Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default Newsweek Magazine 1/20 issue

Has anybody seen the latest edition of Newsweek (dated 1/20, I think.)

It's got a great article about the USDA "Food Pyramid" and how it's not all that great for you, even if you follow it exactly. It also has a proposed redesign of the pyramid. All the experts interviewed agreed that the old pyramid wasn't great, but aren't in agreement on what should replace it.

The interesting thing about the proposed new one is that red meat, refined sugar, processed grains (white bread), white rice, and potatoes are all at the peak, in the 'use sparingly' category.

It also has a little summary of some of the most popular diet plans as well as the pros and cons of each one.

Additionally it touches on exercise and what's best about that, etc, etc. It's definitely worth checking out. I don't know if the entire article is on their website or not.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:25 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I went to the newsweek website and found at least one article of what you were referring to.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/857556.asp?0dm=-11CK

Good info
Old 01-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, I bought this & read it thoroughly. It's interesting how the pyramid changes every 5 years.
Closed Thread