Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 09:27 PM   #1  

Default falling off the wagon...help!

Hi,
Hope everyone's having a better week than I am. I'm just eating too much! Having a rough time of the month this month. My appetite is ridiculous! Any tips for surviing? Hopefully the sugar cravings will be gone soon. I"m scared to get back on the scale.

Help,
Sherry
Old 01-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I didn't weigh in either. Woke up w/Aunt Flo today. That explains the eating, hopefully I can do better tomorrow.

I haven't eaten since I came home, and that is helping. I have a can of LaCroix here next to me, I'm sipping from it. So far that is helping.

I'm about to tackle a big pile of dishes & a filthy sink. I think that is also helping,

You're not alone, Sherry. We're in this together!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:57 PM   #3  

I could eat a horse just before that time of month. I have horrible PMS cravings.

I've found that if I take a multi-vitamin and about 500mg of calcium daily and try to eat some soy 2-3 times a week (a Boca veggie burger or Quaker Nutrition for Women Oatmeal) the whole PMS thing -- the cravings the bloating the achiness -- is reduced. It may not help you for this month ... but give it a try and see what happens next month.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:42 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Next month, try cutting out all or most of your caffeine. That's what I've done (I've gone from 3-4 diet Cokes a day to maybe 3-4 a week, plus down to a cup of coffee every other day) and it's helped with cravings and bloating tremendously.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:37 AM   #5  

I agree, taking a vitamin with B-complex and maybe getting in a little extra protein might help you get through those cravings. I'm familiar with it, hon, my sweet tooth has been acting up a lot lately, and it seems to have nothing to do with time of month!

Pen
Old 01-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #6  

Well, I don't have any grand words of wisdom, but I am right there with you!!! TOM started yesterday for me, & a for a few days before, I was fighting off cravings left & right! I wanted to eat anything, from salty to sweet, that wasn't good for me. I just had to force myself to wait them out. Thankfully, they seem to have gone away mostly. I'm really craving protein right now, so I am going to treat myself to a pb&j sandwich tonight for supper & I can't wait!!!

Hang in there!
Old 01-29-2003, 10:09 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good for you Kayla!... I gave into mine Today is better. I exercised this morning and I think that is making a difference. I ate a variety of 1 point items rather then a 4 point bowl of cereal.
I have my yoga class tonight - sometimes I just need to have a place I have to be.
Never thought of a vitamin - you think it could really make a difference?
Any brands you would recommend? with B you said, right? why B?

Dana
Old 01-29-2003, 12:47 PM   #8  

There's been research around for years that says one of the B vitamins is especially helpful for fighting PMS ... but I can't remember which one. I just take a multi vitamin/mineral thing like Centrum-- it pretty much covers all the bases.

Also there's been research saying that calcium helps. I do drink a bit of milk daily and often eat cheese and yogurt, but I'm not coming close to the recommended amount of calcium, so adding that tablet also helps.

I wish you the best.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm about to go for a lunchtime walk. I'm tired of feeling this way, and I have no excuses today. I've got my hiking boots on. Yes it's cold, but once I get walking, I will feel so much better.

I take a multi-vitamin every day, guess I'd better beef up on the B's. Thanks for the info!!
Closed Thread