Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default OT: Another stupid show I watch LOL

OK, I'm doomed - I read on here somewhere that successful dieters watch no more than 10 hours of TV per week. yah... I go over that

Extreme COUPONING!!! hahaha such a fun show, people who had some definite compulsive tendancies but channeling it for cash savings LOL it's really fun! A woman with a husband and 4 big sons to feed, got 600$ worth of groceries for about $6 dollars!!! it's crazy business, and they attack it like a military campaign.

And their storage rooms of products, it's like Hoarders except it's all so nice and tidy, all nicely and neatly stacked like a store!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #2  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

I just saw that show for the first time a couple nights ago... it's just insane!

I would love to be able to do what they do, but on a much smaller scale... I do not need 80 bottles of mustard, I couldn't use that much mustard in my lifetime.

and I thought it was like hoarding, also. Neat, tidy hoarding. Why would you buy 50 rolls of toilet paper when you have 100 rolls stashed under your child's bed? haha.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am totally screwed then. I think I watch more than that! I'd say 2-4 hours a day depending on the day of the week!

M: 2
T: 3
W: 3
Th: 2
F: 2
Sat/Sun: total toss up depending on my plans so that's at least 12 hours a week! Probably closer to 15-20 with weekends!

Do movies count? lol I do have netflix too and watch 1 movie a week, sometimes 2.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #4  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

I saw that "Extreme Couponing" and what I noticed was that they all had tons of junk in their "stock piles" 300 bags of chips, 100 gallon-bottles of gatorade, etc. nobody had any fresh fruit or vegetables...but I think they are fun to watch and I have to admit, I've started couponing myself! And I have saved tons in the past few weeks.
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is just another form of hoarding. You can't possibly use all that stuff.
Sure, you save a lot of money but much of it has to be thrown away, it will pass it's expiration date and flour and rice will attract bugs. Ants will get into the sugar. In the long run you don't save that much when you have to throw it out.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote