Old 03-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #46  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I made a turkey/tvp loaf for dinner. It was awesome! I was experimenting to see if TVP can be used in things like meatloaf and burgers without them falling apart. Apparently it can. I even topped it with cheese and still 1/4 of it was only 257 calories. How awesome is that? I'm just hoping the scale doesn't jump in the morning because the tomato flavoring I put in it had a lot more sodium than I thought it did. Yall cross your fingers for me.

Vixsin - I like your house cleaning strategy. I need to do that too.

Roxie - That does not sound fun, but it does make me curious. I wonder if I have allergies to things. I assumed I didn't because I don't get any of the stereotypical reactions. Hmmmm

Cutie - Congrats on the 5k!

Angie - I totally get the penny pinching right now. My husband is military, so we're not sure whether he's going to be getting paid thanks to congress being a bunch of idiots!

Diana - I'm sorry you didn't get answers. Yay for your fish being yummy and I hope you don't have a reaction so that you can continue enjoying it.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #47  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Well, I'm back from our dinner at the buffet. I think I did okay, considering where I was. I still sampled my favorites that I no longer cook for myself at home, but I kept them sample-sized, literally, and I made sure to eat some salad and fresh fruit first to help fill up my stomach a bit before indulging. Plus, I got to get a taste of a couple of my old comfort foods, so it was a nice treat. I planned around the calories, so I'm still under for the day. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the heinous amounts of sodium I probably consumed don't derail me too much by morning.

Angie - Thank you! And, I agree about yours...I'm positive it's merely temporary. Hope you're able to figure out something balanced to help out with your calories today. If nothing else, I suppose it would be akin to a cyclic calorie day, so I don't think it should harm you either way.

Diana - I certainly hope you're able to figure out the precise origin of your symptoms, but congrats on not being allergic to fish afterall! Since you seem to enjoy it, I'm sure it is nice to have access to it again. Providing you don't wake up with the Octomom syndrome in the morning, of course...haha. That made me laugh!

Vixsin - I need your motivation for my own house! Mind sending a little of your positive cleaning energy this way for tomorrow?

FitGirly - My fingers are officially crossed for you, and I hope you'll keep yours crossed for all my sodium, too! Sounds like a good deal to me, lol. I think we should both drink an extra glass of water tonight before bed.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 03-14-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added message to FG.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:22 AM   #48  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Morning lovelies
Down 1.1 of the "hangover" pounds - thought it would have been more because I drank so much water yesterday I was sloshing
Am wondering how to deal with these last 20lbs - they seem very attached to me, and I truly am not sure where to go with this all. I am going to begin work with a personal trainer, twice a week . It's all I can manage in my schedule, but it's a start right? He happens to be a very close friend, so I'm sure it will also be enjoyable too.
Hope evryone has a wonderful day- I have three after work meetings this week and an interview for a job on Friday - talk about busy week
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

Well, no Octomom lips this morning. Sometimes it doesn't even show up immediately. It can take up to 24 hours for me to have a reaction. Got my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

The Octomom lips are pretty interesting when I get them. They also turn very bright red. The funny thing, my DH is a country boy. He doesn't know about cosmetic procedures, etc. When I had the first reaction (Octomom lips), DH looked at me and proceeded to tell me that some women pay good money to have Botox done to their lips like that. Gotta love a country boy.

Calories for yesterday: 1420 +

Weigh In: 154.2

Down: .4

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-15-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #50  

The easiest way to deal with any type of allergy, even suspected, is to cycle it. Wait at least 4 days before you have any fish again. Food allergies get worse with more exposure, but they can also be mild / non existent when cycled. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry the testing didn't give you any results. Did they do skin testing or blood draws?
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShylahEQ View Post
The easiest way to deal with any type of allergy, even suspected, is to cycle it. Wait at least 4 days before you have any fish again. Food allergies get worse with more exposure, but they can also be mild / non existent when cycled. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry the testing didn't give you any results. Did they do skin testing or blood draws?
Skin testing.

Since my reactions are not what they were during the Summer, it seems like I must have eliminated some of the problem. But I am still getting traces of it. Whether it's the dog's shellfish glucosamine or the sulfur in my veg. glucosamine and vegetables that I've eaten.

I would suspect that it's not the fish since I've eliminated it for 6+ months but still have had reactions.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #52  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

No WI for me, No treadmill delivered either, but thats ok since Jack is now sick and very clingy. Is it sad that I still really enjoy it when he's like this, I know it's not going to be long before cuddling with mom just isn't cool ha ha.
I almost want to get myself a standing punching bag just to get rid of frustration . . . its a pretty good cardio work out isnt it?

Ona - Congrats on ONEderland!!!

