Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

So I was going to post all the reasons why my 4 day weekend turned into two weeks but you know what? That was yesterday and this is today so....
I have downgraded my chick to 35 from 40 and readjusted my ticker up to 286.5 and here we go. There are 30 days exactly left till vacation and even though my husband and I are on a fairly strict diet plan SBD Phase 1. We have decided that 30 days OP is an obtainable goal. Granted it will be hard but it will also be worth it. So NO EXCUSES, NO GUILT, NO I WISH I HAD OF..., Just today is DAY 1 and I am gonna make it to day 30.

So that said.....Tons of new faces since I was last here almost two weeks ago. Awesome.

Hope everyone has a good day and LETS MAKE THE REST OF THIS MONTH COUNT!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #242  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

OMWD! And everyone! Such good posts! Everyone's making good plans for staying on track. It's very encouraging to read. Thanks for sharing it all.

I slept well last night, the first time in over a week. This morning I feel bright and alert. I have to spend the day working, since my brain seems to be ready to do it. The good part about getting absorbed with work, I forget about food!

So off I go. Have a great day and wishing you success with all your plans!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #243  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Good Job, Girls. Your motivation is comforting AND amazing.

Thank You!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #244  
Made of Starstuff

Hi everyone! I'm on my way to the kitchen to start up dinner, but I wanted to give a and a

*spreads lots of everywhere*

PS - OMWD - Glad to see you back! Awesome job making a commitment to 30 days. You can do it
Old 08-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #245  
Forty IS Fabulous!!

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

new here...at this point Onederland seems like a fairytale. I haven't been under 200 lbs since my first daughter was born in 1995! I am glad to have found this thread :-)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 290/290/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well. Tough day here. I found out that I have a sinus infection and that is what was causing the pain in my jaw that woke me up in the middle of the night and kept me up.

I have had a headache all day, am SOOOO tired, and can barely eat because it hurts to chew.

On the bright side, maybe I will lose some weight. I feel like I have not lost any weight this week. I have to change the current weight on here too. I know I haven't gained since I have been good with the food, but have been having lot's of "bathroom" problems if you know what I mean. I have gone maybe 3 times in the last 8 days. I bought some stuff today so help that, so I hope that does the trick. I am sure the scale is reflecting that. It does not show a gain, but just a very small loss. The first two weeks of South Beach are usually the weeks when you lose the most. I am going to change my weight on here until this problem is resolved.

Sorry I am not up to writing much more today (head pounding), but just wanted to check in and see how you guys were doing.

Have a great night.

Mishi
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #247  

Hi all!!!!

Agreed there is a lot of great work going on herre!!!!

OMWD- good to see you girl!! And two weeks - BAH that's nothing, we put on weight over years...

BUT ! Having said that our personal race just heated up with a lead change, girl - get your skates on and catch me if you can - I've been trailing you all these weeks now YOU need to do the catching!! Will keep me on the straight and narrow knowing you are chasing my substantial tail.

Just so you all know - OMWD and I started about the same time and have both blasted our way down from the 320s and I am now in the lead at 278 but this is the Marathon not the 100 metres - so many more hills, and bumps and drink stations to contend with yet! Finish line ONederland!
Mari - it's doable - just one day at a time.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #248  
thinks she can

S/C/G: 321/266.1/170

Height: 5'9"

I lost 7lbs in 2 weeks!! Wooooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

It's been two weeks since I last weighed myself and I was beginning to feel a bit deflated. Rather than try and suck it up and live with it until the end of the month (when I had planned on weighing myself), I decided to go and weigh myself early and see if that would motivate me. It worked!

Wooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I love visiting in here because of all the great friendships I see.

Martini - I could never wait a month to weigh in. I agree that seeing the numbers go down is a great motivator.

OMWD and MrsTee - what a great healthy race you're having. I love the challenge you give each other - and support, too.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and weekend.

Lin
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #250  
Renaissance Woman

Mishi, I'm so sorry you're suffering so. I hate those sorts of infections. Hope you're feeling better today.

Martini, no kidding! You sure were deflated! So happy for you! My struggle with dependance on the scale continues. I had my son hide it from me, but then paid him money to give it back to me this morning!

OMWD, Mrs. T - I love your competition too! Cheering you both on. Shall we make t-shirts?

Mariposa, glad you can join us. I haven't been in Onderland since the 80s! But I'm happy to report I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight from 20 years ago. Just set the bar much higher from the beginning!

Lovely, Wyllow, Zinke, Shaylin, Slim and our personal forum stalker, LinJber (Just teasing! Glad you're checking in on us and are so encouraging!)...hope you're all doing well.

I've been trying to do some spiritual fasting, but have found failure in my poor planning of it all. Forgot to cut back on coffee before the fast! I had been drinking a lot since I hadn't been getting good sleep, but then noticed that my hands started experiencing a lot more arthritic pain. So doing a detox with this fast (day 6 now), the pain is greatly diminished but oh the headaches! Feeling a little better today. I decided to drink coffee for a few more days, but have gone to the weaning-method to manage this better.

And by fasting I don't mean not eating. I have switched to mostly veggies and fruit for awhile, and I only eat them in the evening. And in the morning, a couple poached eggs on greens and a little steel-cut oats. I just want to push myself to lose another 20 lbs by Christmas.

