Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Just checking in, not doing so hot

Hi guys,

I haven't been posting here lately, or anywhere else for that matter. I am feeling discouraged and icky and down. Some of you read my blog so you know I have been sick for two and a half weeks now. I got a really tough case of influenza, which knocked me flat on my butt for a week and on top of that I got an ear infection and a staph sinus infection. Talk about PAIN and exhaustion. Truly miserable. Lots of meds.

Anyway I *think* the 2 antibiotics I am on are finally starting to work now, as I feel slightly better (still pretty miserable, but at least functional). So I am trying to figure out where to go from here.

My eating was pretty atrocious over the last 2 weeks compared to the 'healthy ideal' but no huge binges or indulgences the likes of what I ate 100 pounds ago, at least. Still, lots of carbs, and some sugary stuff too.

I've been sort of maintaining my loss, hanging out at 180-185 pounds for SIX MONTHS now. Got as low as 175 and as high as 188. I need to finsih this and get the rest of the weight off. I am SO CLOSE yet it still feels as 'big' as when I had 110+ to lose.

I guess I am toying with the idea of starting tomorrow. By starting, I mean committing, not eating off plan, not eating crap for comfort when I am in pain, etc. Another part of me is saying to wait until I am well, but that could be weeks. I dunno, I am not sure what to do here. Just trying to eat healthy without some boundaries like calorie counting or carb counting or a meal plan doesn't really work for me. I make too many excuses and exceptions, especially when I am feeling so poorly.

Sorry for the ramble, I just know some of you understand and might have some words of wisdom for me. I really miss my health.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #2  
A chick on a mission!

S/C/G: 229/ticker/145

Height: 5'4.5

WOW Lyn, I took a look at your blog and you look freakin' fantastic!! I can see myself in your shots, especially the one where you are in a green top and a pink top side by side. WHAT AN INSPIRATION YOU ARE! Thanks so much for the blog and the pics--you made my day! I hope you feel better soon and wish you the best on your weight loss journey.
Ladybird1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #3  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Lyn, I'm sorry you've been so sick!! I hope you get better soon. I think that you should just start if you are ready to start. What's the use of waiting a few more weeks? I'm sure you don't want to gain any weight just from being sick and eating poorly. Are you comfortable counting calories? Maybe that will jump start you. I think you should just go for it!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

*hug* Sorry you have been feeling crappy Lyn

If you are still on Medifast I wouldn't worry too much about being 100% on plan, your body may need slightly more calories to help fight your illness right now.

Good luck!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #5  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Height: 5'7"

Wow! I read your blog too, and you have really been hit hard. I am so sorry that you have been so sick.

Maybe something like green smoothies would make you feel better. Frozen spinach, berries, banana (very ripe), and a splash of milk is wonderful and PACKED with so many vitamins that they have to give your immune system a boost.

I really hope you feel better very soon!

Your accomplishments and perseverance are inspirational. Thanks for sharing your story.
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I had a stomach bug last week and ate bagels and saltines and such. I haven't had bagels in forever. (just too many empty calories for me) I noticed it was hard to get myself back on track, but I was ill and the simple carbs worked at the time. Try to cut yourself a little slack - you are sick. You can count calories - but that doesn't mean you have to adhear to 1200 a day - you could do 1800 or 2000 so you can still fit in sugary comfort food, but only to a limit? Do what you can today and try to do a little better tomorrow...
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Thanks you guys. I haven't been doing Medifast lately, but I think I will get back on board with that eventually. It seems to quell the cravings a lot and my doctors says it is good for me. I might go back to counting calories for awhile though just until I feel better... I don't want to put it off too long and gain weight, but I have no energy and don't really care about losing weight when I feel this sick, you know? I feel really ambivalent about the whole thing, even though I *know* eating healthy will only help me recover faster.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Lyn, I am sorry that you are feeling so bad. Take care of yourself. Your body may need a few more calories to heal. I hope you feel better soon.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #9  

Lyn, I am sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

I'd also like to tell you that, while googling for something entirely unrelated, I ran across your very impressive blog about a month ago. I was awed by your attitude and your results. You were my inspiration for getting on the Medifast plan. You gave me hope. So, thank you!! :-)
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hope you're feeling better very soon. I would start counting calories, focus on eating healthy, but perhaps give yourself a slightly higher calorie budget. Get well!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #11  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I hope you feel better soon. Do as much as you feel you can do with calorie counting, but cut yourself some slack. Get lots of rest, and keep eating as healthy as you can. You are so close to goal and should be proud of your accomplishments.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Lyn -

I read your blog and know that you have been struggling. I am glad you checked in. I am sending oodles of hugs to you. Feel better soon. Hang in there. Eat well.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

Hope you feel better soon. That picture of your puppy is adorable! Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it would be a great idea to get off Medifast. If you really look at the list of what you are eating, none of it resembles the food in real life that you'll have to eat for the rest of your life. Hot chocolate, a protein bar, a brownie. I don't know how you've managed to stay on it this long, I would not have made it as long as you have. Whatever you decide to do, you know we are all here for you.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

being sick sucks-but i would say as soon as you are feeling better, try to do a little more exercise. Maybe walk the dog 20 minutes not 15. It's a fine balance between working too hard and doing the old "but i'm sick!!!! i should rest" thing, lol. Also my daughter is a on a weightloss plan and chicken broth is free for her-i would think that may be a yummy thing to eat when you are ill. It may have some salt in it, but ya know, it's also something you can fill up on perhaps. Anyway, hang in there. Hopefully each day you will feel a little better. -fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

I hope you feel better Lyn!!

I think it's important to eat healthy and all but I think it's more important to enjoy what you are eating. A lot of times people assume they have to have their food in moderation, well, if it's healthy you can have more.--or choose things that are more filling. I definintely agree with foodmasochist adding small excercises would be a great help.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote