Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Well ladies I have been 289.5 the last two days so I am off to the 280's thread I suppose. However I haven't seen it active since I joined. Come on ladies lets make it active together.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #107  

Oh good grief we are going to be a very small thread!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU OMWD AND MOVE ALONG....see you soon in the 280s
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #108  
Made of Starstuff

*pokes her head in again*

If both the 280's & 290's threads are slow, maybe we should combine them both to stay together longer! Just a thought!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #109  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm just here briefly to quietly announce that I've officially arrived in this thread. I don't want to wake up my scale or the Craving Beast that resides in my brain, so let's be very, very quiet about it...

geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #110  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I'm just here briefly to quietly announce that I've officially arrived in this thread. I don't want to wake up my scale or the Craving Beast that resides in my brain, so let's be very, very quiet about it...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Don't worry, this is one party that the neighbors won't call the cops about
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #111  

I personally think combining the threads is a fabulous idea!

geoblewis-

I am so excited for you! I found the 300 mark to be a HUGE victory for me!!!!!

loveley- You are so close. I can't wait till you join us.

MrsTee- I think I am gonna stay here for the support till the 270's. U?

So its Thursday one of my days off.... Oh wait I am writing this from work????? Yes I love my job. (Pause to convey sarcasm) It's been a crazy week or actually month for that matter but I am still trucking along.....

Not sure if I am the only one but I have found that going off plan kinda freaks me out. I am what they refer to as a "scale whore". Oddly I don't think I weighed myself twice a year before, but now I am obsessed! I weigh in every morning and have to admit that the number on the scale really can effect my whole day. I find that when I am participating in something that might set me off plan all I can think of is what is the scale going to read tomorrow???? I suppose this is a good thing but I am really really looking forward to when each and every pound isn't something to scrutinize. I know that this is a lifestyle change but I think that it will be nice when I can go Off Plan (4th of July for example) and not be freaked out about the 2lbs that I might gain....

Well 289 this morning I suppose I better get some work done! Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #112  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

Hello ladies - wow it looks like everyone is working hard and making progress. Congratulations to those who have made a new goal. I had a good weight loss week 5.8 lbs after a disappointing 1.5 lb gain the week before so I guess it proves if you just stick with it and don't give up it will happen.
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #113  

SeeImTryin-
WAY TO GO!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #114  

OMWD - I am soooo the same. Didn't not even own a scale for the past 5 years, but when I am loosng weight watch the morning number like a hawk watching a mouse.
Think a combined 280 /290 thread is a great idea!!!!
Well i went out for dinner last night, and made good choices all night, and although the scaly monster was not pleased this morning, I am happy I did well. Choose good options all night.

Georgia - our secret - we won't tell a soul until we kick under 290!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #115  
Renaissance Woman

Thanks for the sneaky welcome! I'm so happy to be here! I'm happy to have weighed 299 for two days in a row. But I think that starting now, I will concentrate more on calorie and carb counting and really stick to the idea of weighing myself only once a week. I too have been that "scale whore". (I love that term! I am also a "slut for handbags" and other stuff.) But I have all my size 24 pants that fit a little snugly and I look forward to melting out from under them, and I've been taking my measurements since I've been doing more weight training. I'm tracking that now and it feels more like a measure of my efforts. The number on the scale...I was starting to take that as a personal affront!

I think a combined thread is a great idea. Has anyone discussed it with the 280s chicks? And you know I'll be posting on it daily, because I never have a lack of things to say!

Dang! @SeeImTrying! That was quite a loss! Color me green with envy!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #116  

MrsTee- Doesn't it feel fabulous to have the power over food to make good choices! I find however that since I eat such a low calorie selection at home with very little fats and oils that sometimes even with the best of choices when I am out that evil scale monster isn't pleased. Imagine how mad he would have been if you hadn't made those choices....

Geoblewis- I love the fact that I can fit into my 24's now! Granted they have that awful muffin top still but progress is coming steadily.
Since the 280's thread is well umm me.... I would say they are fine with it. LOL. I have't done measurements yet. I suppose I just go by what my clothes stay and the evil scale is simply to let me know how certain foods or pattern effect me.

Well today I had my own little non scale victory like MrsTee! I know it may sound silly but my husband and I have had a horribly grueling week and somehow I got talked into picking up my boss's 7 year old from camp this afternoon and later to find out that he is staying the night.... Well I was able to resist the temptation of pouring a glass of wine or two and ordering pizza to cope with it.... Ok so as you are reading this you are probably thinking awe how cute a 7 year old. Well that's not my thought! We do want kids one day but I'm a huge fan of peace and quite and trust me there is non of that with this kid!

So glad we are actually turning into a thread again. It's really nice to have somewhere to vent and feel like I am not the only going through this.....
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #117  
Renaissance Woman

OMWD, if the only muffin top in my life is the one that I'm currently wearing because I've squeezed my backside into those 24s, I'll take it!

I have had a sucky day! I mean it sucked to high heaven! Oooooof! My mother is her own worst enemy, and mine. I don't know why I didn't become an alcoholic while growing up. Probably because I was addicted to food instead. The only good thing that came out of the day is that it has come to an end!

And...I didn't overeat! I was sorely tested, emotionally, and I did not succomb to fast food or vats of cheese when I got home. I didn't stuff myself at all. I stayed within my caloric budget. That is a victory for me! Woohoo! And now I get to go to bed!

I loves me a good NSV!!! They're so meaningful!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #118  

Confession here -
I miss the "glass of wine and a pizza" to cope with a big day! Friday evening especially. Winter here, Friday night footy on the telly, pizza, nice bottle of Pinot Grigio and the knowledge that I have a whole weekend to look forward to.........lovely!!!!
Once I have made a bigger dent in my weight loss target i will look forward to having that back ( in moderation of course)!!!

At the moment I am petrified as to what the scaly monster might think of pizza and wine if he doesn't like poached salmon and fruit salad!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #119  

Geoblewis- I am truly sorry that your mom is testing your limits. My mother has done that every day since my father passed away when I was 12. The only advice I can give you is that the more you achieve for yourself and do things that make you feel powerful the less her insanity will matter to you. Yes she will probably continue the same way she is now but you will be more in tune with what makes you happy. That's my scenario anyways.....
Amazing job not turning to food. My mother can drive me to drink and binge without even really trying.

MrsTee- I positively love the pizza and wine and would be lying if I said that I don't think about it almost daily. Ok so let's be honest almost hourly.
However as you have agreed with me that scaly monster is a real stern mistress.

So girls what are your plans for the holiday? Oh gee MrsTee I am kinda jealous. You don't have independence day on Monday over in Australia. Leave it to Americans to have a holiday that centers on eating and everything is covered in fat and sauces....lol

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to handle this..... I can't decide if I want to stick to plan or deviate a little and deal with the stern mistress on Tuesday.

Made a really, really yummy dinner tonight that was totally OP. It tasted decadent though. It's called pesto chicken. It was just chicken breasts with basil pesto baked and than broiled a bit of reduced fat mozzarella on top.

Well hope that your day was better today geoblewis and MrsTee I promise we will get our wine someday soon.

I think that is what makes me think that this time is different. Hat this time I can do it. I find myself weighing (no pun intended) my options on food a lot more seriously than before. I don't cheat on Sunday just cuz I can and haven't let to many things act as excuses why I can't diet.

The year is halfway over and ladies I know we can make some serious progress with whats left in 2011!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #120  

This is the roast turkey holiday right? Oh no- that is Thanksgiving?
So what does one cook for Independance Day? What is tradtitional? We have Australia Day on 26th January - full of Aussie BBQ's and summer foods.

Loosing weight I am the like the nursery rhyme the "girl with the curl" - when I am good I am very very good, but when I am bad I am horrid.

At the moment I am very very good, but when I loose momentum I struggle every single minute, hour, day.
So the trick for me is to stretch this good patch out over the 6 month mark - which is about as long as I normally last, which isn't long enough to get to goal....I Have lost 30 kilos or so several times but not gotten to a weight where I can say OK this will do!!
I hope to this time, get to a weight where I can then challene myself to maintain it. In my 50s now, so have far more health imperatives this time to be successful.