Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #16  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Okay, so I picked another recipe from ani's book for dinner:

marinated portabello steak and brazil broccoli mash with mushroom gravy.

BUT, I'm using regular white mushrooms instead of portabellos because I dont' have time to marinate a mushroom that thick. haha.

I'm kind of excited, it sounds so good! (I'm also using walnuts as I am out of brazil nuts. )

Have you tried this? I'll let you know how it turns out!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #17  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Yeah! so glad you enjoyed the juice. I just love how many greens you can cram in with just a little sweet taste.. I am shooting for pound of greens today (kale, spinach and romaine combo)! I have plenty of mango, and banana. I am out of fresh pineapple though.. bummer.

This morning I had a pretty bad headache. I am sure it's detox.. ugg. Have you had any signs yet? I also get sinus yuck. I read a while ago that sinus junk is related to your liver trying to cleanse. I am adding in milk thistle to help my liver and also working on my own "V8" recipe. Fresh beet is a very powerful liver cleanse.. so much so that I have read you should never use more than a half beet a day. When I did Raw last Summer I had this veggie combo often.. I really enjoyed it. I think it was cucumber, celery, lime, beet, tomato, carrot, parsley and ginger. I also sometimes added cilantro and jalapeno for a kick.. I LOVED this stuff. It's allot of work really but I found that after a while I craved more and more savory juices and less fruit ones.

Have a great day!
Talk to you soon.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #18  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Oh and YES.. it is so good! I had something very similar (the mushroom recipe) at Cafe 118 deg. here last Summer.. It was marinated overnight. I think you will like the reg. mushrooms but try it with the portobellos sometimes too! The longer you marinate the better they taste.. I use Nama Shoyu, garlic and Lapsang Souchong tea (gives it a smokey flavor - was the secret ingredient in the ones at Cafe 118.. I got to be good friends with the waitress and she shared!) as a base for marinate and just sort of play with it.

They had a side dish that was grated jicama and avocado with dillweed.. sort of like a "potato salad".. dish. It was excellent and I have made it at home too.

Weeeeeeeee, this is getting FUN!

I ALSO have a stuffed mushroom recipe that is amazing.. do you have a dehydrator?

Last edited by Runundefined; 04-28-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I remembered this thread when I saw this link. Maybe you two could use some of the recipes?

http://blisstree.com/eat/healthy-bak...ing-cleansing/

If the link gets removed, let me know and I'll PM it to you
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #20  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

auuuuugh. I had to stop the raw. I have lost 2 lbs but I started craving cheese and meat which I haven't craved since going vegan last year so I think I"m not getting enough protein.

I didn't have enough today either cuz I didn't realize what was going on.

I will have to do it again later and plan better. Maybe get those fruit juice protein shots.

I"m so sensitive to protein amounts. Augh.

Sorry though! I will still be trying to get in more raw/juices and such.

I didn't get to have juice today. Sadness. Going to do s pinach kale and pineapple tomorrow.

When I get some protein shots maybe I'll do a 2-3 day juice fast.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote