Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 310/295/165

Height: 5'5

*Popping in* Hi folks!
Sorry that I dropped off in the other thread. I'm not good at keeping up with posting. I never really have anything worthwhile to say... This is why I couldn't blog.

So I got lazy for a bit in June, and my scale shot up and I went back up to 301. Even though I was exercising, I wasn't eating quite right. The kitchen has been under construction and I gave in to just getting something fast instead of cooking several times. I decided to buckle down.

I've been good with my food, exercising in a group 3x per week, training and doing belly dance for fun. I'm also losing inches like crazy. I bought a belt a few weeks ago. It has 5 notches. I started out tightly in the center notch--two holes on either side. I went up one and once I got serious, I got back to the center. Before I knew it, I had to tighten another notch, and another notch. Last night I found that the belt slid clean off of my hips while on the smallest notch. Now I have to wait for dad to drill new holes in my belt (Cheeky is a cheapskate who will not be purchasing a new belt).

As of this morning, I am 295. Now, 6lbs to go and I'm burnin' my way into the 280s!!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #32  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Cheeky! Good to see you Glad you're back in the swing of things and down below 300!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #33  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

@Cheeky, happy to see you here! I've been off my plan over the weekend and made sure to not weigh in. Avoiding the scale till Friday, because I'm back OP and don't want to see the 300s again.

Awesome job with the belt story! How rewarding!

I woke up in a crabby mood this morning. So much to do, so many people trying to hijack my day! The last time I was feeling this crabby was when I was living in Indonesia. I used to say I was so crabby because I woke up on the wrong side of the planet. Well, it looks like I can get crabby over here too!

I'm feeling rather, mmmm....stopped up. Been eating all my good vegetable fiber, 25 to 30 g a day. Been drinking all my water. But still experiencing a bit of constipation. I have noticed that when I eat less food overall, I'm not as "regular". I drank some of the Super Dieter's Tea, but it didn't do anything after the first time I drank it. And I ate some of those Miracle Noodles. The first time I ate those, several weeks ago, they passed right through me. But this time, nothing. And usually, when TOM comes around, I get cleaned out. Again, this time, not so much.

I'm going to blame it all on hot weather. Not a lover of summer!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #34  

Morning all!

I get the same Georgia - I need a mild laxative twice a week to "keep things moving along"...

This morning am 131.5 - which is 289.something!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #35  
Renaissance Woman

I haven't gone to bed yet. Very tired, but too wound up to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day to stay on track, I think.

I'm feeling lonely and tired of the struggle tonight. I feel so middle-aged, rudderless, like my life is not my own and I can't do a thing about it. I'm struggling with old depression issues. I'm one of those people who get the SAD like people do in the winter, but I get it in the summer with too much sunlight. Or maybe it's the heat. I don't know. I feel like I've been let down, and I can't work my way through it tonight. And I don't like feeling like this!

Ok, will try to sleep. The temps are supposed to drop tomorrow. Hope that helps.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #36  

Georgia - don't let the tide of life push you back!! You've just accomplished something great - under 300! Fight to stay there! I know you know all the tricks to stay POP - we've all done it before - so I won't insult you by reiterating them, but you are so proud of yourself for getting to 2 something - don't loose that feeling?

Also- how old are you? Done the big M yet? I felt like this last year- almost all of last year - but M is over now for me and I feel heaps better!!! Ready to tackle my weight issues again...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #37  
Renaissance Woman

Mrs. T, thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm dealing with menopausal issues, but the other M-word involved in my current stress is my mother. I don't know how things will resolve themselves around her issues. I'm trying really hard to keep weight and food issues separate from her in my mind. Someone told me yesterday, "That which does not kill you makes your a$$ grow bigger." I am out to prove her wrong!

Today was another sucky day for me, and things won't get better for at least a month. But I am still proud that I'm hanging on to the 290s!

Bedtime! Hope you have a lovely day on your side of the planet!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #38  
Made of Starstuff

Popping in! Georgia, just wanted to give you an e-hug

MrsT -
Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Cheeky- I can't say I really have anything to say either but I pretty much just tell how my day is going and how I am feeling at the moment. During this journey of weight loss my mood seems to change like the wind.

