Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

Default new pt's on heavy

OK so i am very into the show heavy. It inspires me, even though it may not be realistic 100%, i think it's better than TBL....but where are the original personal trainers? i loved them. i called David (i think that was his name) my muffin cuz he was HOT, but, seriously, i really enjoyed their personality. Now they are going to some place on Hilton head and their name is on *everything*. Well i am over it, just thought i'd see if anyone else noticed

-fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

oh yah, I noticed right away - thought i had the wrong show!! i loved the 400 plus pound dude who dropped 180 pounds, wow he turned out hot LOL and then RAN 1 minute for every pound, 3 hours yoikes! after only 6 months!

that was another change - i think they stayed at the resort for the entirety, not like the previous episodes where it was 2 months i think, then they had to survive at home til the weigh in (but if they gained a lot they had to go back before the end)

i hate when they change stuff on me ! lol
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  
sugar is the devil

I believe I read somewhere on here that on the show, participants were placed in 2 different cities.

Half of the participants were sent to the ranch for a month and sent back home for the remainder of the 5 months of their journey (unless they were not succeeding at home, then they were sent back to the ranch again). This is where your "muffin" trainer

The other half of the participants went to a different ranch and are there for the total of the 6 months. I guess now the show is at this part of the season and showing the participants here...
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

ohhhhhhhhhh!! i didn't realize there were 2 ranches! Well good, i have hope of seeing my muffin again then!!!! thanks for enlightening me!
and yes, i am loving the show in general. i don't watch tbl anymore after all the rumors i read. -fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Yeah it says on the site they used two different companies for everything. ranches, I think even production...
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #6  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I miss David and Britny! The new trainers may grow on me, but compared to the Wonder Twins in Austin, they are just as bland as dry toast to me. I freakin' loved David and Britny, found them incredibly relatable and not at ALL what I've been brainwashed into thinking a PT is supposed to be (yelling, vicious, miserable "mean girls" who will literally jump on your back and ride you like a mule while shouting vicious things at you the whole way).

I think David is everyone's "muffin." I read up a little on him and Britny because I was so impressed with their professionalism and their physiques, and it turns out he's an all-natural bodybuilder--no steroids, no supplements, no nothing but hard work to get that body. Impressive!

The new trainers, I can't even differentiate from each other. They're just one big blonde ball of blah. Hopefully that will change as I get used to them.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
I think David is everyone's "muffin." I read up a little on him and Britny because I was so impressed with their professionalism and their physiques, and it turns out he's an all-natural bodybuilder--no steroids, no supplements, no nothing but incredible genetics and hard work to get that body. Impressive!
Fixed that for ya!

I like the show. Only on episode 5 though.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #8  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Did you notice the name of one of the new trainers? Beverly Perfect. I did research on her and found out some interesting things about her. She has had problems in the past, according to one article (weight issues, bulima, alcoholism). And she turned her life around to become a life coach/trainer.
http://itsallpink.com/stories/651-52

I also looked up the Hilton Head Health "ranch". Rates are $12K/month.

http://www.hhhealth.com/weight-loss-spa-rates

I enjoyed watching Debbie & Ronnie and was inspired by their transformation!
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 264.4/See ticker/146

Height: 5'7"

I didn't enjoy the Hilton Head group anywhere near as much as I like the Austin people.

Also, is it just me or was it completely awkward during the last episode when the young fitness director started encouraging Debbie to role-play "meeting men" with him on the golf course? If she's that anxious and self-conscious about getting to know people, I can't imagine that role-playing with a really young guy is going to be her big breakthrough (and why can't the counselor help with this?). He also seemed like he had no idea how to address the subject with her. Ugh.
unbelievabletruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #10  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Fixed that for ya!

I like the show. Only on episode 5 though.
Incredible genetics indeed! Last person I saw with a physique like that was Reggie Bush, and Reggie gets paid about eight million bucks a year to look like that.

I definitely miss David and Britny. I hope the new trainers will show some evidence of personality over the next few episodes.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW303/TICKER/GW135

Height: 5'8"

My husband and I also noticed that the other trainers were gone. He and I were sad because we love to talk about his massive arms through out the show hahaha

I still thought the show was great and I am hoping they will switch back and forth. I do prefer if they are only at the ranch a short time and at home the rest, that's so much more realistic.
ThinningVegan is offline   Reply With Quote