Are you happy now?

• So I came back from my amazing trip to Palestine pretty much the same weight as when I went away. Partly due to a reaction to the water, partly due to being careful, and not spoiling all my hard work with passing food overdoses.

Since I came back, though, I just haven't framed myself at all. I thought I'd give conscious eating a go, I've succeeded in the past but I've just not really tried. Partly, my head and heart have been all over the place, politically, religiously, emotionally; but that's not good enough.

I've managed to eat myself up to 170.8lbs, and it's just not good enough. Flag planting time. My aim is to be 139 by the time I go back, next January. Concentrate, woman!
  • Awww,

These things happen. First and foremost, you are aware of the gain, aware of the sources of turmoil and have chosen a way of dealing with it. That's a diet trifecta!

You can do it.

FWIW, I usually have an emotional let down after a great vacation. You look forward to it for a long time, you enjoy it and then you get back home and...you are home again...same ol' home and job and people. No more excitement. That exciting vacation is over. Its the middle of winter and there are blah days and I just don't want to feel that let down. I have used food to fill that empty blah. For me it just takes a while to get back up to par. I go through this same thing with the holidays. I try to get back on plan but it is in fits and starts until I get a little momentum going: Being OP for breakfast, then OP for breakfast and lunch, then OP for breakfast, lunch and exercise, etc.

I have no advise...just commiserating.
  • Rosinante! It's so disheartening how quickly they can come back on, huh? But you caught it before too long had passed! Maybe try eating very little variety in the next couple of weeks? Pick a few well planned meals, and rotate through them. No room for error, y'know? Then before you know it you'll be back to your groove.
  • You're only up a few pounds. It's frustrating, but a "few" really is a good thing in the big picture of life.

You've done an amazing job, and you *can* do this.
  • Thanks, guys.
    I ate better yesterday, although it wasn't until just now that I logged the calories. Only 1600, which is higher than I aim for but not nearly as bad as it felt. Logging is a good thing.
    I'm up another 0.5 on yesterday but I know this is just "Stopping the Queen Mary" syndrome, and that I'll turn down again soon.
    to all.
  • I've accidentally slipped into Maintenance by letting myself slip from my plan that I'm not losing any more at all. I keep thinking I've got my head game back and then find myself slipping just enough that I'm still maintaining.

I had promised myself that as much as I would love to attain a "normal" weight, losing 100 lbs and keeping it off would be perfectly acceptable. But quite frustrating that I can get this close after such a long journey and lose my focus...
  • Hanging on a bit desperately - it's the old dog's Time tomorrow. snif.
    And yea, eating myself into a heart attack wouldn't help either of us.
  • Rosinante - I'm so sorry that this has to happen right now. Its not unexpected but still hard to say goodbye to an old friend. Take care.
  • Quote: Hanging on a bit desperately - it's the old dog's Time tomorrow. snif.
    And yea, eating myself into a heart attack wouldn't help either of us.
    Thats so rough! I'm thinking about you
  • keep strong - I know this is a very painful time.
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry! Losing a pet is a really tough loss to deal with. Hang in there, and keep checking in.
  • Thanks, guys. She's had a good night and a good breakfast. vet due in about 2 hours.