Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Default I honstly..

I honestly just want to cry right now. its 7:58pm and I havent gone to the gym yet. I finished eatind dinner proabbly 30 mins ago and I feel so full. I stoped myself when I got full. I really want to go to the gym before it closes at 11pm. But I cant get the feeling of fullness out. I feel quilty if I dont go because I go atleast 5 days a week leaving the weekends off. Must I do so much cardio to see results. Why do I feel this way. I see that I am making progress and get upset if I dont go to the gym. IDK..
skye8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Does guilt make the pounds go away?

No?

Well then, banish the thought and focus on all you have done that actually DOES make the weight go away. Not going to the gym doesn't make you a bad person, or lazy. It might require re-evaluating how and when you eat dinner, so this won't be an issue again, but beyond that, such negative feelings will only drag you down.

Move forward and be kind to yourself
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #3  

First, try to gauge whether you are just trying to procrastinate or if your body REALLY doesn't want to go. If you are feeling really tired or not there mentally, then it might help to just relax, allow yourself a break and head back tomorrow.
But if you do feel like this is just procrastination, just get ready, go to the gym and start small. Just try some very low cardio work and see if you feel better from there. That way you still stay in the habit of getting exercise, but don't feel like you are punishing yourself with exercise.
Also, maybe wait an hour or so, so that you don't upset your stomach.
TerraIncognita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #4  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Move forward and be kind to yourself
This is such a GREAT thing to say, Arctic Mama! I LOVE it!

I know that when I feel guilty, it's because I'm letting myself down - and it's usually valid - but Arctic Mama is right...feeling guilty doesn't help anything. Our individual "adventures" are full of choices and this is no different. You just need to make a choice (I know, easier said then done) and be prepared for the results...good or bad.

One trick that I use when I'm really not wanting to go work out is to commit to leave the house and stay at the gym for just 10 minutes. If I still don't feel up for it, I go home. 95% of the time, I'm fine, even happier, once I'm out of the house.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #5  

Thank You Ladies for the help. I ended up going to the gym for an hour it maybe me feel great. I am trying to let go of the negative thoughts.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #6  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

I'm really glad you ended up going to the gym Skye. I think these wonderful ladies who responded were so right. Sometimes the hardest part about working out is just leaving the house and getting to the gym. The workouts can be a breeze once you conquer that hurtle of getting to the gym! lol

Also, being kind to yourself is a major part of changing the patterns in our minds as well as the patterns in the physical, ya know? So often we take the things we hear or have heard all our lives so much to heart that we're constantly beating ourselves up on the inside, which is exactly what we have done all our lives and in many cases has lead us to exactly where we are now.

Here is a thought you might want to consider: Guilt is what we feel when we are not living up to our own self image.

And if ya take that just a step further, and consider what self image you are holding yourself to, you might find the key that will help unlock the old patterns of thought that have held you captive for so long. Is the self image you are holding one that YOU came up with on your own, comprised of all the lovely characteristics that you cherish in people yourself, ie: strong, thoughtful, caring, funny, resilient, passionate about what interests you, etc? Or have you unwittingly adapted your self image to what other people seem to expect from you, ie: the fat girl who needs to lose weight, that poor woman, the one who needs more self control, the one who should be at the gym every spare minute she has, etc.?

In my life, I've come to see guilt as a red flag pointing out a thought pattern that I'm clinging to that is no longer serving me. If I feel guilty, the first thing I do is think about why I'm feeling guilty and ask myself if the self image I am holding myself to is true and beneficial for me, or if it was imposed on me by a societal view that was prevalent in my life. Then, I either change my actions or I change my self perception and work on accepting myself as I am, even if it may seem that what I'm accepting is a flaw in my perfection.

I hope that all makes sense and maybe helps a bit. It's just my way of looking at things.

/hugs
Quilly
QuillysQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #7  

Yay! I'm also excited to hear you were able to do it and felt better. Great job!
TerraIncognita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sometimes a good tantrum is exactly what we need before we do the "grown-up" thing.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #9  

Let me just say that you girls are so insprational and made me happy with your kind words. This site has helped out alot. Their arent may sites or people with suck kind words. I just wish the pounds with fly off. I know I must work hard to be happy with who I am. And my confidance has gone up and Im happy to say I am happier then I ever been. Im still working toward my mini goal of 15 pounds. But Im glad where all going through this journey togeter. Thank You Quilly for the message it got through to me as all the other posts.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #10  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

You said something that really stood out to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye8080 View Post
Must I do so much cardio to see results.
Nope! I have gone to the gym, walked on the treadmill for 20 mins, patted myself on the back and gone home. Just a little walk, at times, is enough for me to get the endorphins going, make me feel better about myself and help me to then make better choices in other areas of my life (like food!).

I was doing regular strength training for a while. I thought I had to do an hour of hard core weight lifting to notice a differnce - but just a few exercises a couple times a week was enough to firm up some flab.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote