Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #31  

I hear you on the mentally and emotionally thing, I was wishing for the same thing, hoping to be down and for some reason the scales at WW said I stayed the same, but when I moved it went down 1 pound so took it as that. Its like things are just hanging on to you and not wanting to go anywhere darn clingon pounds

Today I went to the gym and found that the power had gone out to part of the town so I skipped to Target and came home with chocolate which sadly I did eat and now feel sick...haven't had chocolate in weeks so I'm guessing that's whats made me feel yuck.

I wish weight loss was magical to, but alas not, so keep on doing what you do and we will get out of this soon

to all
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #32  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Today I was in the mood for whole wheat pancakes at lunchtime. So I made some. I ate six! And a fried egg. And lots of butter. And some chicken breast. No syrup.

That happens to me sometimes, when I've been avoiding carbs for some time. Now I feel sleepy. Only have 400 calories left for dinner! I'm thinking a massive spinach salad would be just the thing. And then, early to bed!

I think a lack of sleep affects my ability to process calories. I don't know this for a fact, but when I haven't had enough sleep for several nights, I don't feel so active during the day, and weight loss stalls. I also tend to overeat to compensate for the low energy.

I'm not thinking too clearly right now. Nap time!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 310/295/165

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry to hear about your puppy geoblewis. I wish the best to you and your family.

I think I will join you in your thread here. I'm at 298/299. My highest was 310. I hit that last summer.

I'm trying to exercise more. I've only been to the gym twice this week though. I'm getting over my embarrassment of clomping on the treadmill. I always feel guilty because I can't move very fast and I don't like pain. I have a personal training session next week. I'm sort of excited for that.

I hope everyone is having a good week (or that it gets better if you're not).

Last edited by CheekyChicky; 05-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.
CheekyChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

Welcome Cheeky! Happy to have you here! And thank you for the condolences.

I started this thread, but I've not officially "arrived" in the 290s. I use visiting here as mental motivation.

I'm so close, again. I dropped down to 302 again today. But it's not going to be a good day. Whenever I have to spend time with my mother, it's not a good day. I think I hang on to my sunny disposition as a rebellion against her, because she is such a downer! She's wired that way! Today she's trying to drag me down to a depressed state, like we're depressed twins. Not doing it!

I love having personal attention from a trainer, Cheeky. I hope it goes well for you. Do you know what your fitness goals are? Mine are to help me defy the aging process. Don't care to run a marathon or to participate in grand feats of strength and endurance. Just want to keep hauling the laundry in from the garage and to go dancing later and not have to take an Advil for it. Oh, and I want to intimidate the ex. But I think I already do that with my mind...bwah-ha-ha!

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-20-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #35  

Geo, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. How tragic.

I vacationed for a week and maintained the weight, so I'm happy. Still at 301.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Really sorry to hear about your puppy. I am a huge animal lover and don't know how I would deal with losing one right now.

I am getting closer and closer to getting out of the 300's. I have dieted many times over the years. A few times with great progress but I always gained it back and than some. This last time I blew up to 322.

I will be 30 in a year and half and I am NOT I repeat NOT going to start my 30's like this. My husband and I would like to have children about than so if I don't get on this weight loss thing than we might miss our opportunity.

I am doing the South Beach diet which I LOVE..... I must say it makes it fairly easy not to falter. I have been weighing in every day or so and for the last few days it would show 1/2 a lb a day which was driving me bonkers. ( I'm not sure why since at that rate I would be at my goal within a year. I think it might be because I am so big now it seems like forever till I get to somewhere I will be ok with) anyways jumped on the scale this morning and poof down 2lbs.

All the rest keep it up. We can do this. ONE POUND AT A TIME

By the way thank you for posting this thread. It is really nice to see I am not the only one that is struggling with this.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #37  

Hi all!
I have been away for the weekend, but I'm ready to keep up with my routine (though I don't have much of one).

geoblewis, don't let your mom get to you! I know that can be hard, because they always seem to know JUST what to say to depress you.

As far as my fitness goals-- like KeysFoodie, I want to lose weight in preparation for the time when I want to start a family. Next, my family has a history of diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol etc. Luckily, I've never had any indication of these ailments. The only thing off has been my weight, so I want to take care of that in an effort to continue staving off any ailments that I may be prone to genetically. I want to keep my health. Lastly, I just want to feel good about myself. I grew up believing that I wasn't allowed to feel good because of my weight. I'm sick of that crap. I want to really live.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #38  
Renaissance Woman

Had a stretch of a few bad days, weight went up to 307.5, but yesterday I got back on the plan and today I'm back down to 304. I feel like my head is screwed back on straight again. I had a really good night's sleep last night. Makes all the difference in the world!

Cheeky and Keys, I think you have excellent, real goals and motivation. The healthier you are, the healthier those babies will be. And the more energy you'll have to keep up with them!

Hyacinth, I'm happy to hear of your maintenance on vacation. I've got some summer travel coming up and I'm a bit worried about it all. Or at least part of it. For four days I'll be with a group of wine-drinking power shoppers. We're renting a house in West Hollywood (splitting the cost was cheaper than staying at a hotel!) and there will be lots of reminscing and wine drinking. The good part is that we'll be walking all over the place to go shopping (they're shopping, I'm just walking and providing comic relief). We'll be eating out a lot, so I'm making plans to stick to the coffee at breakfast, and do salads and lean proteins for lunch and dinner. The rest of that week will be spent with my girlfriend in Redondo Beach. Lots of time walking to the beach. And she never eats! And the following week, I'm going to a conference in San Francisco where I'll be sitting a lot. The conference is providing breakfast and lunch. I went last year and the food was okay...I'm more worried about eating something with soy and having it ruin my time there. They'll serve baked fish and salads and veggies, so I can dress them with lemon juice and be okay. It would be so cool if I lost weight! Sometimes that happens for me on vacation, when I'm walking a lot and don't have time to eat.

But I'm shooting for being in the 290s by the end of May!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #39  

geoblewis- Good luck with the travel. On my honeymoon two years ago we walked soooooo much that even though I hate a ton I still maintained. However if I had of showed some self control I would have lost some. Hopefully my mindset now is better =)

On a depressing note I have been losing and losing and this morning I got up and even though I didnt eat ANYTHING off plan yesterday I gained.... AGGGG Oh well still stayed on plan today and haven't missed a day of the treadmill yet! Maybe tomorrow will show better results.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #40  

geoblewis-You can make those 290s by the end of May! I find that sometimes a chance to relax on vacation will actually help me drop a couple of pounds. Have fun traveling. I'm sure you've got a handle on everything.

Keys- I hate when that happens. I know that everyone says "well maybe you're building muscle," but it could be the case.

So, I went to my first training session yesterday and we actually talked a lot about diet and planned for me to workout 3x per week with alternating cardio/weights and then I can do additional cardio the other two days. We set a calorie limit. I HATE calorie counting, but I know that it's one of the best ways to lose weight.

Today was my first group fitness workout.... OUUUUCH. My thighs are on fire. I just keep telling myself that it's a good pain. I made it through the whole workout without stopping or giving up, so I know that I can do it. No excuses now!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #41  
Renaissance Woman

Cheeky, you reminded me of my first few weeks in Pilates class a year ago. I only went twice a week, and it was the most basic beginner class. Just learning how to breathe right was intimidating! I recall getting half way through my first class and wondering why I wanted to cry so badly. I kept comparing myself with everyone else. And they were all so tiny and could already do everything. I felt so out of place and so self-conscious.

I'm so glad I muscled through. I'm still amazed I stuck with it for so long! I mean really! I have ADD and I get so bored with anything repetitive! But my trainer is so encouraging, and she totally taps into my need for recognition when I accomplish something. She points out to everyone when I'm achieving something they've been doing all along. And they all cheer! I can now do a lot of the advanced progressions of some of the moves. It's a real accomplishment for which I'm very proud.

Hang in there, Keys! I'm struggling too. Getting vertigo from the movement on the scale...up, down, up, down...makes no sense at all sometimes! Let's be like Dory..."swimmin', swimmin', just keep swimmin'..."
Old 05-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #42  

Hey hey!!

Just dropped by to say I CANNOT WAIT to join you here!!!!!
Much as I love the ladies of the 300+ I am looking forward to being in this thread instead - and it's only a matter of time until they all head over here...

I am 11 lbs away from here - so don't let the thread die - please wait for me......

MRS T
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #43  
Renaissance Woman

Mrs. T, I so look forward to having you join us here. I'm not actually here in an official capacity. But I just like to come here and chat with those who have succeeded and try on what it feels like being here. Cheeky's earned her spot here, and there are a few of us just on the cusp of arriving.

I weighed in at 304 lbs for the second day in a row. So darn close! I too am so ready to be here, and I look forward to all our friends arriving from the other thread.

I promise to leave the light on for you!

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #44  
Renaissance Woman

Feeling hungry SUCKS to high heaven!

I don't know how anorexic people do it. I know it's a control thing, but really, could I just have a piece of that for the next 100 lbs? Or even for just the next 20? I know I have enough "stored energy" on my body to feed my metabolism for quite some time. Just took my vitamins and supplements. Drinking plenty of water. I'm determined. Today is the day I bust calories down to 1300!

I'm keeping busy with housework today, but have assigned kitchen duty to my sons. Must stay out of there till 5! I moved my rowing machine to the backyard. I want to row outside in the fresh air. Going to do some planks this evening too. Want to shed more of my middle right now to fit into some new pants. Just need to lose an inch of belly. Oddly, in the last two weeks, I've lost .75" in my waist measurement but gained a pound.

Okay, that's enough for the e-solace. I have replaced compulsive eating with 3FC!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #45  

303.5 this morning and today I feel great. Don't disappear on me before I get the other few pounds off to join u