3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #91
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Gosh, I check out for a couple days and it sure got crowded in here!

Yeah Zinke, Angela and Lovely!!! Hugs all around! Congrats from breaking the bonds with that 3! I am so proud of you!

Hello, ladies. I was in a terrible funk for a few days. Sucked into non-existent dramas at mother's house and I finally wised up. The stress led me to a couple days of overeating, especially carbs. I put on 10 lbs in two days! And there is no way I ate 35000 calories in that time. So it's water. Anyways, in the two days since, I've dropped 7 lbs, which puts me back at 300 lbs. Hoping to be under that very soon.

It's nice to be here with everyone. Zinke, nice to meet you. We have some things in common. My middle name is Billie. I've not been diagnosed with it (because my doctor won't entertain this since I've had two kids and I'm now 50) but I have all the markers for PCOS. I'm a type 2 diabetic. And I'm struggling with the idea of being thinner as well. We'll have lots to chat about!

Okay, I need to sleep, because in 8 hours, I get to go to the bathroom and shed more water! It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #92
Made of Starstuff

CheekyChicky - Don't beat yourself up if you're only able to pop in and give an update every once in a while. We're all just here chugging along at our own pace. Here... if you need a kick in the bum Keep doing that exercise! It's great for your body.

MrsT - That is FANTASTIC, and I totally agree. Three months ago I was schlumpy... I don't know if that's even a word, but it's how I felt. Sluggish, bloated all the time, tired and just "blah". Now my jeans fit without me needing a pair of pliers to tug up the zipper!

Georgia - I'm so glad you were able to catch it and put yourself back in control! Those extra water weight pounds will be off in no time!

Woke up early this morning myself. Made an awesome breakfast. Egg whites, canola oil, onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms and turkey bacon, and a banana. I got in just about my full servings of fruit & veg just from breakfast! This breakfast takes the most "effort" to make, but it winds up being the fewest Points and it's very satisfying so I try to whip it up at least once a week.

Having a good start to a good day. Don't know that I'm "planning" much to do... but I'm sure I can find some chores to keep me busy and moving
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #93

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Well it appears that I am really my own worst enemy at times. I think I have finally decided that I have to stop sabotaging myself. So here I am back and ready to go.

Glad everyone else is doing well.

Restarted Journey 01/10/2012
Mini Goal: Under 300 again.... Achieved 01/26/2012
Mini Goal: Less than my lowest last time 271.5
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #94
Moderator - 100lb club

Height: 5'6

Hello!!!

After moving into the two's...I believe this is where I belong!!

Things are going along pretty smoothly. I have been baking cut-out sugar cookies every night for my husband's 40th birthday party coming up and filling M&M party favors, so my goal for the next 2 weeks is to just stay out of all that stuff. Pretty much as long as I don't get started, I am good to go!

The Secret is: CONSISTENCY
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #95
Made of Starstuff

OMWD - Boy do I know that feeling... being my own worst enemy sometimes!

Sandi - YAY! I was elated to see your post that you crossed into the 2's, and I'm glad to have you with us
Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #96

Sandi- So glad to have you here with us. I am the same way if I don't get started I can breeze through it but once I start with even the teeniest bit its all downhill from there. I know you can do it.

Lovely- Thanks for the hug. Think I really needed it today.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #97

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Good afternoon everyone. I'm thinking I might have finally learned a lesson. I took the kids to go see Cars2 yesterday. In typical mom fashion I finished the remainder of the kids popcorn. It was a very stupid move on my part as the last 2 times I had eaten theater popcorn it made me ill. Yesterday was no exception. I felt sick the rest of the night. Hopefully the third time is the charm and that next time I remember to smuggle in my own little bag from home.

I ordered a FitBit the other night. It should be here in the next few days. I'm hoping see some numbers will encourage my competitive streak to at least start moving more. I need to remember that I don't have to run marathons and move mountains at first. I just need to move MORE.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #98

Morning all ! A quick hello - busy working day for me today!

Sandi THIS is most definitely where you belong - no more 3 numbers for you!

Great to see a crowd in our thread - we can all move along down the 2 numbers together - good to have the comapny.

Georgia well done girl on getting control before too much damage is done- don't you just l-o-v-e water weight how can we hold so much????? Secret camel genes obviously!!!

Have a good one today ladies - and think of the rewards that award us for our healthy choices!!

Oh and Lovely - Schlumpy is my new favourite word!!!!! No Schlumpiness for us - EVER AGAIN!!!!!

Christmas goal - 110 kilos Reached 19.12.2011
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #99
Renaissance Woman

Schlumpy is a good word, T. Been there, done that, wore the schlumpy t-shirt too!

Sandi, welcome to our group! I just read your blog. Wow! You've come a long way baby! You're inspiring, so I added your blog link to my favorites on my blog. Your blog title really says it all.

I finished my first meal of the day about 15 minutes ago (I do intermittent fasting with a Paleolithic diet twist). I'm really trying to wait until I'm genuinely hungry before I eat, and then I thought I'd try to eat in smaller increments so I can better gauge when I'm finding satiety. That's a real rough one for me! I just had 550 calories and I'm trying to wait 30-60 minutes before I eat something else. It seems to take a full hour before food affects my blood sugar. I ate a balance of protein, healthy fat and carbs (from veggies), had some fiber too. And now I'm waiting to see who's tougher, my appetite or my focus.

I've been reading IF stuff from other women who are doing it too. They seem to be able to eat so much less than me! Really, I could kill for a simple little pb&j right now, but that's almost 400 calories with a single slice of bread, and I'd need a glass of milk after that. Calories add up so quickly.

I bought a package of roasted sushi nori to snack on. Each sheet is 10 calories. Hope snacking on that will help me as I attempt to reduce calorie levels.

Okay, I just broke into the roasted sushi nori. It would taste so much better if it were wrapped around a wad of sticky rice, a piece of salmon and avocado, and had some wasabi and pickled ginger to go with it! Again, many people seem to be able to cut calories more easily than I can!

!
Hmm, then there's the 'repeater factor'. I'm burping seaweed! So, it's been an hour and the anxiety-driven hunger has passed. Waiting for real hunger before I can eat dinner.

Last edited by geoblewis : 07-20-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:37 AM   #100
Renaissance Woman

I'm about to go to bed. So glad I didn't eat extra food while waiting for my first meal to digest and hit the blood stream. Because we went out to dinner to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I ate well and left food on the plate. Kept calories in the range I was shooting for.

And I had a beer!

Zinke, what is a FitBit?

Good night, sweet ladies...and T, hope you're having a lovely day!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #101
Made of Starstuff

Good Mooooorning, everyone!

Zinke - Totally agree about moving more. If I hadn't started small, I wouldn't have started at all.

MrsT - Hope you had a good day!

Georgia - Nicely done on eating well at the restaurant! That is a tough thing to do. I laughed when you mentioned the seaweed repeat I tried out some seaweed snack sheets from Trader Joe's. They weren't half bad, but I did kind of miss the idea of the rice with them, too!

I am just eating breakfast before getting a move on. Today is another hot day, so I'm staying indoors, and just going to continue to do house things to keep busy and active.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #102

Sorry - seaweed is for wrapping sushi or floating about at the seaside - I am not yet desperate enough to just eat seaweed!!!!! Georgie you are a strong woman to eat SEAWEED and be happy about it...
I also wondered about fitbit- sounds ummmm - I don't really know?

Had a good day - but do fancy a bit of chocolate ( I love chocolate and do have some little snack size ones abut and I can have just one) so i'm going to bed instead. Don't think I'll give in tonight.

Christmas goal - 110 kilos Reached 19.12.2011
Old 07-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #103

zink- That was the hardest lesson for me. Not having the great snacks at the movies. My husband and I love going to the movies and now I just pack a 1" square of dark chocolate and a small pack of nuts and we are set. Awesome that you caught it.

Georgia- I agree with Mrs.Tee seaweed is for the fishes. Have you tried lettuce wraps? They are my savor! Half piece of Reduced fat or fat free cheese small piece of protein any will do and set it on a romaine leaf and wrap up like you were using a tortilla. Low calories....Extra yummie.....Congrats on the control. You are a powerful woman....

MrsTee- Huge applause for going to bed and avoiding the chocolate. Not my strongest thing. I totally agree with the secret camel genes. No idea how we lose and gain so much water.

Lovely- Not sure where you are at but it is always hot here in the keys just summer is super hot. LOL

Well I think I have finally broken the cycle. This morning the scale is being nice and I am nearing last weeks low. Just think if I hadn't fallen off the wagon where I would be. Oh well that's in the past so now we shall concentrate on the future....

Long day today. Have to drive like 6 hours but packed POP food and a ton of water so should be succesful!

Everyone have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!

Last edited by OnMyWayDown : 07-21-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #104
Renaissance Woman

OMWD, I've had lettuce wraps for dinner, but I never thought to make them as a snack. What an excellent idea! Now my mind is racing with ideas. I get lettuces from my CSA every week and plain old salads, while I don't seem to tire of eating them, were getting tedious to make every day. This afternoon I might cook up some chicken breasts with Thai spices to have ready for a little lettuce roll up. In fact, that might make an excellent item to send with my son for school lunches!

T, for a moment, the idea of chocolate wrapped in seaweed drifted across my brain...the chocolate would definitely be doing the seaweed a favor, but I'm not sure the reverse would be true.

I have snapped back to my old cheerful self this morning. I feel good again. Let's see how long I car ride this wave!

Wishing you all a gorgeous day, and T, sleep well and dream a chocolatey dream.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #105

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Fitbithttp://www.fitbit.com/ is like a scaled down BodyBugg. Some people also compare it to a really glorified pedometer. I'm hoping seeing the charts online combined with the cost factor (I really don't like to waste money so therefore I have to use it to it's full ability) will encourage me to move more.

I've started blogging again and I'm hoping that by putting stuff out for the world to see will help. In the past I've always kept it private so I'm not advertising or linking my blog to me in anyway as I really do want to keep it anonymous. But just maybe knowing that someone could come along and find it will give me some extra incentive as well. Maybe someday I will be ready to share it or post links.

I had somewhat of a rough weekend food wise with some small binges. Nothing major but they still took their toll on the scale. Hopefully this morning was the start of a long term downward trend.

Stay cool everyone
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.