Completely fell off the wagon...

• I have gained 15lbs since the beginning of summer.

I'm so upset about it. In those three months, a few things contributed (new birth control that threw me for a loop, traveling over a month for work, vacation), but overall, it's crappy eating and lack of exercise that are the culprit.

Now, I'm committed to getting back on track and getting this weight off, but I am just so scared of screwing up.

Help!! I need to get my head straight.
  • There is no such thing as screwing up permanently.

We might eat something we didn't need, or put off exercising one day, but these things happen from time to time. We just catch ourselves, and return to making healthier choices at the very next moment.

Nobody here is perfect. We're just chugging along, making better decisions than we used to, and we don't beat ourselves up over the little mistakes. Focus on the good changes you're making. They'll add up to a healthy lifestyle!
  • You are here right, that is a great step. You know what went wrong, its not like you're going man I put on this weight and I have no idea why.

Weight reduction is a journey, and like many journeys we have detours. It is seldom a straight shot from fat to less fat. As long as you keep going, you learn, and you try then you are fine.
  • Fall off is not a big deal.

It's getting back on knowing what you learned from the experience. So what DID you learn? How can this help you on this next leg of the journey?

A.
  • I'm right there with you... gained 15 pounds since early June. Getting back on track now and it's not as bad as I was anticipating. You've got this!
  • Do know how many times I've fallen off? The OP is right. It's getting back on that counts. If I hadn't gotten back on then I wouldn't be down almost 30pnds. Two steps forward, one step back.

We can do this!
  • It's persistance, not perfection. You're back and that's what counts today. The past is done and all you can do about it now is to learn from it. You CAN do this!!
  • Just get back up, dust yourself off, and say today is a new day. We have all been there and we can support you all the way.
  • Good for you! You stopped it after 15 pounds gained. I gained back 30 before I said ENOUGH. You can do it!!!
  • Failure is when you just give up. Keep working at this and you'll be fine. If you screw up, change back to what you know is healthy as soon as you recognize the mistake. You just have to keep going forward and learn from your mistakes.

Lin
  • At least you stopped at 15pounds. You'll lose it in no time.
  • It's all good. Dust yourself off and get back on it! You can do it and we've all got your back
  • I regained 20 lbs over the last 6 months too. Sometimes life and stress just get in the way of your goals. The good thing is that you are aware of the slip and are moving on. You're not a failure until you fail to try.
  • Carpe diem! give yourself a hug! You did once before, you can do it again.