Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #1  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Ive been in a funk and have been slacking

Its been 6 months on my weight loss journey as of Saturday annd Im down 73 pounds wanted to be down 75 so that it meant I was half way there but only lost 8 pounds for March instead of my 10 pounds I usually lose. Time to admit I think it's been because I havent worked out much in 3 weeks I blame it on getting the new puppy as she takes up alot of my time but I feel Im using that as an excuse and need to get motaviated. Ive been staying under my 1500 cals a day and have not been drinking the 96oz of water I use to drink how do you ladies get out of a funk?
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

this happens to me sometimes but i usually come on here look at mini goals section or read post or even look at my own progress and my pictures this usually helps to get me back on the ball.

I think its natural to experience this especially when you have a while to reach goal but the important thing is getting back into the groove of things. Try to focus on your goal and keep up the good work you are doing a great job. 73lbs is AWESOME!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

When I get in a funk, I do a few things:
--write a gratitude list
--do something physical (either housework or exercise)
--do something just for fun
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #4  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Wink Your too hard on yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky30 View Post
Its been 6 months on my weight loss journey as of Saturday annd Im down 73 pounds wanted to be down 75 so that it meant I was half way there but only lost 8 pounds for March instead of my 10 pounds I usually lose. Time to admit I think it's been because I havent worked out much in 3 weeks I blame it on getting the new puppy as she takes up alot of my time but I feel Im using that as an excuse and need to get motaviated. Ive been staying under my 1500 cals a day and have not been drinking the 96oz of water I use to drink how do you ladies get out of a funk?
My goodness, I think that you are too hard on yourself. Look at all that weight you HAVE lost up till now.
You are doing fantastic.
Slumps, funks, bumps in the road......they do come and go and you just have to get that mind set and get back into it.
It will happen.

You're doing great.
Mind set, mind set, mind set!!!! Don't stress.

As I get older, I'm learning a lot and one of those tidbits is "don't worry." You'll get there.

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/215/135

Height: 5'5

1. Look at old pictures to see how far I've come.
2. If I've been out of the gym for a while slowly work back up to my routine.

You are already doing well with your eating! If you have been going really hard at the gym then maybe you needed this little break. Just don't let it go on for two long
Kiyoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #6  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
My goodness, I think that you are too hard on yourself. Look at all that weight you HAVE lost up till now.
You are doing fantastic.
Slumps, funks, bumps in the road......they do come and go and you just have to get that mind set and get back into it.
It will happen.

You're doing great.
Mind set, mind set, mind set!!!! Don't stress.

As I get older, I'm learning a lot and one of those tidbits is "don't worry." You'll get there.

KELLI
Do something nice for yourself to rejuvinate and get back on it lady! You are doing awesome.
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, congrats! You've done very well so far - try to refocus on your successes. Also, a puppy is a great excuse to get out for more exercise! Go to a park, walk your neighborhood, etc.
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #8  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

First of all, AWESOME on your 73 pound weight loss in 6 months...that is truly amazing. Great work.

Oh boy, I am in a funk, too. Can't seem to shake seeing certain numbers on the scale...they are just sticking around, unfortunately!! I went through a big slump this weekend (and am still kind of in it). I cleaned out my closet this weekend and realized I had a lot of baggy clothes to get rid of, so that helped me out because then I realized how good it feels to be fitting into smaller sizes and smaller clothes. It can be hard to look at the big picture, though.

Just be patient and start every day fresh. Take your puppy out for walks!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #9  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Ky30- you have done a really good job on your weight loss! You have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time.
I know how you feel- I have been in a funk for a few weeks now. I'm really stalled and it is so disheartening. I have not really gone off the wagon with my eating (too bad) a few day's of eating too many calories- but I am back on track good now.
I hope just remembering what it was like 65 Lbs. + ago will keep me motivated to continue on. And I really had my heart set on seeing 140 Lbs. on my scale again. Your not alone sweetheart Hang in there!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198.5 /198.5 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Sorry no help in getting out of a funk but wanted to say GREAT JOB at losing 73 pounds in 6 months!!! That is quite the accomplishment!!!
Joszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #11  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

I'm a few months further into this, and I've seen myself go through a couple of "slumps" if you can even call it that. It's kinda like an ebb and flow to me. Right around my 7th month or so, the holidays came up and I spent a lot of time with family, did a few splurges, got out of my routine a bit. The beautiful thing was, even though I considered it a "slump", I definitely didn't gain at all, still continued to lose, just a little slower. Got my mojo going strong again at the beginning of the year, lost well for a couple months, then another little bump in the road lately. I've still continued to lose the last few weeks, just not as gung-ho. And now I'm back at it full force and ready for another couple months of great losses.

Life happens, and for me, I have to be honest that every single second of my life is not going to consist of doing the perfectly right thing. I am human after all, and sometimes I need to back off just a little. BUT, I kinda consider it practicing, because not once have I thrown it all away and gone back to my old ways. I'm in no hurry, I don't make strict timelines for my loss, I'm really trying (and succeeding) at finding a lifestyle that makes me happy, relaxed, excited, and occasionally lazy, all while losing all this extra weight.

Let's make these months coming up to summer really good ones!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #12  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Thanks guys Last night I decided to THROW my scale in the closet till Saturday its not helping when I weigh everyday and still see 212 so Im not gonna weigh till Saturday I ended getting on the treadmill last night and walked for an hour and felt great afterwards gonna do that 3 more times this week then we will see if the scale moves.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I just wanted to throw in a CONGRATS!!! on the 73 lbs lost! That is awesome!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote