3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/237102-working-onederland-299s-200s.html)

OnMyWayDown 07-25-2011 05:53 PM

Hi all....not much time for personals as today was crazy! Made it through bowling without any snacks! Actually made it through yesterday with very little calories at all.
Hope everyone is doing well and be back with more tomorrow. Have to get off the computer so I can do my workout....
Have a great one!!!!

MrsTee 07-25-2011 07:26 PM

Morning all!

What shall we do when OMWD hit the 270s?????????? Well well - a great result and getting very close now - and I am hot on her tail!!!!!!!
BUT do we kick her out or change our name again? "270s through to 290s" does that have a nice ring?

Lovely 07-26-2011 04:29 AM

Happy ***-crack of Dawn everyone

I'll need some strength today.

Even though I'm tired, I was woken up by snoring -- not that I'm going to name names... ((*cough* Husband *cough*))... and after, I kid you not, two hours of tossing and turning next to a human lawnmower, I just said "TO **** WITH IT :mad:" and got up.

So here I am. Sipping some water, being generally grumpy and hoping with such a ****ty sleep that I'll be able to stay on plan and still get things done today.

*sigh* Hope isn't really worth much unless I actually plan my day accordingly, though. So immediately, I'm going to open my food tracker and plan every bite to make the decisions easier for when I get exhausted later on.

I'm sorry I'm so grump-tastic. I feel bad venting this on all you fine 3FCers. I'm going to try my hardest to make sure today goes according to plan.

EDIT - A little funny thing. Today is day 42 on my 99 Day Countdown. So... what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything? ;)

learningtoliveagain 07-26-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTee (Post 3955087)
Morning all!

What shall we do when OMWD hit the 270s?????????? Well well - a great result and getting very close now - and I am hot on her tail!!!!!!!
BUT do we kick her out or change our name again? "270s through to 290s" does that have a nice ring?

Hey MrsTee,
How about you call it... "Gettin' Out of the 200's All Together!"

Lovely 07-26-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain (Post 3955783)
Hey MrsTee,
How about you call it... "Gettin' Out of the 200's All Together!"

I have to admit... I'd really love to stay with all of you down through the whole 200s. <3

Sandi 07-26-2011 11:11 AM

Georgia - Mexican is the one place I still don't feel like I can go. The calories add up so quickly there and there is no way to measure anything (even eyeball measure!). So what kinds of foods have the soluble fiber verses the insoluable? I have been trying to keep my fiber around 25 grams, but it hasn't made me as regular as hoped. In fact, I seem better with less fiber.

Zinke - Let me know how you like the fitbit. I have a bodybugg, but I am selling it. I loved seeing the numbers, so it's cool, but I just don't like wearing it.

When you are ready, I encourage you to link to your blog. My blog can't be found by searching, but I link to it from here. 3FC gals are really the only people who need/would want to read my blog anyway. I also share it with a few select IRL friends. It really shows my journey. It is kinda cool, because people who haven't checked in on you in 9-12 months can get all caught up. And you'd be surprised how the comments really keep you going.

T - we have wraps - but not Tandoori ... Sometimes eating out just can't be helped. When I have to eat out, I try to always go somewhere that has all the calorie info online. But lately, I am starting to wonder how accurate that is.

Kiki- I weigh every day and just count what the scale says on Monday. I don't measure nearly enough. I really wish I had. I take pictures every 25 lbs lost. 1 lb away from new pictures!!!

OnMyWayDown - Good job on the bowling alley!!

Lovely - I hate it when hubby wakes me. Snoring isn't his issue...he acts out his dreams sometimes. He'll wake up all upset asking me if everyone is gone...

I lost .6 this week. Not really pleased with that. And I have seen a general slow down in my weight loss overall. My solution? Movement. I haven't really been moving this whole time. Some here and there, but nothing with any regularity. This week is crazy with Steve's party coming up, so the goal is simply movement. I walked 3/4 a mile yesterday and 1 mile today during my break at work. Next week I am on vacation, so I should be able to really get on the ball with exercise. I also noticed that I have not been paying enough attention to my fat %, so I am going to try and keep it more between 25-30 % (It's been 30-35%, sometimes even higher!).

geoblewis 07-26-2011 11:47 AM

Lovely! Yes! You're a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide!

I'm sharing a link with you. It's a video trailer of a new book coming out in October. You must see it! It addresses your recent problems with DH's sleep habits. It's funny!

I'm struggling with sleep too. I just can't seem to get to bed early enough. Spending so much time with my mother gets me very much behind schedule with work and I end up working well into the wee hours. Got to bed just after 1 a.m. last night and woke up at 7 a.m. this morning to get some laundry done and the house tidy before having to leave for class. I really hate how much my time with her seems to throw my whole life out of control.

But I didn't mean to talk about her! I meant to talk about the poo!

Okay, it seems that the key to more regular poo (and I'm still working on my personal research) is taking pre-biotics and pro-biotics. They help with creating the right flora in our digestive tracts.

