3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   First time out to a resturant (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/234521-first-time-out-resturant.html)

fatferretfanatic 05-31-2011 08:20 PM

First time out to a resturant

Hubby wanted to take me out today, which was really sweet of him, and I definitely welcomed it since I have not been out to eat in almost three months, since I started my plan. There's a little Mexican restaurant about a 10 min. walk away, so we walked there and had a meal. I feel pretty proud of myself, all in all. A few months ago, when I first started my plan, I don't think I could have trusted myself to do the right thing. But today, I limited myself, made good choices and overall did a great job of keeping myself in check. I got one chicken burrito, a small guacamole salad, and a side of refried beans. I chose all my items separately, which is not only cheaper but one has better control of how much is put on their plate without being overly picky. I ate none of the chips that they put out for the table, and that was also good. This is truly the first time in ages that I left a restaurant feeling comfortably full but not sick. Seriously, it used to be that I turned into a ravenous monster if we went out and ate everything in sight and then order dessert. I am finding that I don't really care as much about it because I know that I'm not giving up anything specific; I am only giving up eating crazy amounts at one time. I mean, I am never going to give up ice cream or going out once in awhile for good. But, I can eat only a serving of the good ice cream instead of a whole pint of the crappy stuff, and control myself when we go out. I'm just very pleased with myself overall. :carrot:

Lovely 05-31-2011 08:30 PM

Congratulations! What an accomplishment! :yes:

Slimjem 05-31-2011 08:46 PM

I'm still having some trouble in this area - KUDOS to you! The chips would have been the hardest part for me :)

time2lose 05-31-2011 08:47 PM

That is great!

fatferretfanatic 05-31-2011 08:54 PM

Thanks guys! It was less of an issue when than I thought it would be, thank goodness. But, I was glad I got my items separately because I have an issue with food wastage. My husband got a meal he just couldn't finish because it was twice the size of the good sized meal I ate.

aimeebell 05-31-2011 09:15 PM

Great job! I really struggle with eating well in a restaurant, especially one that serves chips and salsa...and if they have chips and salsa, then they have margaritas. You did awesome!

FlipFlop Love 05-31-2011 09:33 PM

That's fantastic!! :) I bet that has to be a great feeling. Congratulations. :)

envelope 05-31-2011 09:42 PM

You did GREAT! I love Mexican food, but am not sure I trust myself to go out to my favorite restaurant yet.

fatferretfanatic 05-31-2011 10:38 PM

Thank you so much, guys. I am pretty ecstatic about the whole deal, especially since I didn't think I was going to run because it was so hot, and then I ended up running anyway when it started getting dark, and ran further than ever before. Yay for me! I just did my first four miler in years and years.

Jen516 05-31-2011 10:50 PM

Wa-hoo!! Nice work! :D

JamiSue3916 06-01-2011 11:57 AM

WTG! Restaurants are tough for me still too so thanks for sharing your experience! :D

dancinginpaint 06-01-2011 12:00 PM

Thats great! Good Job!

natamars 06-01-2011 12:16 PM

awesome job, especially resisting the chips!!

April Snow 06-01-2011 12:17 PM

Great job!!! And really good point about ordering the smaller items individually. Aside from controlling the amount of food you eat, I think it also helps make each item more special since you ordered it specifically and aren't just eating it because it's there on the plate.

MEH1969 06-01-2011 12:56 PM

Good for you. I struggle with this as well.