3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......June 2011

Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #46
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

YEA lottie!!!!! That's awesome!!!!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #47
mj5

I have new pictures!!!! My trainer sent me a comparison pic the left is 12 weeks ago, the right is this morning

I can't believe that was me!!!!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #48

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Everywhere is smaller but the areas that stand out to me are face (you have cheekbones and you look so much younger), neck (bye-bye double chin), chest (collar bones and below), waist (probably even more narrow than shows in that shirt), arm and hands (your hands are not puffy anymore, you can see vains popping!) hips & legs (thinner and pants are baggy).

So tell me about your tats??

Long term goal

Every day do something to make a better tomorrow.
Discipline is remembering what you want.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #49
mj5

Thanks DixC Chix! Yes, my waist is much smaller, but you can't tell because of my shirt. LOL! My hubby mentioned that I was very "veiny" the other day, of course he quickly followed it up with "and that's a good thing". On my left foot, I have some stars--which actually start around my ankle. There is also a yellow rubber ducky (that one represents my "girls days" w/ my nieces...our theme is ducks, LOL! On my right foot I have some forget-me-nots (favorite flower) and some vines. I have some others (on my shoulder blades which go up over my shoulder onto my chest area....maybe future progress pics will actually show some of those....if I am REALLY brave

I forgot to add that I lost 6 3/4" in the past 4 weeks, which makes a total of 23" in 12 weeks!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

Old 06-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #50
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Wow, you look great! It's insane how different we look when we lose weight. Even 10 lbs makes a huge difference!

You look so much younger.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #51

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Taking a break from weeding and thought I would check in.

mj5~ Wow, you look like a younger chickie for sure!! Great going !!

DixC Chix~ I like the sound of your job I'm not far from Grayling. In the last week we have had hot, humid mid 90's all the way to 43 degrees. My garden is in shell shock. I replaced a couple plants today that just were slowly dieing. My eggplant looks like it may never spring back, think I am going to re-plant it too... frustrating.

Lottie ~ big time congrats on the breakthrough!!!!!!! It's all downhill from here

melinda~ it's amazing how much we accumulate isn't it , sounds like you've had your hands full. I don't do well in hot and muggy, it makes me swelter to a slugs pace....

Big hi to Sandi, kurisitaru, Beverlyjoy, Blue and anyone else I maybe am overlooking. Gotta get back too it, I see dark clouds on the horizon.

Went out for pizza with a gf Fri after work, I've had a heck of a time coming back on plan from that. I think seeing Mj's great pic today may be the inspiration I need to remember what I am trying to accomplish here

Have a GREAT day!!!

highest weight 289, lowest ever weight 172

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #52
mj5

kurisitaru--Thanks!

jab--I know this weather is out of control! Awww, you make me blush. You are doing awesome! Keep going!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Thanks everyone. I keep looking at the pics (he sent me side and back comparisons too). I STILL can't believe it. It makes me a little sad for the "old" me, that I was content at that weight for so long.

It is surreal hearing that I am inspiring other people. I put the pics up on my FB this morning and instantly had tons of comments. An old boyfriend sent me a message to let me know I have shown him that it isn't too late. He has gained some weight over the years (not a lot, but more than he would like) and wants to make some changes. He is starting to eat healthier and wants to incorporate exercise. He thanked me for posting my progress. He asked me to please keep putting it all out there because it is helping him every day. WOW. I had NO idea!!!! I am so thankful for the outpouring of support that I am receiving. My Zumba instructor emailed me to tell me how great I am doing. AND my trainer emailed me last night to tell me he was proud of me and all of my hard work. Incredible.

I am looking forward to writing about my journey now! I will share as soon as it is finished.

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #53
unabashed

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5

Went to the gym after work today. first time I've had a flare in weeks. my legs hate me. I haven't been keeping up on my PT the last few days though so I'm paying for it. Will get on that tonight for sure.

I'm off tomorrow, I was asked if I could go in to work but I said no. I have a bit of a cold, but mainly I just want a day to myself, to be ALONE. Haven't had one of those in weeks. Gonna spend a good chunk of the day at the gym.

