3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Day #1/46 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/227662-day-1-46-a.html)

Rosinante 03-09-2011 11:43 AM

Day #1/46

So in the end, it Was Lent that reined me in, here I am having a very compliant Ash Wednesday. I know the focus of Lent is not dieting and weightloss but I also know that if I can get this side of things back on track, other things, including the spiritual, will follow.

I'm using one of Carol Vorderman's detox books, the summer one, because I've had great success with it in the past, over a period of weeks. Possibly, if I like this one, I could do it for 2 weeks a month until I get to goal? We'll see.

I suppose it's basically a vegan diet, with apologies to Vegans if I've got that wrong.

So breakfast was a really nice muesli thingy. You had to mix up oats, raisins and plain cashew nuts, and soak in non-dairy milk in the fridge overnight, then add grated apple and some berries, I used raspberries. However, I misread the recipe last night - great start!:dizzy: - and put the apple and berries in already. It was beautiful this morning, and half left for tomorrow.

My only real complaint about this book - and oh, so many others - is that they always give recipes for 4. I know it's so families can eat together. I don't find quartering some recipes too easy, I don't have much freezer space and anyway, some things with fresh veggies are better made fresh. So I'm halving recipes and having 2 days the same.

Lunch was supposed to be hummus with crudites and non-wheat bread. I discovered when I got back from the walk to town that the can of garbanzo beans had morphed into kidney beans, so I used that instead. Very nice. Plus some spelt crispbread.

Dinner should be stir fried veggies on rice with cashews but it'll be 20:30 when I get back in from Mass, so I'll probably have more kidmus with spelt cracker.

I'm drinking plenty.

I'm trespassing on the Board's good will by posting all this here, like it's my personal blog but I know me, hll, You know me by now, if I don't post, I don't lose.

BTW #1/46 because it's 46 days to Easter. I'm going to try for a stone (14lbs) because I'm holding a lot of freshly added, partially non-fat weight, which should shift quickly.

Thank You for all the support you've given me in the post-vac struggles! :hug:

kaebaka 03-09-2011 12:10 PM

Sounds like you have a really good plan worked out and are getting your head back where you want and need it to be. Keep us posted so we can all try to help each other stay on track. :)

Initiative 03-09-2011 01:43 PM

My aunt chooses random things for lent. One year she didn't eat meat, and another she didn't drink soda. She has to work a little harder to even have time to lose weight though... She has an in home day care and she almost never sleeps because all the parents have different hours. She isn't overweight but when she talks about losing weight I can't even imagine how she can manage another thought in her head. O_O

sept15lija 03-09-2011 01:57 PM

Sounds like a yummy plan! And good luck with your goal, I have no doubt you'll make it.

Arctic Mama 03-09-2011 02:36 PM

Oh come on, you know we don't mind you using this space for accountability! I hope this plan suits you, it sounds delicious! Lent is a great time to get back on track :)

FitGirlyGirl 03-09-2011 04:10 PM

Sounds like you are getting your head back in the game. :yay: Good luck with your stone goal and happy Lent!

VickieLou 03-10-2011 10:33 PM

Good Luck on Your Vegan Diet! Good Luck with Your Easter Goal!