Pro-biotics are the good bacteria we need in our tummies, like Lactobacillis and Bifidobacterium. They can get killed of when we take antibiotics. We can replace them by eating foods like fresh saurkraut or yogurt. There are also capsules with the good buggies in them.

The list of pro-biotic foods:
Yogurt and cheeses - especially the ones made of goat's milk, but avoid the yogurts with corn syrup and artifical ingredients
Kefir
Saurkraut
Dark chocolate
Microalgae
Miso soup
Pickles
Tempeh
Kimchi
Kombucha tea (but not if you have candida)

Pre-biotics are a form of indigestible fiber that keeps the good bacteria fed and flourishing. They come from carbohydrate sources like certain fruit and vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

It seems it's not so important to eat massive quatities of food with fiber in them as it is to eat food that has the ingredients to foster a good intestinal environment.

So here's a list of pre-biotic foods:
Artichokes
Bananas
Barley
Berries
Chicory
Dairy products
Flax
Garlic
Greens, such as dandelion greens, chard and kale
Honey
Leeks
Legumes
Onions
Wheat and whole grains, such as oatmeal

So, all this info is promising to me because I was eating a lot of food in an effort to get my fiber numbers up, but I just wasn't seeing the bathroom-benefit from the added fiber. Plus, I just kept eating massive quatities of veggies and getting really full, so when I'm trying to cut back on how much I'm eating, this wasn't helping! If I get my good pre-biotic fiber (only need about 8 gms of it) and servings of pro-biotic, I can eat less and let my stomach dial back it's "needs".

So, I'll let you know how that progress goes. That's enough sciency stuff for today. I gotta get laundry done!

OnMyWayDown 07-26-2011 02:46 PM

MrsTee- Thank you for bringing this up. I feel like this keeps happening to me. I keep getting to another 10lb mark and by the time I get there everyone has moved down one. When I hit the 290's everyone was in the 300's and 280's than the 280's moved and I was alone so we combined these two into one thread and now the 270's is quite. So I am totally up for suggestions. It seems like we just got a good membership here though.

Lovely- Sorry your husband kept you up with his snoring. Its usually the other way around here. LOL. First of all venting is what we are here for! Secondly congrats on opening your food tracker and getting right to it. I know you can stick to it. We are all here for you. I would love to follow down the 200 path with you guys.

learningtoliveagain-
I like your idea.... I think it might be better with maybe "Getting into the bottom half of the 2's. Creativity isn't my strong suit but I still feel like there is something exciting about moving into a new thread before 100lbs.

Sandi- .6 down is way better than anything up. This is gonna be your week. Especially with more movement and lowering your fat %. Mexican kills me too.

Georgia- Really interesting stuff. I am gonna start trying some of these things to see how it goes. I am only 28 and with my diet I seem to have some problems even with all the fiber and veggies I eat. I take benefiber right now which seems to solve it but I would much prefer to do it naturally.

Well ladies today was good. I am kinda tired but still plugging away. Last night my husband found out that his grandfather had to be put into a assisted living home due to his alzheimer's so we were up late talking about it. Been a crazy week but I am determined to be comfortably in the 270's this week. Hope everyone is having a great one. :)

Wyllowbelle 07-26-2011 05:08 PM

I know I'm new, but I'd love to add my two cents. It's really hard bopping from thread to thread as you drop weight. I just started and I had a great drop in weight this week (I hear that happens when you first start up) so that would kick me off this thread. And I just said hello and started to learn a little bit about people.

I'd love it if it were like 200 - 250 and 250 - 300 or something. Because, frankly, I'd like to get to know you all better before you're leaving or I'm leaving for a new thread!!

Also, I just relocated to AZ. My partner is trying to get through school and we ran out of funds. So I'm here with my daughters at my folk's while he goes back to Portland to finish his last 6 months before he graduates and moves into his PHD (hopefully in Tucson, should he get in. Which he will. Because he's Brilliant), and I'm left here with my parents and my two daughters trying to start up my business and make that Viable. (I teach Music Together). SO...

Currently, I have an amazing amount of time on my hands.

It is motivation to walk the 2.5 mile loop that I found because I HAVE to get out of this house (we sold our car even!!!) for sanity and I have to do it early because, well, it's 9000 degrees by 10 am here. So, adding walking to my workout has helped me kick it into high gear - but I know, come fall, my schedule will start back and I'm not going to have so much time to devote to myself and building my habits. 'Tis why I'm trying to establish it all now.

Anyway... what I'm saying is, I'd like to find my thread/niche/group and hang out for awhile. Especially since my Best Friend and Partner is LEAVING me at my MOTHER'S House for 6 months. He leaves September 20th. I don't want to cave back into emotional eating or giving up my wonderful habits. What I really want is to pick him up at the Airport and knock him for a loop with how healthy sexy I've gotten in his absence. (I do get to see him for 3 weeks at Christmas, too).

OK. Wow. That all came out. I blame Yoga. Too much heart chakra opening up - or whatever.

Keep on Keepin on!

