January Points Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Ok, well it'll be 2003 in just a few days and I'm sure we are all ready to get off our behinds and do this thing through the roof! So here goes the January Points challenge!!

Since this is a monthly challenge, it will start on the 1st and the day of the month is the day of the challenge. You need to post your points on a daily basis. (But a catch-up post is always fine too!!) But instead of there being a post for every day. Simply reply to this post with the day that you are posting for and put your points. I will still calculate and post the totals, but they will be in this post also. Don't worry about it getting too huge, Jennifer and I will be working together to keep it trimmed down, once I have tallied your post.

For those of you who have NO IDEA what I am talking about - here are the details. Sometimes we work our hardest when we are held accountable. So I challenge you to do your very best for 28 days and we'll see who wins!!

Here is how it's going to go. Starting Wednesday, January 1, 2003. We will try to do the 3 things that work. Food, water & exercise. You decide what your food plan is, how much water you want to drink and how much exercise you want to get every day. Every day you have the opportunity to earn 4 points.

2 point for sticking with your food plan
    1 point for drinking the amount of water you decided on
    1 point for getting some exercise.

Post out here every day with how many points you've earned for a given day, and I will keep track. We'll see who's doing the best after 28 days.

This is a very cool way to keep on track, because even if you don't do so great on food, you might still get in your water and exercise to earn the points!

Who's with me???? We start on Wednesday!!!!
  • January 26th and this is where we stand!!!

Out of 104 points, this is where we are!!

87 ~ snowball1
    84 ~ KittyMilk
    80 ~ gonzostar
    78 ~ Daners
    78 ~ Nic251
    68 ~ Sheila53
    66 ~ Raelynn
    64 ~ IsabellaMay
    61 ~ JacobsMommy
    60 ~ SuchAPrettyFace
    58 ~ soiley
    52 ~ BA99TJ
    49 ~ aprylcadabra
    38 ~ slimdown
    24 ~ Goddess Jessica
    16 ~ Jenniffer
    16 ~ Gorda
    12 ~ csbutton
    12 ~ RubyBlue
    8 ~ bella23
  • Tallies have been updated!!!

Soiley - I am missing points for Day 20 and Day 21.

Bella!! - Your welcome to join at any time! You go girl!!

Sheila - Aloha! Welcome back! Missed Ya! how was it?

I have a question for those who point. This challenge was designed to run 28 days. In the past that's where I stopped it. At the moment, I can't remember why I had it set to stop at 28 days. I think it might have been when we tried keeping track of exercise on a weekly basis. ANYWAY. Should I run the challenge 28 days or the whole month. Just let me know what you think!!

We are having an AWESOME month!! Keep it up girls!!!
  • Sandi: I think the whole month.

Day 25- 3 pts
    day 26- 2 pts
  • The whole month! I need some time to regroup. . .

Day 26=1 pt.

Sheesh--I did better in Hawaii. It was lots of fun, JacobsMommy. I never had the desire to go to Hawaii, but now that I've been, I want to go back. I just put on my swimsuit and said to heck with everyone else and went out and had fun.
  • I like the whole month idea too. I am leaving for Atlanta, GA on Wednesday morning though, and won't be back to post any points for the 29th-31st until the 2nd of Feb. I'm planning to be OP while there. The H2O & exercise should be no problem, and I've been doing research for point values of nearby foods from the location of the conference, so I'm utterly optimistic about staying OP this week. So I guess I'm asking if I can do a catch up post on the 2nd, or if that would be too late?

Day 26--3 Pts.
  • Day 26- 2 pts

Did better today though, then I have in a while, not nearly as off plann as normal.
  • day 26 - 0
  • Day 24 - 3pts
    Day 25 - 2pts
    Day 26 - 3pts
  • Sandi.. I don't know what days you are missing for me..
    but I know I had water everyday.. (except for day 25)
    day 18-24 1 point
    day 25 0 points
    day 26 1 point

let me know if you have any questions.
  • eh. day 26 - 2 points. i did 2 workouts though!
  • Day 27= 4 pts.

Back in the saddle again, la la la. But not looking forward to Friday's weigh-in. One of my 2003 goals was to go to WW meetings even though I know I've gained so I will be strong!
  • day 27- 2 pts
  • day 27--4 pts
  • Day 26 4 points