This came to my email box today. Thought you all might like to read. FYI
Dr. Oz spoke at a college commencement graduaiton. He shared his 10 keys for life.
He shared ten his points … in the style of Letterman by counting down to the best one.
Dr. Oz’s Ten Keys for Life
10. Find what makes you come alive, what gets you in a ‘zone’, what brings you peace … and spend some time doing that everyday.
9. Generate an expertise outside of your normal area of work, so you are more balanced. Get comfortable being uncomfortable … and you might be surprised where it takes you. Dr. Oz is a heart surgeon practicing in NYC. When he was first asked to appear on The Oprah Show it stretched him out of his normal comfort area, but it’s taken him places he never dreamed he’d go.
8. Develop a system that works for you and stick to it. Routine brings you comfort and purpose during times of stress and change.
7. Find a mentor!
6. Whatever you choose to do … do it with a childlike passion. Give your all to it.
5. No one is a jerk on purpose, so give people the benefit of doubt. Don’t judge too quickly. Let people surprise you.
4. Recognize that relationships have to keep growing to survive. Average relationships only last 7 years … so reinvent the relationships close to you to keep them strong.
3. Don’t forget your body! Taking care of your body is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
2. Live in the present!! In the moment. Some of the most dangerous words are … if only!
1. You must make the driving force of your life … LOVE! No matter what, love has to guide you in all you do.