Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Mikeysmommy~ I hate car problems, so glad to hear you were able to get the car back for much less than you feared. Very sorry about your home. The economy has certainly taken it's toll.

mj~ sorry the dr. appt showed more problems, that sux ! I had no idea you had a vacation planned , that is GREAT news. Having something to look forward to is such a boost!

noussa~ I find being peckish at night to be the hardest. I do great all day but something about late evening is my undoing. I try to read or get online to keep my hands busy at the far end of the house,away from the kitchen...lol.

Sandi~ Welcome, and Great job staying on plan!!!

Liz ~ I find I do better if I am accountable.

Gas is now $4.29 a gallon here for the cheap stuff. I miss my motorcycle so much but even more at the gas station!!!!! I am debating walking to work today (only 3-miles) it's only 37* and I so hate the cold.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... I haven't run away. I've been reading. But not in a good place to post. I won't run away. I keep trying.

I will try to post every day, regardless.

I always post in the gratitude thread. It's my anchor.

Hugs to you all.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

jab--Yikes...gas is going up here, but it isn't that high yet. Thank you. YES, we keep saying "oh we should go back to Boston" and yea...never have, so I finally said let's just book it already! I can't wait!

Beverlyjoy--Hang in there. You will get there. Hugs back to you!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Today is my "off" day from working out....still not sure what to do with myself right after work, LOL! Tonight I do have some errands, them home to chill w/ the dogs until hubby gets home. I can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow and make up for a crappy workout yesterday. Actually, I can't say it was crappy...I just couldn't give it my all and that was frustrating. Tomorrow will be better.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Beverlyjoy~ good to read you again!!!

mj5~ isn't that the way it always is, someday. Seems like we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle we don't get to actually do many of the things we long to.

Well I walked to work yesterday morning. Learned a few things along the way.
#1 I need a good pair of walking shoes and change into my work shoes once I arrive. All my "athletic" shoes are skater shoes, reason being is my one daughter has a shoe fetish and whenever I have popped for her expensive shoes I try to hit a sale hence the last time it was buy one get one half off already on sale. But they are flat bottom no support.

#2 The pretty walking path up town sux. It looks nice, it's brick but I'm here to tell ya it's worse than walking on the side of the blacktop with gravel splashed over it . The cobblestone effect wasn't fun to walk on.

#3 Use the inhaler before starting... it's not like I didn't know that already. I mean I had a bad asthma attack the night before.

#4 wear thicker socks even with the new shoes I am getting... I have an open blister on my right foot now.

#5 download different music on to my kindle (which was in my little backpack satchel) to listen to while I walk. The stuff on there now is meditation, yoga, relaxation and I think something with a upbeat might have been more inspiring for walking...lol.

All in all it wasn't bad. Took me slightly over an hour to walk the 3-miles. I started at a pretty good clip but the last hill going into town really sucked it out of me.

Then when I got to the first cross walk in town I hear OH MY GAWD JULIE ARE YOU WALKING TO WORK being called out a car window... the woman looked at me like I was nuts. The same woman who tries to get me to go to weight watcher meetings and line dancing with her ...lol.

I looked pretty bad when I got to work, I don't do well in the cold and I hive out so my face and neck were beet red and horribly blotchy. My shoulders / arms were spasming from the backpack...I expected that. I downsized my purse to my little sack but knew it would be a trial for me because of my nerve damage.

Today my foot hurts obviously from the blister. The small of my back hurts, not sure why, although I know the last mile my hips were hurting some so maybe that is connected.

Work was behind when I got there and we were running full boar all day with little time to breathe so it was the wrong day to try my first walk in...lol. Thankfully my friend picked me up on his motorcycle and I didnt have to walk home in the cold. I would have been hard pressed to make it being tired and cold.

This morning it is a whopping 36* so I won't be walking to work. I am going to try to walk this evening after work with one of the dogs... pad my blister and make due.

I ordered some Reebok On The Clock Women's Walking shoes that had a very good rating online and were on sale too. Normally I won't order shoes online but being rural I never seem to get a larger town or the city to shop.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #20  
mj5

Good Morning!

jab--You ROCK!!! Way to go on walking to work!!!! I'm really glad you ordered yourself some good shoes for walking. They can make all the difference (but you already know that). Definitely get yourself some upbeat music. My workout playlist on my ipod would probably be obnoxious to most people, but it is great to keep me moving.

Today is a gym day for me and I am SO ready for it. I emailed my trainer to see if I should do anything extra since my workout Monday was so blah. He told me to just let it go and give it my all tonight. So that's the plan.

I need to make sure I drink more water today...didn't drink as much yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #21  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

miserable this morning.

Grrrr!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi... today was better. I am grateful. I wrote down all I ate and kept track of my exchanges. It's a start.

Thanks so much for your support.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

Quick check in. I ate lots of fruit today and tons of ice water. I did have some grilled chicken too and cucumber/vinegar salad and two diet sodas. I took my Mom to have her biopsy done on her thyroid today (two nodules). Didn't feel much like eating today as my fibromyalgia has me in full flare (having a hard time walking and just feel like I was hit with a bat repeatedly). I've over done it the last couple of days and I'm paying for it.
I'm hoping I get some sleep tonight, that helps some.
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #24  
mj5

Good morning! Phew...a little excitement aorund here this am!! I live in a really small town and imagine my surprise when I took the dogs out bright and early when there was a local police car AND a state trooper car parked near our house this am?!!! Of course the dogs were SUPER curious....one of the officers came over, I was looking extra hot in my duck pj's , He said that our next door neighbor called because someone had been looking in her windows with a flashlight. CREEPY!!!! Just wanted to know if I had seen anything or if I had a flashlight (no to both). He played with the dogs a bit (which they LOVED) and assured me that they would search carefully. We always lock everything (well, my husband doesn't lock his car....I bet he will now!)

lottie--miserable mornings are no fun! Hope the day got better.

