Getting out of the 180's - PART 2

You're on Page 1 of 37
Go to
  • Please start using this thread!!
  • Oh, my...we broke out of our old thread! Perhaps this means we'll soon be breaking out of the 180's!!
  • Look at that! LOL Hope that'll help us break out of the 180s. But I have a huge barrier. I did everything right and was up a pound this morning! I hate that!
  • Wow, onto part 2!! This must have been a popular weight range to be in!!

Stacy ~ Keep pushing through, girl...don't let it get the best of you...you can do it!
  • Hey, new thread! which hopefully will see us here for a very small amount of time!
  • Well- I was 180.2 on my morning weigh in! I am happy I am back there- but anxius to get into the 170s!
  • I'm failing at this
  • WI tomorrow...not feeling too optimistic this week. Hoping for a "no gain."

Stacy...you're almost outta here!

Thaisccs: How are you failing?? I do NOT see a failure!
  • Northern, hun... it's been so difficult lately... I was down to 184lb flat and now I'm up to 185 again... so disappointing...

But thank you for that... I just need to find a way to keep my spirit up!
  • Hi Everyone!

Well after last weekend of eating rather poorly and then being sick for a few days, I'm now hovering 183 again...oh well..I'll get there.

GIRLS!! Why are the 180s so so hard to crack?

Let's just keep on keeping on and eventually our bodies have to listen to us !!

Have a great day girls!
  • Thaiscs, I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I know people always say "I know how you feel" when they have no clue, but I really DO know how you feel!

Of course we all know the *factual* explanations behind fluctuations, plateaus, etc., and that can help satisfy the logical part of our brains...but it doesn't do much for the emotional reaction we have when the scale just won't go in the right direction, no matter how hard you've worked or how "good" you've done.

Hugs! Just keep trying, OK? It will get better.

Novelista: I too was sick and now just FINALLY getting over TOM. I don't think the scale is going to be too kind to me this week. Here's hoping the 170's (when and if I get there, lol) will be kinder than the 180's!
  • Thaisccs ~ that one pound could be anything...water retention from sodium, ovulation,TOM, or muscle repair, extra food in the body that hasn't (ahem) passed through yet, etc. Don't let it get you down!! We are worth so much more than a number on a scale. Brush it off your shoulders and keep going!! You are not failing. You used to weigh 236 pounds. Two hundred and thirty six pounds!! Your weight loss has been amazing. You are now in the 180s and that is so much better than 236. We will all hit stalls now and then. Don't lose sight of what is important to you in this journey.

Novelista ~ I hope you are feeling better!
  • hey, I'd like to join!

I was down to 164 before Christmas... then I was put on the wrong thyroid medication and gained 30 pounds! I am back on the correct medication now, but that was so depressing I almost gave up and decided to be fat forever.

I've been embarrassed to come back, because I am not the type to fail and more than half of my progress had been taken away from me... but I'm back. I weighed in at 186.8 this morning.
  • Hokie ~ Welcome! That stinks that you were put on the wrong medication!!! Don't be embarrassed that you gained weight. We are all here to support each other and you've lost a lot already!
  • thaisscs--- don't be discouraged... one pound canbe gone over night!

as for getting out of the 180s... hmmmmm...