few days...so maybe...I do feel bloated...great cut BTW

Love2b: have you heard of the the cardiac theaters?

Ona:

kwigg: you're on the right track

Future: it appears we think alike...I'm trying to stay away from that 220 right now...AW diet root beer is AWESOME

Eclipse: don't forget those meds...try a pill box

Fitgirl: LOL, that's how I felt about that 222...and she is long gone....here is a little

Jamisue: I wonder it there is a CA fitness out here...it sounds like fun...I'm not exercising right now however, I'm focusing on my eating habits...and at 20# lost...I guess a lot of it is my eating habits

ilbnej: on the right track

wyllow: on the right track

matilda:
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I truly appreciate them. I really feel the love and support from everyone.

This has been a lot more difficult than we even thought it would be. Tonight we went to one of the islands to eat. I wanted to have a different routine tonight than what we normally have. We always get home quickly to let Magnum out. Anyways, we went to a new restaurant. The food was very expensive and there was limited healthier items for me. We decided to share a plate. I had some fried foods, but we shared everything. So I ate food that was not very good for me, in moderation.

I am happy to report that I have not turned to food for comfort. I was going to put off my workout, but decided against that. Not doing a workout won't fix anything.

Ona Congrats on the 1.2 pounds.

LGW Keep your focus. It will pay off. It could be a daily fluctuation.

Vixsin Congrats on the .6.

ShylahEQ Congrats! I am so happy for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Angie Congrats on the .4. I hope you post a picture of the new cut on you.

Allison Congrats on the 1.6 pounds!

Vickie I think I missed your post about your MIL. I hope everything is OK. Take care.

Matilda Great job on the 1.8 pounds.

Wyllowbelle Congrats on the .6.

Ilbnej Great job on the 1.3 pounds.

JamiSue Yes, the extra was needed today. Thank you. Congrats on the 1.3 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Now I am back up .4 to 168.8 (again). Listen here body, I am tired of this 168 business, I want it gone. And before you get any sneaky ideas, by gone, I mean I want 167, not 169 and I want it to stay gone! Got it?
Fitgirlygirl How many times have we all been through that? I am so glad you clarified that for your body. We know what happens. How is your kitty doing?

Eclipse Great job on the .4.

Futurethoughts The Island Rice and Shrimp is a good meal to order. I also like the Grilled Dijon Portabello Chicken.

Rennie Hi Congrats on the pound!

Kwigg Great job on the 1.4 pounds.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-03-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #144  
One Choice Smarter

S/C/G: 239.6/?/139

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Back for goodnight personals Hope everyone has a great night and an amazing tomorrow :

LGW -- I love this thread too! I really find myself thinking about everyone at different points during the day - as silly as it is, it helps me keep on track cause i don't want to let anyone down I've found I can do small amounts of Sprite Zero if I'm really trying to be good but desperately want soda. Ah, if only I liked Root Beer!

Shylah --!!! Congratulations! Take great care of yourself and that baby

Ona -- Congrats on such a great reactionto looking at yourself I would definitely call that and the new undies an NSV! (non-scale victory)

Jami -- oh man, I'm so jealous of your gym Challenge! That sounds like a great motivator!!

Roxy -- sorry you are having a stressful time. Come in here and vent as much as needed Hoping kitty does better and can come out of the bathroom soon

kwigg -- Congrats on the 1.4!

Rennie -- Congrats on the 1! Whew - you got me tired just reading how much cleaning you have to do It's impressive. I love MFP myfitnesspal.com too! I *KNOW* that site and app are a major element of why I'm being successful this time. That and this thread

Allison -- Nice job on the 1.6!!

VickieLou - hope everything turns out well with MILs tests. :

Angie -- what a smart compromise on your reward! I think that cut is going to be great ...and the dark brunette will be great come fall Funny thing is I do the same thing, I'll be dark auburn/red again soon! Glad YES day wen smoothly for you

Eclipse -- the small up is going down!

ANd I just started falling asleep again - lol. Hopefully I don't ranomly wake up before 4am! sorrty to every I misssed -- I'm still thinking of you throughout the day

Confession: I just watched a commercial for the "AbRocketTwister" and i want it! I'm such a sucker for marketing sometimes.
FutureThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #145  
It's mine for the taking

I noticed this week that there are a few people we haven't heard from in quite a long time...like JennieLovesKisses, OpheliaPheonix, BulletproofHeart, Leah (LNoel) and CocoMOnkey. I'm sure there are others I'm missing. If you are lurking out there, please check in and say hello.

Rennie -- I was just thinking, "Where's Rennie?" and there you are! The low sugar frosted flakes sound good. I actually coloured my hair today on my own, just a shade darker than it was. Congrats on your 1lb today!

Ona -- We're having a nice vacation. I'm itching to get out of the house. We were inside all day today as that's what Cam chose for his 'yes' day. Tomorrow we are going to the science centre and I'm really looking forward to being out of the house.

LGW -- I hope is TOM is coming that he comes and goes quickly for you and doesn't mess with your weight.

Diana -- I'm so glad to hear that you were not looking for comfort in food. I was worried about that for you. I worry about that for all of us when we have tragic or stressful events in our lives. I think when we are mourning we do more justice to the deceased by seeing our plan through than we would by letting their passing push us off our path.