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #54

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Ahh, Monday. Trying to think of something cheery to say, but I got nothin'.

mj - I totally meant the veiny hands as a good thing. I think it makes women look strong.

kurisitaru - welcome!!

jab - don't overdo in that muggy michigan heat. Ugh, I don't miss that! I thought my grape vine had bit the big one a month or so ago but BIL suggested I keep watering it and its going great guns now.

lottie - yay for a day to yourself! Enjoy!

B: coffee, egg, pumpkin
S: greek yogurt
L: soft tacos, grapes
D: steak, carrots, beans, peas, blueberries, yogurt, walnuts
E: yoga, water aerobics

Long term goal

Every day do something to make a better tomorrow.
Discipline is remembering what you want.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #55
mj5

lottie--Good for you for taking a day to yourself. We all need those once in a while!

DixC Chix--Oh I know you did. I agree. It was just funny that hubby had just mentioned it. He just blurted it out and I think he was afraid I would be mad. LOL! I wasn't. Tonight at the gym, I noticed how different I looked in the mirror. Also, guys were moving around me, rather than me moving for them. THAT was a nice change.

Today I had the pre-op phone call with the surgery center. I was totally surprised because the nurse that called was actually one that used to work at my orthopedists office. She is SO nice. She should be there on thursday when I go for my surgery, so that will be cool.

I am going to Zumba tomorrow. It is my normal "rest" day, but I will have plenty of those later in the week. I am also planning on Zumba on Wednesday too, which would be in addition to my strength training. It is hard to do both, but I know I can do it. Plus, after that, it's all rest.........

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #56
mj5

Good Morning! Hope you are all doing well.

Lots to do today, imagine that?! Going to try to sneak in some errands on my lunch break, so that will help.

I am going to Zumba tonight, CAN'T wait! The Tuesday class is a lot of fun.

I also have a call with my Wellness Coach and I am really looking forward to that as well.

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #57

S/C/G: 222/x/140

Good morning friends!
mj- pictures speak louder than words -- wow wow wow --girl, you are Rockin' this wellness gig!

lottie - enjoy your YOU day. I had one of those yesterday, I napped twice, got alot of work done around the house - and yes, even exercised - and got out to see Forks over Knives followed by dinner at Whole Foods. It felt like a week long vacation...all in one day!

Jab - here's a hand - time to get back on this wagon!

The movie was very thought provoking. Seriously considering trying a Vegan diet for a while to see if it's a "fit" for me. I think I can switch to no meat....it's the no cheese, no yogurt, no eggs that will be tough for me. There's so much fresh local produce available this time of year - I think this is the time to try it, if I'm going to. For a few years in my 20's I was vegetarian -- but that was a long, long....LONG time ago. The hard part is making the meals appealing so my kids will jump on board with me. And making sure I have a balanced nutrient week. Checked a couple books out of the library -- gonna be working on some planning.

today's plan:
B: WW english muffin, scram egg, coffee
B2: cottage cheese, orange
L: salad with tuna
D: WG pasta w/ fresh tomato/basil, salad, berries

weighing tomorrow -- Have a great day!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #58
unabashed

melinda, what did you think of the docu?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #59
mj5

Melinda--Sounds like you had a fantastic day yesterday! Thanks. I keep looking at the pics and just shaking my head....still can't believe it is really me....

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

Old 06-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #60
unabashed

melinda:

wow I somehow missed what you said about the docu at the end of your msg. derp.

Anyhow, have you had daiya? Not something you want to eat a lot of it's still processed, but it's a great cheese alternative (it's NOT soy) soy cheese is kind of gross, so is rice cheese. But daiya is amazing, even my omni friends love it. (catch: You need to use it in recipes where you melt it, it tastes awful cold/sprinkled on a salad.) but melted makes it magical and delicious. haha. it melts and stretches. it's fab.

and there are non dairy yogurts too. I used to eat eggs pretty often, but it was fairly easy to let those go. I've found alternatives even for my baking bread, etc. I've developed a real love affair with mexican scrambled tofu/tofu tacos for breakfast.

There are lots of awesome cookbooks out there that will help get your fam on board. I suggest appetite for reduction. It's a healthy vegan cookbook, most recipes are under 400 cals.

My blog has healthy recipes too, be sure to try my alfredo, I have gotten great reviews. hehe.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything! Glad to help.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.