Ill have to BBL when its nap time, there is a fight about to start with a cranky 2 year old and a grissled 9 year old dog . . . le sigh.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #53  

Well, I do have an up jump today, but it's not too bad. I'm actually not sure whether I weigh 184.8 or 185 (I still need to grab a new battery for my scale). I'm going with the 185 as my official weight for today, same as taking the highest estimate on calories for a food I'm not sure of. So, that's up .4. It could be worse. I take full measurements on the 3rd, but in order to make myself feel better I measured my waist (at the belly button) this morning. I'm already down 1/2 inch since March 3!

Ophelia - fingers crossed! Glad you enjoyed your treat, sometimes it just needs to be done.

Starbrite - When I started with a trainer the pounds did not suddenly start melting off, but the inches started zooming down. Then, I am not aiming for fast loss of pounds, I'm trying to add muscle as I lose fat, so for me this is success. I hope you enjoy having a trainer and that it helps you.

Diana - I'm glad there's no reaction so far, will keep fingers crossed. Your hubby's comment is too cute!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #54  

Coondocks - It's an awesome workout, but you want to get at least some lightweight gloves even if all you're going to punch is a punching bag. You could get calluses on your knuckles or hurt them. Don't let that stop you though, just wear some gloves.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #55  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!!!!

Coon: Sorry the wee man is sick. I, too, secretly like it when they are sick because of all of the extra snuggles.

Ophelia: : I've got plenty of cleaning mojo to spare this week! I'm looking forward to going at my kitchen and cleaning up my n"nightmare corner" today! I'll take pictures, you guys will be amazed at the difference there will be. It's like clutter central.

Starbrite: I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard on Jillian Michael's podcast many, many times that those last 15 - 20 lbs are "vanity pounds" which means that your body is perfectly content at the weight it is. So because of that you have to sort of "trick" your body into losing them. You should eat the same number of calories that your BMR is that way your body feels that you are feeding it enough. Any calorie deficit you create must come only from your exercise at this point. She says that If you create your 3500 calorie deficit a week by your exercise, you should come down about a pound that week. The biggest difference for those pounds is that you start to eat more and intensify your workouts more and look to get your calorie deficit only from exercise and not from eating anymore.

Edit for 2 reasons: to put my own info in and I just noticed that this post is my 1000th post! I felt the need to celebrate that. LOL

I am down a pound to 204.2 today. It's nice to see some of the weekend water go. The scale gave me a peek at 203.0 this morning. I almost fainted. LOL Also, my scale is getting wonky. Maybe batteries? I got 6 or 7 different numbers this morning from 203.0 to 204.8 and then it settled into 204.2. Wierd. I don't remember where I bought it - probably Walmart. But I only bought it 6 months ago. Dumb scale. LOL

So last night for supper I made the most amazing fish sandwich creation! A whole wheat pita, 4 or 5 oz of baked tilapia, hummus, and a pinch of shredded cheese. Spread the hummus on the pita, add the fish and top with the cheese. OMG!!! It's not a fried fish sandwich from BK but it IS D**N good!!! I seriously may have it again tonight. I gave it 340 calories and I know I estimated high for the fish (150). I hadn't weighed it before it was already in my sandwich. So I wanted to share that super kitchen victory.

Planning on Flexibilty Pilates tonight after the kitchen is done. I am loving my week so far. I have named if Clean Sweep Week. I even wrote it on my calendar. LOL

BBL at lunchtime. All of the bosses are away and I really would like to get a bunch done. LOL

Last edited by Vixsin; 03-15-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #56  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning ALL!

Thanks Ona I am surely trying!

Nicole good job on the .4 down

Hi Angie that .8 will be gone tomorrow and checking here does make all the difference. Maybe add/have some extra fruit today, not sure if that fits into your plan but a banana and yogurt my help me when I can't think of anything else

Ophelia good job! ... and your dinner sounds delicious, YUMM. I remember going to Golden Coral last year ... I had a lot of salad then attempted to eat other things. I did pretty well ... I so wanted to devour the yeast rolls but I didn't touch one. The sodium was my worry too.

Hi Vixsin ... I can't wait until I am the full me (myself) again and can crack that whip in this house. I'm sure it will be overwhelming at first but when it's all done, I'll be grinning from ear to ear. Glad you got yours done

FitGirly glad your dinner turned out well. woohoo: on the 1/2 gone ... I can't wait until my waist/tummy goes down again. I have really put on there while being absent from you all

Star good job on the 1.1 down I have about 20 to go also to reach my first goal. I am hoping that since I have been out of the loop for so long that picking things back up will just jump start my body again. Diana and Ona always say to tweak things a little to give our bodies a shock/surprise and you may just do that with the trainer and that 20 will be gone before you know it Your week is very busy, get some rest when you can

Diana good job on the .4 down. Glad you're fine this morning, and your DH is so cute. He keeps us smiling too

Hi Shylah

Hi Coondocks, hope Jack feels better soon Our boy oldest boy is still clingy he's 13 but will still come lay his head on my shoulder and so does our 18 year old daughter. DH says that they are all MOMMA's boys and girls ... with the exception of our middle boy he gives a quick hug and leaves, LOL. He's so funny.

