Ouch. this is an eye opener - me? 67 - I don't like that number
Calculate Your Life Expectancy!
While there is no sure way to calculate your life expectancy, there are certain guidelines that can give you rough estimates. If you are between 25 and 65 years of age and reasonably healthy, this test provides a statistical view of your life expectancy.
Start with the number 72
• If you are male, subtract 3.
• If you are female, add 4.
• If you live in an urban area with the population over 2 million, subtract 2.
• If a grandparent lived to age 85 or over, add 6.
• If all four grandparents lived to age 80 or over, add 6.
• If either parent died of a stroke or heart attack before 50, subtract 4.
• If a family member under 50 has (or had) cancer, a heart condition, or diabetes, subtract 2.
• As an individual, do you earn over $60,000 a year? subtract 2.
• If you finished college, add 1.
• If you have a graduate or professional degree, add 2 more.
• If you are 65 or over and still working, add 3.
• If you live with a spouse or friend, add 5.
• If you live alone, subtract 1 for every 10 years alone since age 25.
• If you work behind a desk, subtract 3.
• If your work requires heavy physical labor, add 3.
• If you exercise strenuously three to five times a week, add 3.
• Do you sleep more than 10 hours each night? Subtract 4.
• Are you intense? Aggressive? Easily angered? Subtract 3.
• Are you easy-going and relaxed? Add 3.
• Are you happy? Add 1. Unhappy? Subtract 2.
• Have you had a speeding ticket in the last year? Subtract 1.
• Do you smoke more than two packs a day? Subtract 8. One or two packs? Subtract 6. One - half to one pack? Subtract 3.
• Do you drink the equivalent of two drinks of hard liquor a day? Subtract 1.
• Are you overweight? By 50 lbs., Subtract 8. By 30-50 lbs, Subtract 4. By 10-30 lbs., Subtract 2.
• Are you a man over 40 and have annual checkups? Add 2.
• If you are a woman and see a gynecologist once a year, add 2.
• If you are between 30 and 40, add 2.
• If you are between 40 and 50, add 3.
• If you are between 50 and 70, add 4.
• If you are over 70, add 5.
Now total it all up and you'll have a rough estimate of how long you can expect to live.