NSV - maybe?

• So, because of an 11-month-old Labrador who has an affinity with my pants (and underwear, and socks), I've been with 1 pair of black pants for work for a few months. Since I'm wor5king 2 jobs now, I had a bit of extra cash today and mom (who is in town for a bit) and I decided to hit Pennington's to see if there were any good sales on long pants.

I found a really cute pair of black convertibles (long pants that can convert up into capris) in a size 20. Now, normally, I was a 22 but I thought I could probably squeeze into them. I tried them on and they fit like a GLOVE. Yay!

I then found a pair of similar pants but in gray and without a drawstring waist in a size 18. I thought I was dreaming to try them on but they also fit almost perfectly. They are just a SMIDGE tight, but not to an uncomfortable level by any means at all.

I guess I have lost weight lol I keep thinking maybe it's water weight because my upper half is still in the 1X sizes but if a size 18 will fit then I'll take it.

Although, I should note, I tried on another pair of long pants in a size 20 and they were too tight.

But, we'll pretend I didn't try them on lol
  • Congrats its always great fitting into a smaller size. Trust me I'm ecstatic that my 22 pants from tall girl fit me and are part of my 'every day' wardrobe. I have a pair of size 20 jeans from tallgirl hanging on my closet, starting at me. I will jump through the roof if I ever fit into those!
  • Congratulations! It is so rewarding to fit into a smaller size. You have definitely lost weight!
  • Pants that are a size smaller! No maybe about it! That's an NSV!!!

Congrats!!
  • Quote: But, we'll pretend I didn't try them on lol
    Too funny! Yes! Definitely forget about trying that last pair on. 2 out of 3 counts as a size lost for sure!!

And I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY ditto Sandi's comment! Ain't no "maybe" about it honey!
  • i'm very tempted to go to the store and try on some size 20s... my 22s are falling off of me, and i really hope that when i finally make it in, i won't be sad.

congrats to you, that is a big one!
  • WOO HOO! Clothing NSV's are my favourite!! Speaking of pants that are a bit tight though, one thing that really worked for me for motivation was whenever I found really good sales, I bought "target" pants...and hung them somewhere prominent and tried them on periodically, what a celebration when I would finally fit into them!! Good for you!
  • Mandy / Sept15 -- I am definitely not brave enough to start trying on new sizes but I do LOVE the "target" pants idea! Wow, it's actually kind of surprising how scary that is to me. Thinking about it, l feel nervous that I might get over zealous and start trying them on too early. Guess I'm not comfortable enough with my loss (and continued loss) to accept that it's permanently gone. Good to know I'm scared of it though...need to analyze that one a bit.
  • That is awesome Rainbowgirl!
  • Great job Rainbowgirl!

I read in another thread about someone who had target clothes and then took pictures of herself in them each month to see how much closer she was to fitting in them...I love that idea.
  • Rainbow that is awesome! You will be shocked that before you know it you will have to keep hiking those pants up every time you stand up! Keep up the good work! Love those surprise NSV's.
  • Heh, forgot about this thread!

I'm really surprised that the 18s fit as nice as they did, though I didn't try on any other 18s. I wasn't about to tempt the gods or anything lol!

I really, really like the idea of getting "target" clothes and taking pictures every week or month. It's kind of hard to notice weight loss or even just toning without anything significant to compare it to like clothing.

Actually, come to think about it, I think I have some "target" clothes in my closet - saves on buying new ones!