Question about weighing

• So, I've lost about 50 lbs in total. Since August, I've been weighing myself after my morning workout and a trip to the bathroom. Recently, I read that you shouldn't weigh yourself after working out due to dehydration. I've been doing this since the beginning and have noticed a pattern (low, then increase, then new low). Should I stop weighing myself after my workout? I do so early in the morning, before breakfast, and after a trip to the potty. I hit a new low on Monday and wasn't excited b/c I'm worried that this isn't my "true" weight (b/c of weighing after my workouts). On one hand, I've been doing this since the beginning and it should still reflect weight loss. But, on the other, maybe I was just more dehydrated than usual. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
  • I think that you should weigh yourself whenever you want to. I love what Trazey34 says about this kind of thing, it changed the way I view my weigh ins. She says that "you didn't obsess about every single pound on the way up to xxx, it's silly to obsess about every single pound on the way back down." I think if you're seeing a downward trend then you're losing weight!
  • There is definitely something to that. My husband can weigh himself before he goes to the gym and then when he gets home he can weigh himself again and be down as much as 3 or 4 pounds. And he's a healthy 200lb man.

Anywho, Gale is right. =) But if you're really concerned about when you weigh you could always do it as soon as you get up in the morning after you go to the bathroom. It seems that's when a lot of people weigh. I do.
  • Quote: But if you're really concerned about when you weigh you could always do it as soon as you get up in the morning after you go to the bathroom. It seems that's when a lot of people weigh. I do.
    This, I also weight first thing after the bathroom. You should be so pleased though 50lbs is an accomplishment for sure!
  • Another here who weighs first thing in the morning after a quick trip to the ladies' room, lol. But, my general feeling about it is that you should weigh at the same time you do every day or as close to it, that way you stay consistent in your readings. My morning routine is just an easy way for me to remember to check before I eat or drink anything.
  • I am a no clothes, first thing in the morning, after a trip to the powder room, kind of gal!
  • As long as you're consistent, it doesn't really matter when you weigh.

If you're looking for the most accurate weight, then it's first thing in the morning, after peeing and pooping, nekkid.
  • I agree. The scale is just a tool to measure the downward trend. Weigh the same time every day and go with it.
  • i think after a good workout, if you sweat ALOT like i do, then the weight u see on the scale isn't "real" because obviously when you sweat you lose water.. i would do it first thing in the morning after you pee
  • Your true weight should be in the mornings before eating and moving around so much.

I always before and after work-outs so I can monitor my fluid loss.

For each pound difference you must drink 20oz to make it up!
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone! I weigh first thing in the morning before working out. However, I don't actually "poop" (sorry about TMI) until after my workout. So, that's why I usually weigh after my workout. I've been seeing a downward trend. So, I guess that is what matters. It's really only a 1-2.5 lb difference between the weigh-in....which shouldn't be a big deal...but, 2 lbs is a lot of work for me!