3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Okay, let's get real: Belly Fat (please help!!!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/232836-okay-lets-get-real-belly-fat-please-help.html)

Fit4Lyfe 05-09-2011 03:42 PM

Okay, let's get real: Belly Fat (please help!!!)

The dreaded spare tire, the muffin top...you know the name for it and genetically, us women are pre-disposed to have it (something to do with having it for baby-making, my extremely svelte ex-boyfriend/doctor used to say) but can I ever really get rid of it??? Let me give you my stats and if you've had any luck in this area, please please please pop in and let me know, if you're struggling like I am, let's get through this together:

Height/Weight: 5'7"/236 lbs
Goal: 145-155 lbs
Dillema: I carry a ton of weight in my tummy and thighs, never had any kids (and not planning on it); I used to think I was apple shaped until a stylist (who is a friend) pointed out that all the weight is in the bottom of my tummy, the top of my stomach is pretty okay, so I'm pear-shaped. So be honest with me, have you lost your tummy weight? Because I feel like, if I'm never going to lose it, what is the point of goin gthrough all of this and I still won't look good because of this flap of fat????

It kinda gets me down a little...:( lol.

josey 05-09-2011 04:36 PM

Yes! I am not sure what shape I am but I did lose a bunch of my belly. My tighs are shrinking too!

caryesings 05-09-2011 04:40 PM

Mine is low, a "pot belly", rather than a muffin top and now that I've lost the extra weight it seems more obvious than ever to me. However, I feel so great about the weight loss and new fitness that it doesn't bother me THAT much. Just enough to keep me working out to hopefully tighten things up.

beerab 05-09-2011 04:54 PM

Your stomach will definitely go down! In fact for me I always notice my stomach go down first- taking measurements will help you see a difference! :)

georgeshair 05-09-2011 04:56 PM

I'm also pear-shaped. I've lost enough weight to make a difference to my looks now, but my bum, belly and thighs are still big. In some clothes, I think I look pregnant! I'm hoping that losing some more weight will reduce the old muffin top.

Trazey34 05-09-2011 05:17 PM

I never had kids either, and I have to say I'm VERY happy with how much my belly went down - it's not gone by any means, but with clothes & a good pair of spanx I can camouflage it very well !! I swear by those leg lift things, lay on the floor and lift both feet off the ground about 6 inches and HOLD IT as long as you can...I did about a billion of those whenever i had spare time (even in my office LOL)

I also did those under chin tightening things, where you press your whole tongue to the roof of your mouth and hold it (it should 'pull' your under neck) and I don't have my jowl sag (and i'm 45 woot!)

Besides even if looks terrible, it will look better than it did sticking WAY OUT right?!

Arctic Mama 05-09-2011 05:30 PM

I still have a tummy, I always will, and yes I have had kids. Sagging skin, belly fat, stretch marks, they get SO much better. But it won't be as though they never existed, especially with my clothes off. I'll take some tummy skin and sagging to a bloated potbelly any day!

I expect it will get immensely better for you, so long as you lose the excess weight :)

Fit4Lyfe 05-10-2011 07:20 PM

Thanks for all the input ladies!!! I am worried about the sagging skin and left-over fat, but I am also excited about losing and that outweighs the fears, so I am going to keep going!!!

fatferretfanatic 05-10-2011 07:37 PM

I'm with you. I am losing this weight, and when it is gone, I am going to keep it off and after one year of really doing my best to get as much bodyfat off as possible, I am probably going to get it taken in. I want to be able to wear a little bikini someday, and I'm afraid I might never be able to. But, I feel fantastic now that I have lost some weight

fattymcfatty 05-10-2011 08:48 PM

I've been on a vacation for a week and a half, and although I gained a couple pounds (hoping it is sodium, though) I noticed a big difference in how my gut looks now vs before I left and I haven't had any new loss. I don't know if it was from walking or if it just adjusted, but my lower pooch is not as droopy. Sometimes the body takes a little time to catch up with the weight loss. A lot of maintainers on here speak of how much more they like their bodies after maintaining the loss and working on toning and exercising.

sept15lija 05-10-2011 08:50 PM

OH yeah I still have the bellyfat, but it's SO much smaller, and it pretty much disappears in jeans and totally with a foundation garment. I am just starting maintenance so I may end up losing a few more pounds which god willing may come from there, or else time may work some more magic too.