Just an observation....

• I have been a member for a couple weeks that has included 2 weekends. I've noticed that the post trickle down on the weekend as people stray from their routines and then on Monday you get a ton of "weekend craving" post. I've come to the conclusion it is not cravings, it is lack of accountability.

Speaking for myself, I have a lot of extra time on my hands during the weekend and cravings sneak up on me -- especially if everyone else is doing it or no one is looking for my WI post :-)

Having said that, my observation has shown a pretty significant trend.
    It may actually help a lot of people to log in on the weekends. A "I'm sticking it out through the weekend" thread may be warranted.

Have a great day and a great week....and an even better weekend :-)

LGW
  • I think people's reasons for not posting on the weekends vary. Many are travelling or perhaps unable to log in as much (lots of people check from work)... so I don't know that that it's always because of a lack of accountability.
  • Many people may post from work or home while their kids are at school. Not much alone time on the weekend!

Heather, you look incredible! Congrats!
  • For those people who tend to stray from their routines on the weekend, some extra support may help. A lot of people seem to do very well with the support throughout the week. Just a suggestion for those that may need the extra support. Again....just my observation....
  • I'm always unstructured, on thecweekends I tend to do more loafing about around the computer. I have a harder time at night then during the day so I end up here late at night feel in lonely, lol.
  • I am online enough, but I post less on the weekends because no one replies cuz no one else is around. I know a lot of people post from work.
  • I know I have a hard time on weekends. It's larger social time with other people rather than just me and kid for breakfast and lunch and me, kid and DH for dinner. And I do login here. I figure it is just going to take me a while to sort it out -- keep trying different things until something sticks. I know it took me 5 Christmas times to sort out how NOT to gain after that!

A.
  • I'm not sure if weekends present a problem for me. I tend to get the munchies at work around 2:00. On the weekend I sometimes have to remind myself it's time to eat because I get caught up in what I'm doing. Everyone is different (thank goodness for that!)

Lin
  • Quote: An "I'm sticking it out through the weekend" thread may be warranted.
    Myself and I few other ladies often challenge each other to get through our weekends OP because it is definitely a struggle. I still weigh in daily so I don't necessarily it's an accountability issue but maybe just a focus problem?? Who knows.

However, I think you've got a great idea about starting the weekend thread. GO FOR IT!!
  • I haven't actually been through a weekend here yet.

However, chaos usually ensues when our normal schedules go out the window. I think the idea of a specific thread for Weekend Warriors is a really cool idea! I would certainly be part of that !

~scribbling on sticky note for computer "plan 3FC time for coming weekend" ~

Great idea!
  • Quote: ~scribbling on sticky note for computer "plan 3FC time for coming weekend" ~

Great idea!

Thanks!
  • Sometimes I have nothing going on and love to poke around the forums on the weekends. Other times I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger and there's just no time. When I'm busy, I have found that it's a double whammy--I often make spur of the minute decisions on what to eat (might not be the best) plus I can't prep or plan for the upcoming week. This weekend I'm going to be out of town and am not going to have Internet access so I definitely won't be posting. Since I will not be at home, I am already anticipating having more food struggles this weekend. It is much harder (not impossible, but harder) to lose when I eat the majority of meals outside. But, I'm determined to do well this weekend--I want to follow all of you to the 250 thread!