Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Default Oh poo! Fat again.

Life sure gets busy and you lose track of yourself from the get go. Two years ago I got down to my goal weight of 158 lbs coming down from 260. Today I am somewhere in the 240's again. An almost 90 lbs gain. What happened? I know what happened. I started creeping up almost instantly after reaching my low weight, 2 lbs turned to four lbs and pretty soon the skinny jeans were the too small skinny jeans. I got a promotion at work that required a lot more time, energy and travel, along with a heaping serving of stress. I wish I would have nipped this in the bud a year ago when I knew I was going over 200 again. When the size 14's were too tight and I was buying new size 16's and 18's.

Somewhere along the line I sold my old treadmill because it has become a gigantic eye soar and collector of clothes. Yesterday I had to go and buy a new one. A bit hit to the wallet, but, when my butt is so fat that I can't fit my overstuffed wallet into my pocket its time to do something about it....again.

I am not looking forward to the road ahead of me. It is a long hard road and last time I was traveling it for two and a half years of struggles, highs, lows, gains, losses, loneliness and self loathing not to mention hard effin' work on that treadmill.

So here I am again, thinking I should have never left, thinking that if I had just stayed around posting on the boards and supporting others that I would have kept slim and kept maintenance in my thoughts at all times. I'm just glad a forum like this exists to come back to for the support I received last time I was here. Maybe this time I'll get down there and stay down there and keep on posting on the forums to maintain my loss.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

I understand exactly how you feel. The yo-yo of the weight loss experience can be both draining and frustrating. I remember thinking that I was doing really well and that spending so much time here reading and posting and blogging and tracking was no longer necessary because I had the routine down and was doing great. Then a few days go by and my motivation disappeared. Then a few weeks go by and my losses turn into gains. Here it is about 6 weeks later and I gained back 2 months worth of pounds and lost 6 months worth of motivation and forward momentum.

I feel like I'm starting over, day one again. It SUCKS. It's hard. And I realized that I need this place and the people and the posts and the blogs and the routine to keep me in the mindset and keep me on track and keep me honest and accountable. This place, these people, and this experience are so much better for my progress and my success.

I'll be right next to you, starting my journey again after a break that I never should have taken. We can do this!!
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

You aren't alone. I, too, regained 100-some pounds. Here I am. Recognizing what went wrong. Learning from it. Living with it.

We're here now. We're going to do better, and be wiser about it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

Well, I could have written your post with the exception that I never did quite reach my goal weight.

I think one of the big differences this time around for me is I am in a better place emotionally to take care of myself.

It sounds like you have a plan and I agree that hanging around the boards is a BIG help.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #5  
This means war...

Thanks Ladies! It feels good to know I'm not alone, and I knew I wouldn't be on 3FC, I just never get to leave the forum again! I've started a challenge to get and keep me motivated, my goal right now, at my weight is 2.5 lbs a week until I hit 200 and then to slow it down. I started the Halloween Challenge, 16 weeks away! So that would be 40 lbs by Halloween which is 2.5 lbs a week and very convenient numbers. Last time I was losing weight I was averaging 3 lbs a week until I was in the 190s and then it slowed down, so 2.5 lbs a week should be doable with calorie counting and daily exercise.

I just need good solid daily and weekly goals to motivate me. And a little support along the way.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #6  

You are definately not alone. I lost 40 lbs 6 years agon only to gain it back with an additional 30 on top of it. At least we have each other to lean on and learn from each other. 3FC is awesone!
Lindy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

You are totally not alone.

I got to withing sight of goal, and then it all came back. I should have stayed present on the boards too -- to do damage control.

It took me 5 yrs to figure how to manage christmas without gaining. I figure it will take me a couple stabs at achieving and then STAYING at goal before I master maintaining.

So hang in there!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #8  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

I once tried to calculate all the weight I had gained and lost over the years between 240 and 121 and found it impossible to do so...I can empathize with your situation. *hugs*

Interesting thing is that once you know the path to get to where you are going, it eliminates the fear you might not get there. You did this once, you can definitely do it again.

And while I hope it is the last time you (and I!) lose these lbs, I hope even more that we always keep trying....because I can find peace with failure, just not with giving up. Let us know how things are going along the way...
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #9  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Been there, done that. You are doing the right thing and you will do great AGAIN!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #10  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Height: 5'5"

I have gotten close to goal twice in the last five years only to put it all back on again, plus more. I totally relate to what you are going through! I would get scared as I got thinner, or I would let stress derail me and before I knew it, I was back at square one.

This time I am taking it slower, not obsessing about the scale as much, (which is VERY hard for me to do), and thinking of this more as a permanent lifestyle change.
authentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think that most of us can relate. This is a life long struggle. You have done it before so you know that you can do it again!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
Well, I could have written your post with the exception that I never did quite reach my goal weight.
The good thing is we're all pro's now! We know how to get it done.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango30 View Post
, my goal right now, at my weight is 2.5 lbs a week until I hit 200 and then to slow it down. I started the Halloween Challenge, 16 weeks away! So that would be 40 lbs by Halloween which is 2.5 lbs a week and very convenient numbers. Last time I was losing weight I was averaging 3 lbs a week until I was in the 190s and then it slowed down, so 2.5 lbs a week should be doable with calorie counting and daily exercise.
Whooah...OH HONEY...don't get wrapped up in numbers and time frames and the "what I did befores". What you did before didn't exactly work in the long term. One day at a time friend. Find your plan and work it everyday. The numbers will fall were they may, and the only real control you have is what you put in your mouth today. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Set yourself up for lifetime maintaince.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #14  
This means war...

I agree, I don't want to get wrapped up in the numbers, but recent studies have shown that the faster you get that initial 10% off you start to improve your health factors, like blood sugar, hypertension and such. I'm very worried about diabetes right now.

And, to make my day the worst day in years, I weighed in this morning and I know I was bad on the 4th of July, but I weighed in at 255 lbs, five lbs off my highest weight ever at 9 months pregnant with gestational diabetes. Right now I am in the dumps big time. So I've had to readjust my goals from 199 by Halloween to 215 by Halloween. Maybe I'll make 199 by Thanksgiving. I just can't believe how fat I've gotten. I've got to turn it around now or I'll make myself sick.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #15  

Ha! The title of this thread is exactly why I found this board today- Newbie- this is my first post..
I was on a roll and lost 40+ pounds and then WHAM i dont know what happened but i lost my mojo. Today I made an appointment for Optifast- then realized its not for me ( not only that but i can't afford to spend that much money when i know its not right for me).
Hoping to find what I need to get back on track on this board.
ucscmom is offline   Reply With Quote