This weight loss seems to be a definite stair-stepping trend for me. Drop 10 to 20lbs pretty quickly, then plateau within a five-pound range for several months, or even a year. I think it's because I'm way too inconsistent with my efforts. My life is just too full to dedicate myself to the whole plan, so I do what I can. I'm consistent with certain aspects of diet (avoiding the foods that cause me problems) and exercise (Pilates!). I think that's what's helping me with my mini-maintenance phases (I have renamed my plateaus).

Check out my blog link below. I just posted pictures of my home gym, also known as the garage and backyard. The only thing I don't have in there is a big screen TV and DVD player, a juice bar and a couple of well-muscled men for motivation/intimidation. Maybe I'll get some posters for the walls.

Going to a swim party tonight. Salad bar dinner. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #251  
thinks she can

Georgia - What is spiritual fasting? I've been vaguely interested for a while in deepening my spirituality through a fast, but haven't looked into it any more closely than skimming a few books. Did you read anything in particular to guide you with that?

And I love the new home gym. I'm particularly impressed by the pain relief!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #252  

Afternoon all -

Georgia love the home gym set up - I'm so impressed with the amount of excerise you crank through! 55 lb loss is very impressive not matter how long it takes/has taken. Spritual fasting sounds very zen.............

Hi everyone else! How is the weekend going for you all - hope Mishi you are feeling better, Lin nice to see you - I run across your posts all over - you are a woman for all seasons!
Lovely thanks for the extra sprinkle of will power - it's been handy this week!
Martini I weigh every morning -yes its an addiction - but I find it works for me - and although my mood can be very much linked to my weight which is not good - I tell myself to not get too focussed on the morning weight and I only record once a week. I find once a week WI tends to lead to ordinary behaviour for a few days and crash dieting for weigh in. Daft I know, its only for me, I don't go to a club or doctor - but that's the mind set of a perrenial dieter....

I had a bit of NSV this morning, I wore a paid of jeans I have not fitted into for 7 years, and although they were tight around the girth, I could actually breathe and sit! So that's a big positive.

I have decided to throw out EVERYTHIJNG as I grow down from it. Even clothes I like I am binning.
If I put on weight I will have to go naked - is this madness, confidence or an incentive????????
Lord knows I'm pretty sure others will think the thought of me wobbly and naked is enough to make everyone else hide all the food in the country!!!

What's everyone else doing? I am lucky in that I have a whole WARDROBE of clothes to shrink into - so don't think I'm out shopping up the town - I've bought a couple of new bits but mostly its clothes I've owned for years getting to see the light of day again...
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 AM   #253  
Renaissance Woman

Spiritual fasting...for me, it's about working on emotional issues that keep coming up in my life. When I'm eating, and especially over-eating, the emotions get stuffed. But when I start to fast, I get cranky about issues that I probably don't tend to try to work on, because I'm being cowardly, avoiding conflict, not standing up for myself.

Sometimes, the fasting is not about not eating. Sometimes its about not participating in a behavior that I use to check out of real life, like being on the computer for hours and not actually working, watching TV, etc.

When I fast and the toxins start coming out of my system, I feel pretty crappy. But eventually, I start to feel rejuvinated, alert and healthy again. Whateve was weighing me down, making me feel sluggish, that was keeping me from living a vibrant, meaningful life.

Martini, it helps that I live in California wine country and I belong to a couple wine clubs (joined in the middle of tasting wine and now I regret it, but only a little) so the bottles are starting to pile up! But I get such good discounts on really good wine and I forget that I'm already topped up. I don't even drink more than a glass or two a week. I am WAY behind schedule!

I went to a swim party tonight, actually wore a bathing suit in front of other people, and I survived! Now I'm so tired! Why do I get so tired after swimming?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #254  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

So I'm back from vacation. I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to weigh to make an accurate comparison but I just couldn't help myself. Todays eating window is 10-6. So far today I had a huge breakfast, 5 cups of coffee, a bottle of water and a naughty snack. The week before vacay, I was weighing 206-207 in the morning and 209-211 at night. Right now (night weight) I'm at 207.6! I hope I really did lose at least 2 lbs while on vacation...that would be awesome! Guess I'll see in the morn...

I do realize that I'm just starting with IF + low carb and will have to tweak that new way of eating to work best for me. I'm going from total carbaholic to low carb eating! I'm also trying to work up to the Fast 5 way of IF'ing.

Lot's of work to do!

Have a good evening, everyone!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-13-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #255  
thinks she can

Shalyn - Congratulations on the (potential) vacation weight loss! That's really great!

Georgia - Hurrah for wearing a bathing suit in front of other people! Hurrah for wine of the month clubs!

Your idea of spiritual fasting sounds a lot like mine - putting food aside as a way of becoming more in tune with myself and the world around me. Surprisingly enough, though, counting calories and then not thinking too much about the diet is having the same sort of impact.

Mrs Tee - Go naked. I'll celebrate it, you'll celebrate it, and that will be more than enough people in the world to justify saying "bah!" to any naysayers. And then when you're done with being naked and you're sick of your fabulousness being on display, start wearing those jeans you haven't worn for 7 years!

(Just let us know before you decide to go naked so we can keep an eye on the news for a naked lady walking around Melbourne)
Closed Thread