3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......June 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/234647-accountability-menus-plans-exercise-stuff-june-2011-a.html)

patchworkpenguin 06-24-2011 01:22 PM

I'd like to join you. I'm stuck in a plateau or in my case more of a 'gain-teau'. I feel like I'm trying hard, and doing everything right but no results. I'm not really following a specific eating plan, but do try to watch portions, get enough fruits and veggies, and watch the sweets intake. I exercise about an hour a day, at home to workout DVDs. I have an elaborate rotation which boils down to cardio one day with weights the next, LOL; I prefer weights but have decided this week to try more cardio.

mj5 06-24-2011 03:52 PM

patchworkpenguin--Welcome!!! LOVE the profile pic, by the way!!! I have two beagles that we call the "sweet beagle sisters" LOL! Sounds like a good plan! I alternate cardio (zumba) and strength training. I love both. I watch what I eat. I am actually working w/ a trainer--online. He gives me nutritional advice and puts together my workouts.

patchworkpenguin 06-24-2011 06:03 PM

MJ, thanks for the welcome and the compliment! Hubby took that picture in our backyard this past spring. I decided to grow my hair out and its in the difficult between stage, so I have been wearing it in clips at the side. April <---- is my Sweet Puppy. She's a 9? yr old lab/shepherd mix, who is currently in recovery from an ACL surgery. We can only take her on short walks for her PT, and have to talk her outside in the back on a leash so she doesn't chase squirrels. I've heard a lot of good things about Zumba but haven't tried it.

patchworkpenguin 06-24-2011 10:47 PM

Fri 24
B= 2 c milk, vits
S= Banana choc protein shake
L= homemade chicken soup, slice homemade bread
S= peach
D= 4 slices homemade Mexican pizza {salsa, cheese, peppers/onion, black beans}
S= 2 Brownies, baked Ruffles.
E= 60min cardio {Firm: Super Cardio Mix}

butterflymama 06-25-2011 10:25 AM

Hello everyone,

Havn't posted in a few days, nneed to catch up on where everyone is at. Hope all is well with everyone.

ok so here is were I am

Tues calories 2036 - 236 over my goal of 1800 but not too bad considering we went to an amusement park and I burnt over 800 calories from walking around so much. Had a fantastic time and was able to fit into all of the rides :carrot: Which is one of my big fears about rides, not fitting and being embarrassed. Some I just fit so I don't think i would have 2 mons ago which was good feedback.

Wed Cal 1632 and also did day 6 of my 30 day shred. Also at my meeting that evening sat beside a box of timbits (doughnut holes) for 2 hours without even glancing in the box!

Thurs Cal 1806 (which included going to breakfast with my visiting mom and grandma. I haven't been out for breakfast in mons but managed it by asking for no potatoes they gave me veg instead and only eating 1 slice of toast) however missed my day 7 due to the visit and running out of time in the am and energy in the pm. Although I did carry my 40 lb 3.5 year old in my ring sling around the grocery store so that has to count as something ;)

Fri Got my day 7 of the 30 day shred done first thing in the morn :carrot: Now today was a splurge meal day and my son's pic nik at school. I usually try to still be reasonable on splurge meals but yesterday I went a bit crazy and ate a cupcake, cake pop and a chocolate dipped chocolate chip cookie at the pic nik. this set me up for binges and later on at home while my son and husband napped I ate for 2 hours (after eating a healthy late lunch) :( it was mostly healthy stuff but higher carb stuff. Then we went to the movies and I continued to eat a big hot dog, kids popcorn and kids sprite. Not too bad but all together my calories were 2907!!!! Plus really high in sodium.

This morning when I woke my fingers were puffy and I feel yucky and the scale is registering 2.6 lbs more then it did yesterday morning. I know it is not fat gained but most likely the food still in my system and a lot of fluid retention. I am trying to not feel too down but I hate the feeling of being out of body and control regarding my eating :( it scares me.

Ok so far this morning I am on track with my protein shake and a plum. waiting for my food to digest a bit and then going to do day 8 of the 30 day shred! My sister is already done day 10 and we text each other every day when we have completed our workouts. She is a huge support for me and a role model for healthy living :D

Thanks for reading this. I really needed it write down what I was feeling and to be accountable for yesterday.

mj5 06-25-2011 06:37 PM

Hi everyone!

I had a fantastic Saturday!!!! Booty kicking Zumba class this am, then I did a little bargain shopping. I took a pair of size 14 capris into the fitting room with me, just to see how close I was getting to them fitting.....AND THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked! They looked really cute too. I bought them and a couple other pair. I need to go through my shirts before I buy any new shirts, though.

patchworkpenguin--LOL! Awww, she looks very sweet! Hope she is recovering well from her surgery.

butterflymama--that's awesome that you and your sister can support each other! Good for you for writing down how you are feeling. It does help a lot.

Have a great evening!

lottie63 06-26-2011 09:49 AM

Finally got back to the gym yesterday. yay! :) Going again today.

