Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 02:05 PM   #1  

Default hello and a ephedrine question

hi! i weigh in at 228 and my goal is 125. i was thinking of taking ephedrine to kick start my weight loss program. in my readings i have heard of as many tragedies as successes and wondered if anyone here has had experience(s) taking ephedrine, ephedra, Metabolife or Ma-huang?

Thank you!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:31 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Do not take it.

Ephedra can kill you w/absolutely no warning whatsoever. I would rather struggle to lose the weight the natural way than to put my friends & loved ones through that.

Not only can it kill you, but if you're looking to take a supplement to help you, take something all natural.

CLA is conjugated linoleic acid. It's a fatty acid naturally found in the milk from cows who still eat grass. But since most of us drink fat free milk, we don't get enough of it. It helps strenghten your muscles, helping them to burn fat more effectively. Sometimes it's called Tonalin CLA. You can purchase it @ health food stores or online.

The other supplement to look at is L-Carnitine. It does almost the same thing, I think. It's naturally found in meats, but you'd have to eat 11# of beef per day to get the amount you'd need to see weight loss happen.

And not even weight loss so much as your clothes fitting better, etc.

Also wanted to point out that there are no magic pills, but I've found these supplements to help as part of a healthy eating & exercise plan.

edited to add:

As far as personal experience, a woman I work with lost 40# on Metabolife & STILL TAKES IT EVERY DAY 3 YEARS LATER.

I was taking that Xenadrine stuff when it still had the ephedrine in it & al it did was make me not sleep & I had a constant state of yuck in the back of my throat--it seemed how they want it to work is, you're too nauseated to eat.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 12-19-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:44 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi!
Welcome to our group!
I have taken those before. I have taken it in Metabolife and also Xendarine. I cant take two at at time, they make me too jumpy and I feel my heart is racing. One did ok for me, I could go a a long while without eating while on them. The thing is feeling hunger is a natural thing and we need to learn how to deal with hunger. Eat smaller amounts and not stuff ourselves when hungry. Easier said than done I know!
Maybe if you want the jump start take something without the Ephedra. I know Xenadrine has one that is ephedra free. Take the smallest dose first for a few days to a week to see how you do. Dont start with two pills, it may be too much for you.
good luck on your weight loss journey!
laura
313/235/160
Old 12-21-2002, 11:36 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

ummmm. i'm not a fan of ephedrine. it helped with the weight loss, but it made my low to normal blood pressure hit the high notes!!!

not a good thing. and when i stopped taking it, with no change in eating, the weight came back
Old 01-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #5  

thank you so much for all your responses...

i think i am going to try the diet fuel slowly and see how it goes.

there have been some deaths concerning ephedra but after consulting with my doctor she told me it is people who overdose or who take the full dosage immediately that have problems.

i appreciate all your good advice. thanks again!
Closed Thread