Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 02:29 PM   #1  

Question What Diet or No Diet

What diet are any of you on? Are you on the no diet kick? I hate diets. I've been wondering if I should start going to Weight Watchers, or some other group.

I've been just cutting out the junk, and seeing how it goes. I've also started exercising at the 'Y' again. I've dropped a total of 0 pounds so far.

I'm feeling kinda discouraged. I'm eating 3 meals, with light snacks. I know it'll come.. but I guess I was expecting more.

Sandie
Old 01-15-2003, 02:39 PM   #2  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Sandie... I'm doing it my way which is sort of a combination of Sugarbusters and weightwatchers. I have been on ww in the past and like th points system but have pcos and really wanted to concentrate on low gi carbs. Working so far lost 6 pounds this week.(week1).

I try and eat 1 starchy carb each meal ie bread , rice .,pasta, lots of fruit and vege, small amounts of protein and also low cal yohurt,milk. Lots of water and intend to start walking as much as I can (with 3 kids can be hard). I am staying clear as mush as I can of potatoes, white bread and white rice and watching the sugar. Seems to be working so far.

Good Luck

Anna
Old 01-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm not on any "plan", per se. I'm just trying to make better choices, eating less of them.

If you think the support of others will help, then go to WW or some other "group" meeting. I know it's been working for quite a few here.

I get discouraged too. But my friend said I prolly won't see any real results for 6-8 weeks. That helped me put things into perspective.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:55 PM   #4  

Why do you try and eat one starchy carb with each meal? Also.. isn't sugarbusters, where you have two shakes, and one meal? And it's a lot like the Chrissy Snow diet right? I can't remember her name.

Sandie
Old 01-15-2003, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my plan is counting calories. i am staying in a "losing" range right now, for weightloss. when i get to a goal that i am happy with, i will keep track to maintain. it's not a diet (though it might feel like it), it's a lifestyle change.

that's the important part.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:54 PM   #6  
Catwoman

I was doing a mix of lower cals and WW but as of Jan 1 I restarted Atkins, it's just till I shift some pounds and so far it's doing just that, also am finding it much easier to stick to then the old plan.

Kitty
Old 01-15-2003, 08:49 PM   #7  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

I agree with Gonzo it's a lifestyle change and whatever you choose has to suit you and your lifestyle and something I can live with.

I eat bread etc with each meal because I love them and a taste is better than deprivation it also fits into our family eating as well. I have made my choices low gi though wholewheat etc to get a better balance. I have fruit etc for snacks. It seems to be working oh and lots of veges..love those veges!

Anna
Old 01-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #8  
Losing Again!

I joined WW on Dec. 30, almost 3 weeks ago now. I have really enjoyed it so far. Honestly I never thought I'd say that I enjoy following a plan of any kind. I used to try and do it on my own, but with no success, maybe 5 here or there. I've lost 6.6 pounds in 2 weeks, and while I know it will slow after a while, I also have begun to look forward to the meetings and weigh in.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:05 AM   #9  
Searching

Talking Diets

I am totally down with this is a lifestyle change, but I have fun along the weigh

I have found as long as I can incorporate at least 6 mini-meals (a mini meal is usually 200-400 cal) a day I can follow anyones diet. Its the steady eating that keeps cravings at bay and sugar level in check that helps me shed pounds. So for fun I have a book with about 50 different diet plans and I try them all as long as I get my mini-meals I am cool.

So there it is.

Miss Chris
Old 01-16-2003, 10:32 AM   #10  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

During the week, I use a meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch (I used to skip meals, and I get sick if I eat in the morning). I eat a healthy supper and I have snacks during the day also. On the weekends I am more relaxed and actually have 3 meals a day (but I sleep later, so my breakfast is later too and I don't get sick for whatever reason).
Old 01-16-2003, 10:36 AM   #11  

I'm doing WW & love it. I am able to eat in any combination & still lose weight as long as I stay within my points (calorie) range. For instance, some days, I feel like a big, ol' breakfast & not much for lunch; other days, I save my points for a big supper. I'm really enjoying it & finding it to be very helpful for me.
Closed Thread