Dear weightloss powers that be, I realize this may be a little selfish after the great week I've had, but I would still really like to see a nice loss on the scale tomorrow morning. The suspense of ONEderland is killing me and I'd like to get a bit (read: significantly) closer. Please and thank you.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #146  
It's mine for the taking

FutureThoughts -- Sweet dreams!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #147  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I just got the book I ordered last week. "The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift like a man, look like a Goddess! Someone else was posting about about and it sounded interesting. It's supposed to rebuff all the myths about women, lifting, and muscles. I can't wait to read it!

Roxy -- I love seeing you tell that 168 where to shove it! And thanks for the words about the challenge. I'm really looking forward it! I really hope you hear back soon about your glucose numbers...I'm worried about how low those numbers are! I really hope your kitty gets better soon too.

Jeri -- Ditto Rennie. You better mark down when you take those pills. We don't want you doubling up or skipping to many days.

Future -- I'm really glad you enjoyed your dinner last night! It sounds YUMMY! And thanks, I'm pretty darn excited about the challenge too!

Angie -- Yay! I CAN'T wait to see the cut! I love that he wanted to go through the drive-thru in his PJ's! So freaking cute! I love your lil' prayer to the weightloss gods. Too funny!

Rennie -- Thanks for the congrats on the challenge. I'm super excited to start. Excited and VERY nervous!

Kwigg -- Nice loss today!! woo hoo!

Ona -- Wow! I thought that was a new low so congrats! Yea, I'm not even close to needing to work on that mental image yet but I can totally see how hard it will be. Luckily us newbies have all you experienced gals to learn from!

LGW -- CalFit is CA based so I would imagine they do have one in your area. However, you're right. What you're doing is definitely working...maybe save the exercise for when you plateau so you can shake things up quickly and easily. Starbrite (another daily weigher) didn't start exercising until the end of her journey either.

Diana -- Your welcome and thanks!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #148  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey ya'll!

i missed my weigh in this morning (well i weighed in, and freaked out about it being high, then realized i'd already had water and breakfast and decided to scrap that number)... and will probably have wonky weigh ins the rest of the week since i'm working 7-4 vs 2-11 like i typically work.

however, TOM is here, my tummy is finally behaving properly, and i'm exercising again, so i'm expecting a whoosh any day now!

there will be more of me around after friday.

*hugs* everyone!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #149  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Interesting...I thnik I am finally seeing the TOM weight gain everyone has been talking about...I am irregular and have not had my TOM since I started in May...and I was not doing the daily weight ins to monitor fluctuations...so it is really interesting to see these gains over the last few days...visible bloating as well....

I am so grateful for this site...this is normally the time where you see gains despite your best efforts and you're craving certain foods -- and you just give up and give in -- not this time...I shall wait it out

LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #150  
~Rennie

Good LATE Evening Everyone

I just got off the treadmill at 11:50. Needed to update MFP before shower and bed so I figured I'd catch up here so I don't have 3 pages of personals later today since it's now 12:10am

treadmill
~ 30:24 minutes
~ 1.75 miles
~ 3.4-3.6 speed
~ 3.5 incline
~ 226 calories burned

Thanks Diana hope you're doing well this evening thinking about you. Glad you got your workout in Oh and I bought more zucchini and squash today, cooked it up before my treadmill time. I had a turkey bacon and cheddar omelet this morning and barely got the last part down. I think the z/s/o omelet has spoiled me. I can't wait to make my (Diana omelet)

Thanks Angie I ate those frosted flakes after all, so guilt made me hit that treadmill, as well as fear. I don't want to go back up to the high 170's again and I certainly don't want to see 180 before bed again Angie I don't think I've seen Jennie since I've been back. Last year she and I were running neck and neck at one time and when she got down to 150 then 140 then 130 ... I said to myself bye bye Jennie Then it was Susie and me, then Coondocks and me (thank goodness she's still around) but now I have Ona to leave me behind also Roxy already left me ... I like trying to keep up

kwigg good job on the 1.4 gone

Thanks Ona it's a great thing to look in the mirror and think nice things about what you see. I'm so happy for you. And size 8 undies You Ona we did. Luther Barnes sang last night, brought back some old school of course and tonight we had Bishop Bruce Parham. What a blessing

LGW nope, I haven't heard of the Cardiac Theaters. I just googled it but didn't read through but not sure what I'm looking for Glad you're gonna stick it out with us

Future I love this thread also, it's like my back bone for weight loss, keeps me straight for the most part. I like diet Dr. Pepper, Pepsi Max and Coke Zero but don't drink either often. Hubby brought me a 6 pack of Pepsi Max and it took me forever to drink them so he thought it was a waste. So I stick to water for the most part and might add a flavor pack that I have to split because they are too sweet weird I know On the cleaning my Mom told me to just leave things as they are and they will get tired of looking at it like that I did try it once and it drove me nuts. She also said that the reason why they don't do anything right is because they know I won't ask again. But what I've learned is that if it's done wrong and I pull it all out and they have to do it again it helps, even if only for that moment but that's the joy of all my children . Goodness if you get up at 4am I see why you are so tired, get some rest

Aimee, Coondocks and Kukkie remember the dance last year, too funny

Jami just get out there and show them what you're made of don't be nervous. You'll show them all up because you have determination

Mandy for that whoosh

Ok my little miss missy is still up and waiting for me to go upstairs. So guess I better skidatal ... not to mention I'm sure my husband is thinking where is she NIGHT ALL time for a much needed shower