Just Started Diet? Anyone Up for a Challenge?

• Hi, brand spanking new here. I started my diet a few weeks ago. Really started HARD yesterday . I am doing the old WW points vs the new Points Plus. I am doing it on my own with a diary. I have all the old books /point charts etc.

I am 52 yrs old and my joints are killing me. I use to be sooooooo active, walking /gym and riding bike. I use to weigh about 200lbs 7 yrs ago and now it's crept up and need to seriously work hard.

My first goal is 10% of original weight so I guess that would be 28 pounds..6 pounds down and counting.
  • hi Rheagan & welcome aboard the board! Good for you for getting going, those joints are going to thank you soon enough Hope to hear lots from you on the boards!
  • Thanks for the encouraging words ! Wow you sure have done well ! I am working one step at a time. Your before and after photo's sure are an inspiration.
  • I hear ya about the joints. A year ago I was 40 years old but felt 100...back, knees and hips were killing me. I feel like a teenager this year!
    Wishing you success on your journey...you can do it!
  • thanks! I'm such a faker in those workout clothes tho LOL I got them as a gift and have worn them twice I think. I'm more a comfy pants and loose shirt worker-outer! But those show off the goods more dramatically
  • Quote: Hi, brand spanking new here. I started my diet a few weeks ago. Really started HARD yesterday . I am doing the old WW points vs the new Points Plus. I am doing it on my own with a diary. I have all the old books /point charts etc.

I am 52 yrs old and my joints are killing me. I use to be sooooooo active, walking /gym and riding bike. I use to weigh about 200lbs 7 yrs ago and now it's crept up and need to seriously work hard.

My first goal is 10% of original weight so I guess that would be 28 pounds..6 pounds down and counting.
    Welcome Rheagan!

I'm 54, been doing online WW since 3/10, lost ~70+# and I am here to tell you it works if you give it time. Since I don't go to meetings either, 3FC is great for the camaraderie and accountability. Hope to see you around the boards!!
  • KatMarie: Thanks for the words of encouragement---my hips are killing me. It's my dream to lose this weight and not have to have hip or knee replacements.

Trazey34: You would never know by your "after" picture you ever were heavy. I hope I look half as good when I lose that much. I hope my skin has some flexibility left lol.

DixChix: Glad to see we can use the WW system without the formal weighing in. Love this website ! What a great job you have done !