What was your hardest weight to break through?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Which number gave you the hardest time? Did you find that once you reached a certain weight it was harder to get below it?
  • I started @ 323, and down to about 220 was pretty steady. 220 to 190 was about a year LOL and then 190 to 160 about 6 months. It wasn't so much that it was any HARDER to do it, as in my body was resisting or something, it's just that i found it harder to be motivated to continue - at 220 I felt GREAT and thought i looked amazing, so why bother continuing??? Sooo i didn't really TRY very hard. I didn't gain, just lived at the lifestyle I'd created and the next 30 came off without me much noticing (again took a year lol). the last 30 was a concerted effort to GET FIT and that's how most of it finally came off!
  • I always seem to get stuck mid-way through. For example, 175...165...155. But once I clear that number I am back on track. So every 10 pounds really gets me. The worst was 155 and it was made even more frustrating because my mini-goal was 154. But just this morning I was 153.6. I totally passed the 154's! I must have had a whoosh building up. *big smiles*
  • My hardest number since I started calorie counting in January was 187. It stuck with me for a long time.
  • My body got stuck at 233; it really seemed to like it there! I just stayed the course and knew the weight would eventually have to drop if I stuck to my plan like glue. My body also seemed to like the 154-145 range, but I didn't!
  • I am stuck at 239=35ish.
  • I am stuck at 200. I haven't been even down to 199.9999 but I have seen 200.0 a few times, between bounces. I'm up and down the same six pounds since January. It's probably a mental block more than anything, but still frustrating.
  • Pft! See all those mini goals in my signature? Yep. I stuck at every single blasted one of them!

Mentally the hardest was 199. I stuck at 203 for what seemed like forever and I couldn't wait to get to 199. 174 was also rough because that was the entrance to "overweight" and 145 was rough because that's "normal".

I think I add stress with my mini goals, even though I don't even know I'm doing it. My body knows. I swear the day after I reach those marks the weight starts falling off again.
  • 160-165 is the hardest place to move from for me.
  • I'm stuck at 205 right now. I have a mental hangup over this number and I just want it out of my life for good!
  • 260-265 i was stuck in that range for a good three or four months because of some mental block. I just could not get on plan all the way and stuck for months
  • Quote: My hardest number since I started calorie counting in January was 187. It stuck with me for a long time.
    I was stuck at 186 for the longest time, and I feel like I've lost the subsequent 5lbs again, and again...
  • I get stuck in every "decade". The 170s were the easiest. The 160s I can't seem to shake!
  • I was stuck at 242 (within 2 lbs of it) for over 4 months. There's something about a new decade that's always harder for me to break into, but 242 was the worst.
  • The 200 barrier. I saw +/- 0.2lb for what felt like weeks.