-Kiki

MrsTee 07-26-2011 09:33 PM

Ok thinking caps on ladies - names for our new thread -

"Working towards 250" - not very exciting....
" less than 300 more than 250" sounds like a maths problem.
"From here to 200" - hmmmmm

Clearly I am not creative - come on all you bloggers and writers.

Wyllow - hang about with us, we are are great group - even if we say so ourselves....and yes although your chi is misaligned or something.... we can help get you looking tip top before he comes back.
Sometimes I wish my hubbie would go away for six months, OUCH UNKIND I hear you say - BUT its so I could surprise him with weight loss, not because I want him to go away...he doesn't really notice any changes living with me all the time, if I mention it, he says "oh yes!" in that "no not really" tone men have....

Oh yes - the answer to life universe and everything is 42 surely EVERYONE knows that......

Lovely I have a snorer in my bed too, is appalling the racket he makes some nights...

Sandi - I am the same -not a great excerciser - but will be making a concerted effort shortly when my coaching season is over, and the days lengthen a bit again..

Weigh in tomorrow - had a big loss last week, so a little loss this week would be good....

zinkemomx2 07-26-2011 09:55 PM

Just a quick check in while on vacation. Food is not the greatest with all the restaurants and what not. I've been making an effort to eat at least some salad and I'm trying to leave food on my plate when we leave. This is a biggee for me as I've always been a plate cleaner. The good news is we are getting lots of walking :)

So far I'm enjoying seeing those numbers add up on the fitbit. I really like that I don't have to pay for the website which is what turned me off of bodybugg.

Off to enjoy (feel tortured by) more family time. Stay strong ladies.

Lovely 07-26-2011 10:50 PM

I was actually thinking "The 99's: From 299 to 199" or somewhere in between! :lol:

Anywho, I'm about to head to bed. I ended up feeling a little digestively ill this evening for whatever reason :dunno: so I'm just going to lay down on my bed and rest.

Regardless, I feel a little less moody than I was this morning :o

Lovely 07-27-2011 07:54 AM

Good morning everyone! :D

*cracks knuckles* It's a "do stuff" day.

Sandi - Congratulations on adding in more movement! :yes: It's a great thing!

Georgia - :rofl: Thanks for sharing that link! I definitely had a good laugh! About the tummy troubles, I've personally taken to eating more yogurt that have live active cultures in them. Recently, though, I think I've been eating more fruit than veggies so I need to switch that percentage around. Fruits aren't bad, of course, but I want more veggies more often.

OMWD - One of the reasons I'd love to see a combined thread for all of us working from the 300's down to the 100's is that I love seeing the long term progress of everyone! And since all people lose differently I want to be able to keep up with you guys! Even if I don't "keep up" in a scale sense. It's a little motivational boost to see you getting down to the 270's when I'm up here, because I think to myself "I can get down, there, too!!!"

Kiki - :lol: No worries! I like people who say what they want and want what they mean. I know that I'm not going anyplace, personally. The last time I was on 3FC I really had a good experience with weight loss. I'm not going away anymore. Lesson. Learned! :yes:

MrsT - Good luck with Weigh-in!!! And I know what you mean... it'd be nice to be able to surprise someone with weight loss.

Zinke - Sending you strong vibes to resist bad choices :goodvibes

I actually slept well last night, so I'm in an actually fine mood. I've got my breakfast and water, then I believe I'll be doing a couple of loads of laundry. It shall be a good day! :)

Sandi 07-27-2011 10:21 AM

What if we called this thread "looking for Onederland...200 to 299"?

Managed to walk during my break yesterday and will do the same again today. It's just a mile, but it's a mile more than I normally do! Tired. Stayed up late getting the Photo Video together for the party. I have 3-4 outfit options, so I need to pick something. It was nice trying on clothes and having things actually fit and choosing based what I liked.

In an effort to reduce my fat %, I had to attack my breakfast. Usually I have 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter on 1 slice of bread when I get to work between 8-8:30. WAY too much fat. So this morning I toasted a healthy living english muffin, spread it with 1 triangle laughing cow cheese and microwaved 2 egg whites. Wrapped it in foil (no time at home) and ate it on the way top work. Less calories, less fat and it was soooo good. And I ate it around 7:15 in the car, so I got my metabolism going early. I packed a between breakfast and lunch snack fearing that I would get hungry because I ate so early, but so far, I am still FULL!! :carrot:

Today marks 150 days that I have stayed under 1800 calories. :D

Lovely 07-27-2011 11:27 AM

I like that "Looking for Onederland" :yes: I might make it "Looking for Onederland - 299 to 200 (or 199)" (This way around makes me feel like I'm losing into 199 and not gaining to 299! But, that might just be a personal visual thing.)

And I forgot that Sandi, you are a mod, so we wouldn't even have to switch threads, we could just switch the name to fit how we'd like to stay together, and then ...continue forward! :D

AND CONGRATULATIONS SANDI ON 150 DAYS WOWZER! :celebrate: