Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 02:57 PM   #1  

Smile New year, (another) new start...

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and I'd like to wish you a very happy new year!

I've not been around for some time, mainly because last year was very hard and frustrating for me.

After losing around 92lbs in 2001, I reached a point where I was totally 'stuck'. I was still doing the same as before, and not cheating, but nothing was working for me. I should really have been grateful to maintain for a while, but thinking I still had around 20-30lbs to lose, I wasn't grateful... oh no... I got seriously fed up, frustrated and guess what... that's when the weight started to go back on.

This time however, unlike previous times, I could see it coming. I could feel it happening, and hopefully I'm now going to stop it, now that the food period (Christmas) is over. I've put on around 10-12lbs this year, which I realise is no serious disaster in the scheme of things, but I also know how easy it would be for me to ignore it, hope it will go away, and pile on another 50lbs+ without really trying.

That's why I'm starting again. Positive thinking and all that. I'd started to get down on myself, and that's when the eating did start to kick in again. Not on a huge scale, but bad enough to set me on the old route, back to Fat City. Hopefully I've caught it in time and can change direction again! I never ever want to be that big again.

Good luck to all of you this year. For those of you who need to make a new start, I'm with you... for everyone else, now's the time to continue with all the good work you put in last year!

Karen
260.5/168.5/180 (ouch, I admitted it)/147 (A bit more realistic)
Old 01-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  

Karen...*HUGS* I am so so proud of you for catching it now. I am with you all the way!

Old 01-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #3  

Karen, good for you for catching it now. Gaining it back is so, so easy, but you've caught before it got out of hand. It's a new year & new start, like you said, & I know you can do this.
Closed Thread