.. As for me got up got on the scale 177.00 this morning so I'll say a pound down since I will take my after Curves weight instead of that early a.m. weight after work of 179.8 which would give me a 2.8 drop which does make me really GRIN . I feel good this morning other than my thighs hurting from walking those hills last evening ... well rested, haven't said that in awhile. I came downstairs this morning to get this Krispy Kreme donuts ... I asked the boys where did those come from? They said daddy put them there ... I opened the box, then closed it. PAT ON THE BACK! I haven't been eating on point for awhile now (months) so DH doesn't know that I have started again, I want to surprise him with the pounds that I have gained gone. I've put my famous journal back on the counter so I can write down everything that goes in my month and look at my weigh in every time I think of eating something I'm not supposed to.

Kukkie where are you?

HI to EVERYONE I missed, have a great day!!
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #57  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

everybody..

No time today...didn't wash rugs and blankets yesterday,went shopping instead today for real though, will wash Up .6 to 199.8.ate high sodium yesterday.held of 200 staying focus and watching everything!

Coon thanks you

Angie

Diana,hope you can take something from the test sweet DH postive thoughts for no reaction

Starbrite,changing things up should get rid of those last 20 for sure! should be a lot of fun w/a friend as your trainer congrats on the 1.1 good luck with the interview!

Last edited by OnaMi; 03-15-2011 at 10:10 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #58  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

1: 239.8
2: 241.4
3: 241.6
4: 240.4
5: 240.0
6: 242.0
7: 239.4
8: 238.6
9: 239.8
10: 238.0
11: 237.2
12: 238.6
13: 238.2
14: 236.8
15: 238.4

I don't know what that jump is all about, but I do know I'm retaining water today. I can hardly get my rings on and off. I played 2 hours of volleyball last night, maybe that has something to do with it. *shrug* It'll go back down.

I was successful not eating sugar yesterday, woohoo! So, for one more day I will not be eating sugar.

Last edited by Gale02; 03-15-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

HI AND HOWDY EVERYONE!!!! Always so much going on here! Everyone is doing great!!!
Thanks for all the support, got the word yesterday that the Doc is going to schedule the hysterectomy - bless the Heavens!! Can't wait to not feel so miserable all the time and see "real" numbers on the scale! Have a wonderful day, I have entirely too much to do...so I better get to it

2/28: 235.6

1 234.2 ➘ 1.4
2 233.6 ➘ .60
3 234.4 ➚ .80
4 233.1 ➘ 1.3
5 233.5 ➚ .40
6 233.0 ➘ .50
7 231.2 ➘ 1.8
8 231.4 ➚ .20
9 232.2 ➚ .80
10 232.6 ➚ .40
11 232.9 ➚ .30
12 232.3 ➘ .60
13 229.4 ➘ 2.9
14 232.2 ➚ 2.8 (DAY 26 OF TTOM)
15 231.2 ➘ 1.0 (DAY 27 OF TTOM)

Kel
CoCoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #60  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

On the subject of food allergies, I think its amazing how our bodies can react to different types of food. My hubby is always in a constant state of either stomach issues or sinus/allergy issues. I always wonder if its a food allergy issue.

Yesterday's food: 1639.9 cals
Breakfast 193.3
FF Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt (Archer Farms)
Coffee w/creamer
Orange

Lunch 237.7 Cals
3 cups Salad W/Cheese / Deli Chicken / Bacon Bits / Reduced-Fat Light Ranch

Dinner 337.5 Cals
Tikka Masala W/Tofu & Chickpeas
.5 cup Brown Rice

Snacks 593.4 Cals
String Cheese
Fit & Active Devils food cookie (4)
Mixed Nuts 1/4 cup
Orange Juice 8 fl.oz

02-28: 215
03-01: 214
03-02: 213.6
03-03: 214.2
03-04: 213.4
03-05: ugh
03-06: ugh
03-07: ugh TOM
03-08: ugh TOM
03-09: 212.8 TOM
03-10: ugh -TOM
03-11: 212.6 - TOM
03-12: 212
03-13: 213
03-14: 211.4
03-15: 211.4 <--surprised, thought for sure I'd pop back up.
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote