Rough day :(

• The past two weeks I have been in such an eating funk. I don't know if I am sabotaging myself and getting psyched out, or just lazy, but I keel almost rebelliously overeating my calories and making less than beneficial food choices. I can't seem to keep it together like I need to, and it is getting really disheartening

I'm nowhere near quitting my diet and throwing in the towel, it has been too many years of this. I am still counting my calories and logging my food, but I need to be more strict and disciplined and I'm just... not. Not right now.

There's not even any reason I can point to for my bad eating! I've been having a rough time, on and off, since the beginning of this year.

I need wisdom or a hug, I can't figure out which one. I am committed to doing this, but I keep being my own biggest stumbling block for no reason at all that I can see.

• ^^ lots of e-hugs for you.

are you eating anything in specific that's bad for you to feed a craving? are you eating because you're bored? (i do that a lot!)

hopefully it gets better for you!
  • Some times it helps me to make a list of "good" foods that I enjoy.
  • Artic Mama- I'm in the same place you are! Two weeks now- I have been struggling so much. But I have worked way too long and come so so far to give it all up now.
    Ok- we realize we are not making good choices right now. We want to change these negative things into positive choices. We want to be better and for our lives to be better.
    We can do this we just need to try harder to kick this stumbling block out of our path!
    Have a wonderful week Artic ~ I'm right with ya!!
  • in the biggest way. I don't have any wisdom but I am matching you, bad food choice for bad food choice.
    Here's to tomorrow.
  • Thanks guys! Today has been okay, thus far, I just have to stay with it. I do best if I eat my biggest meals in the morning and afternoon, but then I have no calories left for the evening and I tend to like to snack (out of boredom). I need to keep substituting my tea for food in the evening, because my body isn't what is hungry!
  • big hugs! not much wisdom, we all know 'what' to do, but we get in our own way sometimes. At least you KNOW it's happening, that's the biggest thing. Days when you can't do it for yourself, do it for that gorgeous little bundle in your avatar, oh my goodness that face?!
  • Maybe take some time to really think about where your mind is right now. Type out an email to yourself or share with someone if you wish whatever it is that is clouding your thinking. Just let it all out even if it is something silly you may discover some reason why you are struggling.

I have several rambling emails to myself that really helped me face some fears and hurdles. I know for me I always can finally see why am lacking focus and confidence in myself to continue my journey.

For the night time issues maybe try to take a nice bath when you feel like snacking. Brush your teeth too that helps me not want to eat with the minty taste in my mouth. Spend some time reading here to stay motivated, go look at the before/after pictures and read goal stories. Avoid reading food blogs, food magazines, and commercials which can make you boredom eat. Recently saw someone post here that cleaning toilets helps them not munch. LOL That is ingenious!!! I never think of food while scrubbing the toilets around here. Yuck!

You can do this! You are worth it! Big HUGS to you.
  • I'm in the same boat right now. The past week have been off, and progressively worse. This weekend I over-indulged with the boy scout camping and certainly could have eating less of the crap.

I know for me, I need to get the crap out cold turkey and brace for a tough three days. I just need to get through it. No sugar for three days, and then I'll be good again. But getting those three days in is going to be hard.

How about you? Is that what you need?
  • I had another thought after looking at your blog and pictures. Could you be bored with what you are doing and just need to get excited about the journey again? Maybe try to shake it up a bit with a new exercise routine. A new $10 workout dvd could give you something interesting and new to do. Try a zumba class or hit up a friend to join you for some extra walking.

You seem to be really crafty and talented. Why not dive into a new craft/project to do when you would otherwise want to snack. Keeping your mind and hands busy could be a nice distraction.

Your doing so well. For me just getting into Onderland seemed like such a victory that I had to push myself hard to not just settle for hanging out there because it was ALOT better than when I started.