Beverlyjoy--YEA for a better day!!!

mikeysmommy--Hope your feeling better today. Hope your mom's biopsy comes back ok.

I had an awesome workout last night. It felt great! At one point I was looking in the mirror and was like...wow, that is really me!!!! (I was wearing workout clothes that actually fit...so it I coul actually see some of the changes in my body).

Tonight is zumba and I can't wait! I'm still trying to figure out how to work in a zumba class earlier in the week...I miss it.

On Sunday I am taking my 13 y/o niece shopping (very long overdue bday shopping trip...she is one busy kid!). She texted me to see if we could go on Sunday (I LOVE that we are so close!!!). Of course, I said yes...THEN I realized that Sunday is Mother's Day!! OOPS! So I had her double check w/ her mom!!!! Actually, my nephew has plans with a friend in the afternoon, so my sister in law is very much looking forward to an afternoon to herself...something she rarely gets, especially with two kids in lots of activities and my brother deployed. She is very excited about her "me" afternoon! LOL!!! I'm happy that I can do that for her and can't wait to go shopping with my niece!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #25  
unabashed

think I might be pmsing when I shouldn't. this stupid seasonique isn't working out.

i've been moody, and last night i got bloated. within' 6 hours I gained EIGHT pounds and all I ate was a salad in that time.

I looked pregnant! My stomach was sooooo distended! and I was feeling full after I ate later, up to my lungs. constipation, but that is better now. but still puffy. ate a ton of celery (that's supposed to help) drank green tea, took water pills, lost 3 lbs overnight, took more water pills when I woke up, still puffy. not as bad.

I am the worst with bloating. hate. also had bad cravings and was not on plan cuz of it. augh.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #26  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I was up a little a few days in a row so I'm back writing it all down...

br: cheerios/milk/banana coffee
sn: cottage cheese
lu: ham & swiss cheese sammich, grapes, salad, diet soda
sn: few almonds
Din: Chicken pasta thingie (cool article in a magazine, about those horrible frozen dinner things people eat for lunch. Recipe to make your own and freeze, using low fat campbell's soup, turns out pretty good too, can add tons more veg and REAL chicken) much bigger serving for less calories.
snack: some instant pudding made with 1% milk, yummmo. Put in the freeze on a stick and bob's yer uncle
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #27  
mj5

Good Morning! SOOOOOOOOOO very glad it is Friday!

lottie--I hope you are feeling better.

Trazey--Good for you for writing everything down.

I am SO super excited! Last night I tried on a pair of jeans that have been too small. Well......(insert drum roll) they fit! They are a size 16!!! I can't believe it! I bought them on clearance the last time I lost weight and I never wore them. I was sure I would get down to that size, but never did. I am SO glad I held on to them. I guess its time for another clean out/try stuff on in my closet this weekend! I have a feeling I'll be working extra hard at the gym today

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #28  
unabashed

this week has been craptastic food wise. I'm doing okay it's just...I've been really busy and eating one or two big meals or I've stayedup WAY too late and had to eat a whole extra meal.

I'm going to wv for the weekend for my sisters college graduation so I won't be posting for a few days.

see you girlies when I get back!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies!!

I've been absent for a little bit as I working my butt off in the garden. I have about 40 hours into it. All the flowers and herbs are going good. Had a surprise couple nights of a hard freeze so I had to get the quilts out. All the beds are ready in the 1200 sf veg garden. I will get everything going next weekend when I am positive the threat of frost is over.

This was great physical activity for me and its been years since I could do this much without getting exhausted after an hour. I've got the muscles to handle it but it has taken its toll (RMI) on my joints - knuckles, wrists, elbows, neck and shoulders.

I also had a supercharged appetite and I went with it. So, I haven 't lost anything but then again I haven't gained. In fact I went shopping today and bought tops in 1X which I haven't been since ???

So with the lion's share of the work done, I will focus my attention back on portion control and regular gym workouts.

Lottie - have a safe and enjoyable trip

Mj5 - WTG on the new jeans and the extra hard gym work

Beverlyjoy - Hi and good to hear from you

Mikeys - hope you are feeling better soon and how's that car coming along?

Trazey - frozen dinner thingy sounds interesting; can you give more details?

jab - you are awesome to be walking to work

Sandi - Hi and check in when you can

noussa - that was a wonderful demonstration of a 'mind shift' to walk instead of going home - WTG

Last edited by DixC Chix; 05-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #30  
mj5

Good Morning! Zumba was amazing yesterday! The instructor gave me lots of compliments, which made it even better!!!

lottie--congrats to your sis! Hope you had a great weekend!

DixC Chix--Now that's a lot of gardening! Congrats on the shirts!!!!

Today I am going to zumba. Both instructors are teaching and they have something 'special' planned....I have NO idea what that means....sounds interesting, though, LOL!!!!

This afternoon I am taking one of my niece's shopping for her bday (belated bday). We are both super excited. She's 13 and we have SO much fun together. AND now that I am out of plus sizes....we can actually shop together...well, not that I am wearing "teen" clothes by any means...but not having to shop in plus size stores is SO much fun!!! We both LOVE bare minerals, so of course we'll be visiting that store too--she is allowed to wear very light eye shadow and lip gloss and I am a makeup junkie, so that's always a fun store to go in to.

Have a great day everyone!!!