Georgia- YOU are so not the only one that has problems with being stopped up. ( I use benefiber daily and it is a lifesaver when dieting ) Sorry that your M problem is being so difficult. I too have an M (mother) problem. I feel your pain. We can do this together though I promise. I agree with Mrs. staying out of the 3's is top priority.

MrsTee- Congrats on the SV!!!! You were right one slip up (or in this case days of slipping up) and you are in the lead.

Lovely- Are you over the hump yet?

Well it seems that I let the world get the best of me... It all started with one decision on Saturday night and everything went to **** after that. HOWEVER, I am back and ready as ever.... ( I THINK ) Thankfully the damage was not so bad from my bout with disaster. Glad to be back and hope that everyone else is doing well.

Last edited by OnMyWayDown; 07-08-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #40  
Made of Starstuff

OMWD - Glad you're back on track! Sometimes these things happen. The best we can do is catch it (like you have) and return to normal! I'm not quite over the hump, yet! It's been more of a maintaining week, but between 300 & 301. So I'm still close, and happy with my progress. Occasionally my body needs what I call a "readjustment week". It'll maintain or go up a little, and then the next week it's back down. It especially likes to happen after a few big losses in a row, which is what I've had the past month. So, I won't be surprised or disappointed if I have a mostly maintaining week this week. It just means I'm keeping off the weight I have lost, and next week will be even more splendid.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #41  

I have those readjustment weeks too - seems the body needs a bit of time to " catch up" with the scales?
ONWD - glad your back- just start pluggng away again - one POP hour one POP day etc etc etc etc.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #42  
Renaissance Woman

Thanks for the e-hugs girls! I've really needed them!

I stayed off the computer all day yesterday, but I still tracked calories, via my Droid. Went to Pilates after a long break and this morning I'm feeling the heads of my hamstring, glutes, biceps, triceps, traps and shoulder muscles. Not too bad, just enough to remind me that I worked out and it feels good!

Weighed in yesterday, 298.5. Oh dear lord! Will I ever get to experience one of those lovely big whooshes? Still, I'm happy to be moving in the right direction and not popping back up to the 3s.

What sort of weight loss rate keeps you girls excited? I think if I lost two pounds a week, I'd be so thrilled.

I'm off to the mother's house, again. Now she thinks the a/c is broken. Everyday...every darn day!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #43  

MrsTee-You are right. I usually have the hardest time with the first day and than I am so hesitant to go off plan because I worked so hard. So here I am plugging along again.

Georgia- Sorry to hear about your mom again. Does she live nearby? My mom lives within 6 miles and I swear she does the same thing. I think that they do it for an excuse to see us but who knows.

I would be super excited with 2lbs a week. Heck any lbs are better than no lbs.

Well today I decided to tidy up around the house so after the treadmill and my weights I opened all the doors and windows (which being that it is like 92 here) was a great opportunity to sweat my brains out. House is spic and span aired out and I am sooo on my way to the shower for a well deserved long hot soak.

Have a great evening ladies. I will try to check back in later before bed.

By the way I can't be the only one but since I am back up to 293.5 I refuse to change my ticker. Its wierd cuz when I lose a lb I am on top of that thing like a hawk. LOL
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #44  

Hi from cold and rainy Melbourne. Not cold like you guys know it, but cold for Australia!
I used to loose about a kilo a week - but this is the first time after the big M that I've started a diet - so I don't know how it will go one the initial woosh of water weight and flab is over, I am hoping that I stilll will loose about that....might be wishful thinking....
Old 07-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #45  

MrsTee- You weren't kidding! It is cold where you are at. Out of curiousity I looked up the temp where you are at. I live in the Florida Keys which is the sothernmost tip of the U.S. and we don't see 45 degrees F more than maybe once or twice every couple years. LOL.

Well time to start tooting my own horn for a quick moment!!!!!! I am back!!!!!!!!
Weighed in this morning at 288.5!

Just finished my workouts and I am off to the outside to work on plants this morning and than relax with my husband for the afternoon. Hope everyone else is enjoying their days

Last edited by OnMyWayDown; 07-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread