Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #16  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Going to my sister's. She's making the lamb, new potatoes and asparagus. I'm bringing salmon, wine and a special traditional Greek dessert. Mom's bringing her spinach pie and her special traditional Greek judgement.

Maybe I'll bring extra wine...

Last edited by geoblewis; 04-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #17  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I got the leanest cut of ham I could find and will also be making mashed potatoes for hubby, mashed sweet potato for me, corn on the cob, and grilled zucchini and yellow squash. I also plan to allow myself 1 cadbury creme egg for an Easter treat.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #18  

Found out that my mom is making ham, which I dislike as I usually find it way too salty.

So I offered to make a really sweet stuffed pork tenderloin with apples, bread crumbs, and herbs. I like the idea of sweet potato instead of regular potatoes FitGirlyGirl; I think I'm going to have to steal it from you. Do you season it with anything?

I'm saving up enough calories to enjoy some treats, but not go overboard. I don't plan to wander too far from my plan, but it's one of the few times in the year I get a long weekend (working on Sundays really blows) so I plan to enjoy it and if I mess up too much, I'm not going to feel guilty. I'll just get back on the horse when I get back to work on Tuesday.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 246/221/150

Height: 5'4

Now that sounds great! You've inspired me to make healthy foods to bring with me to my Easter dinner.
kmplmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Luckily our Easter dinner is around 3 pm, so it can cover lunch and dinner. I'll have a regular breakfast and morning snack, a healthy appetizer when I get there (I'm assigned appetizers), and then a taste of all the good stuff with a lot of salad for dinner.

I am a calorie counter, so once I figure out what that all adds up to, I'll see if there is any room for a treat. I'm going to bring fresh berries that I can have for dessert just in case.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #21  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

RainbowGirl - I put some butter buds in and a bit of light sour cream and depending on how thick I want them sometimes some fat free milk. Sometimes I will add some cinnamon and splenda to just a single serving of them to make them desert like, but I only do that at the time that I'm eating them, if you store them with splenda in them they get a funny taste sometimes.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #22  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
We are grilling jumbo shrimp and squash outside on the barbecue, served with a big garden salad and sun tea. Fresh strawberries and cantelope for dessert. Yummy!
this sounds so amazingly good.

i'm not sure what the plan is for easter, all i've got on my schedule is church in the morning with my fiance, and then he's leaving shortly after to head back to school (for the LAST stretch of long distance time until we get married, yay!). i know my parents will be back in town, so i will probably head over to their place. not sure what mom's gonna make, probably nothing fancy since she's been traveling all week. no matter what she makes though, i'll be having some of everything, because my mother is an amazing cook and her food is always delicious. but like i've done before, i'll get small portions and fill up on carrots or something
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote