I've named the day!

• Ha, fooled you!
    Not That Day..... I've signed up for another trip to Palestine, January 2012, and that's given me a date and event to aim for. It's flicked a switch for me - I've been in town this morning and, because I will be following a fairly restricted Lenten diet from Wednesday, one part of my brain told me I could treat myself to a rich coffee and a moderate slice of gooey cake. Couldn't do it! I had a skinny latte and a biscotti instead!

Of course, now 'all' I have to do is make sure that switch stays flicked. I do thank my fellow chickies for being encouraging and supportive while I've futtered about for the last 6 weeks Not getting on with it....

So, for 01/18/2012 I'm aiming for 120lbs. That's 53lbs from today. By an intriguing quirk of fate, I lost EXACTLY 53lbs from May 2010 to January 2011.
    If I can lose 53lbs in 8 months, I'm sure I can do it again over the next 10 months. Go me.
  • Many congratulations!
  • Annnnnnnd she's off!
  • Yay!!! Sounds like things are getting better!! I am positive you can do it again!!

WTG on the gooey cake (not sure I could have done that!!)
  • Rosinante on not having the rich coffee and gooey cake.

You lost 53 Lbs before You can do it again! Your an Inspiration to Me!

Sounds like another Fun Holiday to look forward to.
  • Go Rosinante!
  • Congratulations!
  • Thanks guys.

I've already hit a problem - another one of my very old dogs had to go to the emergency vet's at midnight on Friday/Saturday, vet on Sat., vet this morning. I think he's going to be OK but it's a worry. That's two on the 'poorly' list, the job's stressful at the moment and yadda yadda. I know it's not an excuse for cookies. I will try today.
  • Aw, so sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down - its so hard when the old furry friends are declining. Have a nice cuppa and cuddle.

(I guess I've been watching too many Brit-coms!)
  • A cuppncuddle sounds wonderful! (and low cal)
  • I hope that things start looking up.