Changing my Head

• I went Christmas shopping last month with a group of women who are all skinny. Ok.. slim. They're all around my age (40), and are all about as busy as me.

So.. we would all stop to eat before getting busy. Fast food in a Mall. I went for the fat stuff.. they all got a salad. And they loved their salad. Me? Embarrassed. I wanted a donut and coffee. One night, I actually told them to go after dinner, and I stayed behind to eat the donut I'd gotten, and kept hidden.

Why am I like this? Why do they have a certain lifestyle, and I'm looking at the pigout session as a way of life?

It's as if life doesn't mean nearly as much, if I eat rabbit food. What's wrong with me? Does anyone else feel like this? How do you combat it?

Sandie
  • Sandie,

Rabbit food sucks. As you are trying to decide on a diet, I encourage you to find one that allows you to have yummy food. I am not on Weight Watchers right now, but I know they are stressing that now - not depriving yourself of food you really like. The main thing is portion control and planning ahead.

You won't be able to eat donuts all day and lose weight, but if you plan for it, you should be able to eat one donut once in a while. Find a diet that lets you do that!

Also, as you change your eating habits, your tastes may change. You might develop a taste for grilled stuff and veggies. You may never like rabbit food, but other things may start tasting better to you.

Hope that helps!

Angi
  • I agree with Angi It's almost like all the stuff that's really good for you doesn't taste very good or isn't appealing...I can't remember the last time I had a craving for broccoli
  • Oh yeah. Oh broccoli. My dh craves broccoli. Can't get enough fruits and vegetables. Why is that? What kind of man did I marry??? He never craves chocolate. I type the word, and my eyes scan the room for an unwary bar.

Sandie