Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Mikeysmommy!! I like your avatar! Try not to get too overwhelmed - we all do it one lb. at a time! A year from now you'll be so glad you did this.

jab - I love happy endings especially when it is a wagging tail!! Yard work is hard on the body. You must have a nice green thumb to start tomato seeds indoors!! Having a buddy to walk with is good for the both of you and I'll bet the little doggy would like it too!

BeverlyJoy - congrats on the 4#! And the surgeon's recommendation. Letting the body heal itself is always a better route.

MEH - Good job on the restaurant choices. That is an area I am still working on.

Trazey - birthday week was a test and you passed with only 1#. Godd Job!!

mj5 - you get to go shopping so have fun and strut your stuff!! Nice NSV with the zumba leader!

lottie - how cool if you get in with LB's! You'd be great there. My store has great associates.

Raked leaves for a good hour before the winds got up to 40 mph. The cactus spines are also in the leaves and most are baby spines - they go right through my leather gloves. There's always a couple that break off at skin level. Little SOBs! Then to church to work on some Homeless projects. Used all my WW points yesterday when I grilled filet mignon but it was worth it!
Today is water aerobics, a trip to Petsmart, then more yard work. Standard bkf and lunch, salmon for dinner.

Have a fun-filled Friday!!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #77  
My name is Mare, hello!

S/C/G: 265/255/165

Height: 5'7"

I went over yesterday, but I think my food choices have been too carb-y. I was so hungry last night.

Today, I'm making a change and adding more protein. I think that will stave off the afternoon hunger pangs.

Welcome, mikesmommy!

Lottie, that would be dangerous for me. LOL I'd spend all my paycheck on clothes!

Last edited by MEH1969; 04-15-2011 at 09:39 AM.
MEH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #78  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Got a juicer today!!!!

I'm gonna make my smoothies with juice (since you can't juice a banana) hehe.

Anyhow, I'm super excited. I'm drinking one now, apple orange and strawberry. I bought a bunch of veggies and fruits to juice tomorrow. (get my groceries delivered)
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Well I got on the scale, crept down another lb... slow but sure.

Lottie~ A juicer sounds kewl. Getting groceries delivered would save me a $$ in the long run. I tend to stock up on "specials"

MEH1969~ I seem to flux depending on my cravings. Some days just seem to be strong either carb or protein, it's rare I get an even split on my pie chart at fitday when I log my food. I try to push more protein in the morning to help get me thru to break time at work.

DixC Chic~ it's super windy here as well, you wouldn't know we raked by the looks of the lawn today I keep hoping they will blow back where they came from...lol. I do pretty good starting my plants indoors. I started 66 tomato plants and 36 pepper plants. I trimmed that down from past years as I always start waaaay too many. I love tomatoes and it is impossible for me to choose just 2 or 3 kinds.

mj5~ it's always nice to hear someone notices the weight loss!!!!

Mikeysmommy ~ Welcome to the group!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #80  
unabashed

I've had a migraine every day the last 5 days, I have also had mood changes.

My migraine med, maxalt, is making me a little insane. augh. I hate how sensitive I am to drugs! Stupid bipolar.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #81  

MEH - Its a difficult to maintain the delicate balance between fat, protein, carb AND hunger. I wish I could find the right balance with oatmeal.

Lottie - have a juicy Saturday!!! Hope you feel better soon.

jab - yay for the pound!! Ooo, I can't wait to have some fresh tomato sandwiches - yum! I can eat 3 or 4 of them easily. This year they'll have to be open-faced. I am putting in Tiny Tims, Romas and beefeaters. I tried heirlooms but the sun and heat is too harsh on them.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'

Default Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the very warm welcome.
I am down 2.8 pounds this week. So, the scale this morning says 272.
I am going to just take this one pound at a time like DixC Chix said, and not look at the big picture, only the next one pound. Thank you! I needed to hear that.
Lottie - Your post could have been written by me regarding migraines. I have them all the time. This last week has been pretty bad and I also have bipolar II and I know exactly what you mean about maxalt making you feel strange. I bought some Excedrin Migraine and some Excedrin tension yesterday because the strange feeling with the maxalt makes me feel uneasy. I am fearful of having seratonin syndrome complications since I take a whole boat load of meds.
I take Lamictal, seroquel, Clonazepam for panic attacks/anxiety, trazadone for sleep or I would just stare at the ceiling all night. I take metformin for pre-diabetes (just started retaking it after stopping it for several months) so I am BEHAVING and I'm back taking it and being nauseated I'm hoping it will bring my blood sugars back down substantially and give me some help with being in constant fat storage mode. I take a few other medications as well. I constantly feel tired. I also have fibromyalgia. I am hoping that some of the fibromyalgia pain diminishes with weight loss. That would be fantastic!!!
I am a Mom of two small boys (divorced now for 2 years) my youngest is 3 and my oldest is 6. I really, really, REALLY need to get it together so I am here for them for a LONG time. I'm glad to have found this group. I think it will really help me to keep on track since I know I need to post for accountability, AND "confess my sins"
jab91864 - YAY for the weight loss!
MEH1969 - I have to have protein for hunger control. If I don't eat enough, I could shake the fridge over my mouth!
mj5 - Did you find some cute stuff at the outlet mall? Smaller clothing size is something I am really looking forward to! I want to wear what I WANT and not only what FITS.
Have a great day everyone!
mikeysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #83  
unabashed

mikeys, ahhhh! We have so much in common, ha. bipolar, migraines, fibro, pre-diabetes, blech! It's all awful.

My weight bearing pain has diminished but the fibro pain has acutally improved a lot with myofascial release (massage type if you haven't had it) It's amazing. I have three more sessions and I"m done, plus she gave me things to do at home to keep up with my pain management. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself fibro wise.

If you haven't you should look into it!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #84  
unabashed

check out my new blog, it has a pic of my new commitment ring! Pink sapphire and diamond in white gold. LOVE IT!:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/...r-my-less.html

Last edited by lottie63; 04-16-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #85  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend!

lottie--A job at LB would be awesome! Hope your migraine is gone by now. Gorgeous ring!

DixC Chix--Busy, busy, busy!

MEH--good for you for adding more protein. I did that not too long ago and it made a big difference.

jab--Congrats! slow, but sure is the way to go!

mikeysmommy--CONGRATS on your loss! That's awesome! Yes, I found some really cute clothes.

I had an AWESOME day yesterday. Ok, so the podiatrist appt was less than awesome, but from there it was awesome! I went to the gym, then to the outlet mall. I found some really cute shirts (most on clearance!). I had to keep asking the salesperson to get me smaller sizes because the ones I had chosen were too big! Guess my brain has to catch up with the rest of me, LOL! I can't wait to wear them. Most of the shirts are really short sleeve....something I NEVER would have bought before, but all of that strength training is paying off! Today was busy, but lots of fun. Amazing zumba class (two of my niece's and a friend joined me...SO much fun! They are going to start coming every week!), then I met a friend for coffee, then mani/pedi, then visited some family....finally home to make dinner and relax! Hard to believe that I have the energy for such busy days!!!

Tomorrow is zumba and a quick stop at the grocery store, then home to RELAX!!!!!

Oh and I received my new workout from my trainer, so I'l start that on Monday. Can't wait!

Last edited by mj5; 04-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #86  
mj5

Ok, so I decided it was time to put up a pic of me This was taken yesterday and is one of my one month progress pics. It has only been a month since I started working w/ my trainer, but WOW!!! What a difference. I have lost 2" in my waist and just over 2" in my hips. I've lost more in other places, but these are the most significant. Not bad for 4 weeks! He sent me my new workout last night. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #87  
unabashed

mj5, lookin' good! Congrats on the inches

jab: congrats

meh, I agree with mikeys, I have to have protein too or else I get so hungry, also, I probably will! The discount is fierce though. haha.

Last edited by lottie63; 04-17-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

It's snowing

I was suppose to go pick up a truckload of manure for the garden but we had intense rainfall yesterday , now it is snowing.... the ppl at the farm called to say we need to wait till it dries up or we will be stuck in the muck. I was actually glad when she called because I don't want to be out in this weather...lol.

On the bright side I have some morning glory seeds from 2006 (they were from a trade on a gardening forum years ago) that I got 100% sprout from. I unwrapped them this morning and was delighted to see they are all happy and rooted. I popped them in soil and put them under my lights beside the tomatoes.

mj~ Lookin' good !! ongrats on the success, very inspirational!!

lottie~ very pretty ring!!

mikeysmommy~ Congrats on the weight loss !!!

DixC Chic~ I am planting more hybrids this year. The last two seasons have been harsh (bad weather, and blight) for our area and the heritage breeds I typically plant just don't seem to hold up as well. I put in some of our favorite stand bys.. Mortgage Lifter, Lime Green Salad, Aunt Gertie's Gold, Gold Medal, Paul Robeson, Cherokee Purple, Cherokee Green. The rest will be new to us except for the paste and cherries.

I have a recipe for a tomato pie that is delicious!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #89  

mikeys - Congrats!! 2.8 is a very nice loss!

Lottie - beautiful ring! I like the gems set in the band. I also have to praise myofascial release. I had chronic pain from a car accident and the myo helped my lattisamus dorsi (spelling?) that kept me crooked and then orthogonal chiropractic that put my neck back in place and eliminated my chronic headaches.

mj5 - you look positively radiant in your pix. Good color choice for you and my, my, my your face and neck look so thin!!! Enjoy the new clothes!! Its always so fun to play dress-up for like a week after a good shopping trip! You had a wonderful day so busy,busy, busy right back atcha!!

jab - or should I call you the Green Thumb - 100% sprout from 5 year old seeds?!! I gotta have the tomato pie recipe!!!

Today is a rest day - church and then brunch and PM of reading a book on the couch. Yesterday was 3 hours of raking leaves. Not even 1/2 way done.

Have a great sunny Sunday!

PS - lost a pound!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #90  
mj5

lottie--Thanks!

jab--ugh. Darn weather! I LOVE morning glory seeds! Can't wait to hear about their progression. Thanks!!

DixC Chix--Thanks! Someone else said the same thing. AND they said I look so much younger..AWESOME compliment there! LOL! Rest day for me too....ahhhh, so nice! CONGRATS on your loss!!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Hi to everyone else who stops by.