3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's for dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/230097-whats-dinner.html)

Angie 04-08-2011 11:40 AM

What's for dinner?

Just looking for some good ideas for meals this weekend and the coming week.

Tonight we are having grilled chicken burgers with turnip fries. Turnip fries will be a first for us, they were suggested to my by someone here, and I'm going to do them on the BBQ in a basket thingy. I'm saving some calories for smart-pop popcorn later in the evening. :p

Munchy 04-08-2011 11:45 AM

Mussels Fra Diavolo, broiled sea scallops with a lemon wine sauce over mixed vegetables. Lest you think I'm making this, it's a night out with the boyfriend :)

romainelettuce 04-08-2011 11:58 AM

Ugggh both dinners make mine look horrible. I work tonight and didn't have time to make dinner before I left, so it's minestrone soup from a box. 200cal for the whole thing and I'll get some vegetables in beforehand.

I really really reeeeally want to try the turnip fries.

kateleestar 04-08-2011 12:03 PM

I have a class reunion meeting, so we're eating at the country club it's taking place at. I've looked at the online menu, but tragically Firestone country club doesn't think it's necessary to HELP ME OUT by listing nutritional information. SO. (Jerks!) I plan to get either the "Pitt Salad" which is sirloin over romain with tomato, cucumbers and egg with Ranch on the side... And maybe a side of fries. I know, horrid, lol. I LOVE FRIES! ;)

Also, having sushi for lunch. WOOHA!

:carrot:

Beck 04-08-2011 12:16 PM

Coconut curry fish, veggies, and rice noodles. I use a firm fish- either cod or pollack, cook in a little oil until about 3/4 of the way done. While the fish is cooking I steam petite carrots and sugar snap peas (then set aside to add later). I saute onions, red peppers, and mushrooms; add coconut milk and curry powder; add dry rice noodles to the curry mixture (push down into liquid so they'll cook), place fish on top of that, then the carrots and peas- then the whole lot is steamed until the fish is finished cooking. It's delicious, and my whole family loves it.

JamiSue3916 04-08-2011 12:38 PM

Baked chicken and roasted asaparagus. Sweet and simple!

Ky30 04-08-2011 12:39 PM

Veggie Lasagne and salad. Tomorrow is Taco night we always make our tacos with ground turkey, use wheat taco shells, use fat free shredded cheese and sour cream, salsa, lots of lettuce, and tomatoes. Not sure about Sunday yet.

fatferretfanatic 04-08-2011 12:40 PM

I might make a quiche; they're quick and easy and have great protein.

Sandi 04-08-2011 01:01 PM

We have to run to Sam's club, so I am going to grab a rotisserie chicken. That with a salad and maybe some potato.

FitGirlyGirl 04-08-2011 02:09 PM

I'm going to be making a chicken curry. I have been craving some fresh coconut, so I got one which I will be getting into today. If there's fresh coconut milk in the house, what choice do I have but to make curry, right? ;) I'm going to be putting it over red rice, I haven't decided yet which veggies are going in it.

jitterfish 04-08-2011 04:25 PM

We're doing curry too, completely from scratch. DH is grinding spices atm.

supergir111 04-08-2011 04:33 PM

Turkey mince, peppers and noodles

ilidawn 04-08-2011 04:33 PM

I've got leftovers. Broiled chicken with powdered ginger, onion, garlic and a tiny bit of louisiana hot sauce to season it and maybe a small amount of leftover rice. For a snack I've got some baked tofu left and broccoli and cheese sounds good.

I know I'm not the healthiest eater but compared to things I used to eat and cooking methods I've gotten better :)

Angie 04-08-2011 10:34 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I definitely see some curry in my future and maybe a turkey-taco night too :)