Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default For fun...you can't eat and _____

I have a few choc. chips sitting here and I just popped in an old favorite CD. I can't help but sing along! And I realized...I can not eat and sing! So the next time I have to have this darn chocolate, I think I'll pop in some music.

What can't you do while eating?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Crochet- great habit I picked up
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

My kids were just put down for their naps (a 4 and 2 year old, plus a six month old, napping simultaneously? I always feel talented for pulling that off ) and now it is my workout time. I can't sit on the stationary bike and eat, I'd choke and it would be embarrassing
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
THIS.

...but yarn addiction is no laughing matter. *grins*
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Paint my nails! And the smell on my hands keeps me away from food for awhile.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #6  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Brush my teeth! Then the half hour it takes for the toothpaste and mouthwash taste to be gone is often enough to get past the craving!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Sadly I can crochet and eat, and often have (the secret is dark or mixed colors in acrylic - just pop in the wash when you're done).

However, I've started crocheting in white and light colored wool. That keeps me from nibblin'

and when the temptation is really strong - there's always knitting, which requires more work from both hands. I'm new to knitting, and, and I'm sure if I gave it some thought I'd find a way to do it, but it's still too new for me to even consider it. I hate interrupting my knitting even going to the bathroom, because I'm so afraid to drop stitches.

The thing is with crochet, because I have eaten while crocheting in the past (not often, but often enough for it to cross my mind) I still have cravings while I crochet. But with knitting, I don't have that association, so I don't even think of eating while knitting once I get into it.

I know it's awful, but I'm a bed eater too. Hubby wasn't when I met him, but we've made "bed snacks" such a nightly tradition that the cat has learned to expect it, and will complain loudly if the "bed snacks" do not meet with her approval (essentially if they're not crispy carbs, or smoked pork. She has an insane passion for ham and bacon. She will do silly tricks for a microscopic spec of bacon).

Lately, she's been complaining alot lately about the bed-snack quality. Usually hubby and I have different styles of dieting, and often are out-of-sync, so there usually was a good chance that one of us would have a bed snack that met with her approval, especially hubby's "crispy carb" snacks (the hubz and the cat are Dorito fiends).

Lately Hubby and I have been more in sync, so there's fewer and fewer bed snacks that meet with her approval.

What's funny is that I do have a (bad, I know) habit of giving her a tiny sample of whatever I have, so she can at least sniff it. She'll eat some veggies (and likes the yogurt dip), but apples and oranges get loud and grumpy Meows that I'm pretty sure in Cat mean "What the heck is this crap, and where the heck are the Doritos!"

Last edited by kaplods; 04-09-2011 at 03:06 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFrogs View Post
THIS.

...but yarn addiction is no laughing matter. *grins*

Yikes, I have a major yarn problem. My stash fills three large Rubbermaid tubs (which is actually quite an improvement. It was easily twice that a year ago).

Hubby and I have agreed on a "rule" that to buy yarn, it had to be for a specific project in mind (with occasional exceptions for ridiculous bargains).

Which means I haven't bought much new or full-priced yarn, but when I find amazing bargains on clearance, or in consignment and thrift shops all bets are off.

I have a moderate mildew/mold allergy and a milder tobacco allergy, so hubby has to do the "sniff test" before I buy anything (he yells at me if I put my nose anywhere near a skein of yarn at the Goodwill. Can't blame him, I get red and itchy if there's even a touch of allergen).

Still, I can't resist the prices because I've found yarns in fibers I'd never be able to afford new. And smelly icky stuff is really very rare. I don't know if people don't donate the junk or if the sorters are just really good at weeding it out.

My best find was a maybe 8 to 10 skeins of handdyed wool/mohair for $4 (and each skein would have cost me about $8-12 if I'd had to pay retail).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I used to work at a yarn store and am a fiber artist (dyer, spinner, and teacher). Knitting is my favorite, though I don't get much time these days with my hands full of kids, but I DEFINITELY can't knit and eat!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #10  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

...have a shower Soggy food not good!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

You can't eat and...clean the house...seriously food with bleachy rubber gloves on? No thankyou!!
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Hubby and I have agreed on a "rule" that to buy yarn, it had to be for a specific project in mind (with occasional exceptions for ridiculous bargains).
It's actually the opposite for me - I pretty much have to have a specific project in mind before I'll make a purchase. Since we live over 100 miles from the nearest yarn access point, Mr. Frogs encourages me to get things that I like - so that I'll have it when/if inspiration strikes...but if I don't know what I'm making, I don't know the yardage I need, and what if I run out?! A half-completed anything with a mismatched dye lot would make me a sad panda, indeed.

So, I'll look and touch and pet and certainly covet...but only buy if I truly want it or have an idea as to said yarn's probable fate.

*yarn daydreams*

Veering back onto topic...any crafting, really. I once knew an old fellow who quit smoking by taking up whittling.
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ha so fun! I could never eat while driving, so I've kept that one! Can't eat in bed either, I love my beautiful bed/sheets way too much. Can't eat while doing my crossword puzzles (my nickname to some is "Stanley" from the Office hahha) thinking AND writing makes it impossilbe! Knitting keeps my hands busy at times but I don't love it... playing Wii, can't eat while beating the snot out of an avatar hahahh I pretend it's the body of the voice when she would tell me so snottily 'oooofph too fat" BAM in the kisser beeyotch! hahahah

Cleaning is my go-to tho, can't eat while vacuuming, or scrubbing toilets, or swiffering etc., helped me lose weight and have the cleanest house in the world LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #14  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
Cleaning is my go-to tho, can't eat while vacuuming, or scrubbing toilets, or swiffering etc., helped me lose weight and have the cleanest house in the world LOL
This one for me too, I wash dishes by hand and soapsuds do not mix with any finger food.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #15  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I can't eat and cross stitch, it gets my project all nasty and I do projects that can't be washed.

ETA: Caveat to that is popcorn. Because I have, in fact, learned how to eat popcorn without any hands at all.

Last edited by Gale02; 04-09-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote