40 Pounds Down - Entering Uncharted Territory

• I am officially 40 pounds down. I am very happy, yet nervous, as I was here briefly about a year ago before I put about 15 pounds back on. I do feel more focused and committed this time, which I know will help. This isn't a "diet" this is a lifestyle change. Where there marks along your journeys that were tougher than others to get by? I know it must sound silly for mine to be at 40 pounds down when I still have so much to lose to get back to being just plain "over-weight".

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Angie
  • Just hang in there and keep dieting. So many people here have lost over 100 pounds. You can do the same.

You can also join one of the challenges. They help keep you focused.
    Try the "100 Day Challenge".

I count my calories and keep track of what I eat on LoseIt.com , and I lose about a pound a week.
    (But that adds up to 50 pounds per year...Not bad!)!
    If you do the same, by this time next summer, you'll be down 90 pounds.

• I'm not there yet, but mine is getting back into the 2-teens. I have some vague recollection of being 216 even though I can't tell you when it actually was. I've gotten down into the low 220s a couple of times but never got it to stick.

So I know exactly how you feel when some number feels like a barrier for whatever reason.

I doubt I'll have the will power to do this but one thing I have considered is putting the scale away for a month when I get to that point - and then by the time I weigh in again, I would hopefully be far enough past the danger zone to be able to relax about it. But like I said, I don't think I could give up weighing in for that long!

So in general terms, just hang in there, doing what you are doing, because it's working! And keep making good choices one day at a time.
  • I feel ya, I had a number like that myself. but I'm crushing it, you will too!