Starting to feel better.

patchworkpenguin 06-26-2011 10:31 AM

Yesterday morning we took April for her PT walk, then last night I did Leslies's Family Walk off On Demand

mj5 06-26-2011 03:38 PM

Hi everyone! I had an awesome Zumba class this morning! I also went through some clothes and have another stack to donate :) Now I am FINALLY lounging a bit with the "sweet beagle sisters".

lottie--so glad you are feeling better and able to get back to the gym!

patchworkpenguin--Awesome!

patchworkpenguin 06-26-2011 11:39 PM

Sat 25
B= 2 c milk, vits, peach
L= Turkey sand, corn off cob, chips, 2 brownies
D= Bob Evan's Pot roast haah + 2 eggs
S= choc chip cookies
E= 20min dog walk, 35min Leslie's Family Walk DVD

Sun 26
B= 2 c milk, vits,
L= Jason's Deli Nutty Mixed up Salad
S= grapes, 2 cookies
D= Veggie soup, cheese toast
S= 1/2 protein bar {mint choc!}
E= rest day

We have a 3 day weekend, Hubby took tomorrow off so we could go to the dentist. Exciting, huh? We like to schedule our appointments at the same time.

MJ, good job on those 14's!

mj5 06-27-2011 05:35 AM

Good Morning!

patchworkpenguin--Thanks! Well...at least you will have the rest of the day w/ dh after the dentist!

I lost 4lbs last week!!!! I am SO excited! (and yes....I had to check the scale multiple times, lol!) I just sent my update to my trainer. I can't wait to see what he has to say.

Have a great day!

DixC Chix 06-27-2011 08:59 PM

Good Morning!

Today:

B: Protein shake
L: lc ww wraps, cantelope
D: lean cuisine chicken, beans, strawberries
E: yoga, water aerobics

I had an stressful weekend due to my dog having an extended anxiety attack (dementia based). Started Sat afternoon, I let her do her pace and pant and gave her a melatonin pill at bed time. That usually works. Nuh-uh. She stayed riled up all night long. She got all tangled up in my shoe rack and peed herself. I was up most of the night with her as she comes to me for reassurance and then goes back to pacing plus her panting gets really loud. There just no consoling her. Sunday morning, I took her for a walk to wear her out but that didn't work. I decided to give her a 1/4 clonazepam. She finally laid down about 3:00 pm. Last night she had a bout of diarrhea in my family room. That took a couple of hours to clean up plus I had to make a run for more carpet cleaner. Ugh. Today, she barely made 1/2 block walking before she wanted to go back home. She is refusing to eat and that concerns me. I've been down this road before so I'll see how she is tomorrow.

Hello Patchwork!

Butterfly - glad you're back on track. Shredding Sisters - hehehe.

mj - Yay for size 14's and a 4 lb loss!!! You are rocking it.

patchworkpenguin 06-27-2011 11:25 PM

Had a good report at the dentist, then spent the rest of the day with Hubby, running errands and just hanging out.

I went a little nuts and bought 3 new Leslie Sansone workouts. Her 'Ultimate complilation', 'Walk it Off and Tone it Up', and '3 Fast Miles'. Like I need more workouts! But I know I'll use them.

Mon 27
B=2 c milk, vits
L=McAlister's Savannah Chicken chopped salad
S= 1/2 Snickers
S= dry cereal
D= Chickfila Grilled wrap, sweet potato fries, small straw shake
S= apple slices with pumpkin butter

Chix, I'm sorry to hear your girl is having such a hard time. I hope she's doing better.

MJ, good job on the 4 lbs.

melinda34 06-28-2011 04:57 AM

Hello friends -

mj - just "yesterday" you hit onederland -- wowzy wow wow - will you look at your ticker??? So happy for you! And thank you for posting - your self-discipline and positive attitude are inspiring

Dix - so sorry about your canine friend. Don't know if it applies - but sometimes all that panting can be a dog's way of showing pain, especially in an older pet. My thoughts are with both of you.

Lottie - so glad you are feeling better!

Penguin - welcome!!

I've been eating vegetarian meals and vegan when possible. Still totally amazed that my knees no longer ache. Amazed is the word -- I just can't believe it. I am fighting exercise. Not sure why it is such a big deal. But I plan to continue to focus on good eating and hopefully one day inspiration will strike and the planned exercise will become part of daily life.

today:
B: oatmeal & walnuts, diet coke (that diet coke hit the spot)
L: steamed broccoli w/ Mrs. Dash, dilled carrots, scalloped potatoes
S: wg crackers & hummus
D: Morning Star bean burger on ww bun with the garden, baked potato fries, spinach salad w/sesame drsg.

Weighing daily, but the official weigh in is Wednesday. Hoping for 214.....we'll see.

mj5 06-28-2011 05:26 AM

Good Morning everyone! I am up bright an early this am....just so excited!!! I really hope my brother makes it home today!!!!

DixC Chix--Oh no!!!! Your poor dog and poor you!!!!! How scary. Big hugs!!!!

patchworkpenguin--Sounds like a great day yesterday! Hey, if you'll use them, then they are well worth it!

melinda--Thanks! I have to give lots of credit to my trainer for the awesome workouts he puts to gether and my Zumba instructor--she works us as hard in her classes as my trainer does in his workouts. Yes, I do the work, but not w/ out help. Thanks!!!! I can't believe it myself. After struggling forever, gaining, well...it feels SO good!!! I hope I am not getting too annoying. That is awesome about your eating veg/vegan and that your knees no longer ache. I am having a lot of fun learning how food effects our bodies in different ways. Keep focusing on your food. The exercise will come. A very good friend told me (when I was struggling with exercise), to find something you love and throw yourself into it. At the time, I couldn't imagine loving anything exercise related. Eventually I found Zumba and well....we know what happened! LOL!!! I am confident it will happen for you too. Fingers crossed for a great weigh in Wednesday!!!!

Jab--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else who stops by.

Today is my chat w/ my wellness coach. I sent him "my journey" so we'll talk about that. It is also my "rest" day so I actually get to come straight home from work today.

Have a great day everyone!