Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Default Not Giving Up!

Okay, so I was at the gym and I just wanted to cry because I had felt that I couldn't do it anymore. I felt done with working out. I felt like just giving in. I Texted the hubby and told him that I couldn't do it anymore and I was done. Well I decided to stick it out for the 45 mins at the gym. When I got home he spoke to me Nd told me don't give up because I have come so far and almost at my first 15 pound mini weight loss goal. He said that he will start going to the gym with me again and will push me. I just feel like the cardio I'm doing isnt enough and not i need to start other workouts. So after the conversation I have come to realize that giving up and I can't isn't in my vocabulary. Plus I was kind of jealous because my sister who lives in new York said she got to do boot camp with a marine and now shes sore. I want that. I can't afford a trainer. I just need something new and exciting to push me back in to motivation. Any advice would be greatly appericated. Sorry for the long story.
skye8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Well I don't know what your situation is but I would say that maybe you are feeling bored with the routine so lately my husband and I have been mixing in a little workout with time together. Maybe take a long walk around the city or go to the park.
I don't want to say cheat but I have found that if I pick one VERY SMALL thing and I do mean ONE thing that I have been dying for all week that it keeps me inspired.
For instance I find life without wine unbearable so Sunday night this week I am allowing myself one small glass.
Last week I allowed myself one chocolate truffle.
It makes me feel powerful that I can just have one and it gives me something to look forward to.

Hope this helps and good luck I know you can do it!
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

First of all - Good for you for not giving up. That's how we succeed. Just going forward. That's all it takes, and eventually we -will- get to where we want.

You don't necessarily need a trainer in order to be pushed and to exercise harder. Sounds like you're only doing cardio, but want to try other stuff? That's good There are plenty of strength training posts and suggestions down in the Exercise section of the forum, and people much more knowledgeable about the subject will probably be able to point you in the right direction. There are stickies there about it, too.

Or find a sport/exercise you've always wanted to try and sign up! Doing different things for activity is good and healthy! =) Keep at it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I have heard from several people who use the videos "Insanity" or "P90x" and have amazing results. One of my friends lost 40 lbs after she had her first baby using the Insanity workout. Her husband has also lost 30 lbs. Good luck and congratulations for not quitting.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote