Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #16  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiSara View Post
this is something we rarely eat
Oh, I know. I've spent quite a bit of time in London, and while I had breakfast out a lot, I never noticed anyone but American tourists order it! Wait till I put up the All-American breakfast stats on Independance Day!

Repto - I really worked the water-loss yesterday, and it worked. Back down 4.5 lbs to 306.5! I am so relieved! Squeezed the pee outta me!

Off to Pilates...looking forward to some good planks today.

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-04-2011 at 12:07 PM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

awesome georgia!!!!!!!! i was down .4, so exactly 315..
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #18  

Hi, glad to see a thread about the 290s! I haven't been all that committed to losing weight recently, but have been eating better simply because I'm trying to save money by cooking at home.

My weight has hovered between 306 and maybe 313 for quite a while. I hadn't stepped on the scale for a few weeks, and expected my weight to be at the top of that range. Imagine my surprise when the scale read 301!

I'm happy the 290s are unexpectedly close. I hope to make it to 299 in the next week.

Geo, your textile supply sounds intriguing! How cool that you can make yourself some unique clothing with it.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #19  

awww hyacinth---i love keeping up appearances!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, everyone...Glad to see a 290s thread here.

I hit my highest ever of 294 last summer, and have been yo-yo'ing between that and about 288 ever since.

I can't stand the way I feel though, and I feel myself getting more and more limited in what I can do with each passing day, so I'm getting ready to start again in the morning.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to suffer through another summer being this big, but I guess I will after all.

Maybe NEXT year I'll have more of this off, and will be more comfortable.

Look forward to talking with everyone.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Oh Truffle! You can do this, each moment is a new moment. Thats the attitude I have now and it is beautiful and freeing
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #22  
Renaissance Woman

Thought I'd pop in for a bit before going to bed...been out all weekend. Haven't weighed myself till just now. I know, why weigh myself at the end of the day? I'm just curious and anticipatory. Sometimes I weigh myself at the end of the day just to see how much I drop during the night just sleeping. It's odd. Some nights I can sleep away as much as four pounds. Other nights, I can gain a pound. Those are the real head-scratchers. How do I gain a pound overnight?

Anyway, I weighed in at 308 lbs, after eating 1900 calories today. I was craving chicken tonight, so I went over the limit. I'll weigh myself just before I eat tomorrow. If it's one of those nights when I lose four pounds, I will be so happy!

Welcome to the new club members! Chat with you later!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #23  
Renaissance Woman

I completed a 22 hour fast last night. My first big fast in a long time. I felt just fine at the end of it, well, a bit woozy, but okay. I just started getting edgy about not eating and so I made myself a good dinner. I'll weigh in later today, just before I eat again.

This morning, the fasting effort has left me feeling in charge of my appetite. Excellent result! I do own my appetite! This feels good!

Off to Pilates...yesterday, I went to Pilates and did upper body weight training while fasting around 20 hours. That was an interesting feeling!

By the way, got down to 305 this week!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #24  

Hi

I'm glad this is here too!! I'm nearly out of the 300s and I'm not going back again

WTG on the 305 we will ALL get there soon!!
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #25  

sorry haven't been posting, was a rough week..but i am back
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #26  
Renaissance Woman

Hey Repto...I've had a rough week too. My sweet little dog Chloe, just over a year old, escaped through the door and ran out into the street and was killed by a passing car. We're all devastated at my house, and we miss her terribly. My younger son is having a particularly bad time.

Because how hard this has been for the last two days, I haven't eaten much of anything. I got up this morning to weigh myself, finally, and found the scale telling me I weighed 300.5 lbs. And because I am still feeling such sadness, I didn't really care at all. I'm going to drop below 300 this week and it's going to be a non-event.

I don't feel like eating at all. I just feel like cleaning, of all things. Yesterday, I cleaned the laundry room and a bathroom. Today I did all the dishes and put away Chloe's dog food and bowls. I'm about to vacuum and steam mop the floor in there. She was in the process of shedding hair for warmer weather, so there's still a lot of Chloe in the house.

I think that later today, we need to get out of the house for a little bit. Maybe we'll go walk the mall in the next town. And maybe tomorrow I'll get back to Pilates class.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #27  

omg georgia you are breaking my heart
i wish there was something i could say to ease your pain, it is so damn hard to lose an animal, and i am so terrified of my dawgter getting out in traffic. you and your son truly have my deepest sympathy
Old 05-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #28  
Renaissance Woman

Thank you Repto. I'm sitting at my desk by my bedroom window and seeing other people out, walking their little pooches. Chloe used to sit on my bed and watch them all go by and bark at them until we got dressed to take her out every morning. Mornings are the hardest.

Stayed away from food and the kitchen most of the day yesterday. The idea of cooking doesn't appeal to me at all. So last night, for dinner, I picked up a couple Papa Murphy's DeLite pizzas for us. And I really chowed on that. I don't even know if I was hungry when I started eating. But by the end of the evening, I had eaten five slices of pizza and salad. Less pizza than I used to eat, but I went over my goal weight BMR caloric limit for the day by 238 calories.

I haven't had enough water to drink for the last couple days, so I drank extra water yesterday. I know that between the salty pizza and extra carbs, plus extra water, that's why I saw a gain of one pound on the scale this morning. It'll all balance out soon enough.

I have not felt like exercising at all. But I have been cleaning. A lot. I scoured the laundry room, got all the laundry done and put away, and started scouring the bathrooms yesterday. The kitchen is clean, as is the living room and dining room. Today, I think I'm going to finally go through paperwork that's been piling up in my bedroom. I don't know. Physical work feels better right now. Not brain work.

I read recently that while it is good to do weight training to build muscle and for bone density health, when it comes to burning calories, we burn more calories in a day using our organs and our brain than we do using our muscles. Because the organs and brain are constantly working. So it makes sense why sitting at a desk thinking all day can be exhausting, even though it feels like we haven't done anything.

Maybe I can burn more calories if I ramp up my ADD tendencies more instead of trying to supress and control them.

I'm going to try to get some creative work started. I'm behind on a couple projects for clients. Maybe writing code burns calories too.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #29  

Im so sorry to hear about Chloe, it is very hard when that happens to everyone in the family.
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #30  
Renaissance Woman

Thank you Sue. Toughest times are the mornings and going to bed at night. She was a snuggler.

I was so mentally and emotionally prepared to weigh less than 300 lbs this morning. Yesterday I weighed in right at 300 and I felt so relieved to finally get there. I ate completely on target yesterday...until around 10 pm. When I just craved pumpkin seeds. Actually, I craved Oreo cookies, something for which I NEVER have cravings. I rummaged through the kitchen. Should have had a plum, but had to go for the pumpkin seeds. Low sodium, dry roasted...just 1/4 cup. Out me over on calories by just 360. Did not weigh that much. I justified...

So I just weighed in at 303.5 lb. I'm not mad...I'm not losing my resolve...I'm not even frustrated. I rather expected to bounce between the 290s and the 300s for about a week. I won't feel totally at home in the 200s until I'm even out of this thread and into the 280s, I think.

Still, I was hopeful for something magical to happen. But weight loss isn't magical. It didn't come on magically. It won't just fall off because I wish it would. I wasn't going to abandon the plan once I hit 299, so I'll just get right back to it. And besides, that was my early morning weight. I don't count that one since starting the intermittent fasting. The one that counts is the one just before my first meal, around noon.

Time to make coffee. And take some cranberry capsules!