Exercise ?

• I bought a treadmill last year and have got to use it more often. I am eating ~1200 calories per day. When you guys work out do you add more calories to the day? I'm going to try to do 3 days per week and work up to every day.
  • not for a normal work out. I just consider the extra calorie a "bonus". Plus, I've never been overly confident in finding an accurate calorie count for how much I've burned

On the other hand, if I went for a day-long hike or did some other major exercise, I would.
  • Okay. I was trying to figure out if I work out like 45min daily would I have to increase my calories or is that what people have found to be successful.
  • I can't speak for anyone else, but at 250-ish lbs, I'd be ready to pass out if I were doing more than walking on the treadmill at 1200 calories/day.

I'm sure that someone with more experience/knowledge will chime in.
  • Yeah. I like exercising, it's the making my mind up to doing it part that keeps me procrastinating. I want to put some use to this treadmill, but wondering how to get and keep my energy up.
  • Quote: Yeah. I like exercising, it's the making my mind up to doing it part that keeps me procrastinating. I want to put some use to this treadmill, but wondering how to get and keep my energy up.
    Eat more calories - good ones like fruit and veggies, RF dairy.
    IMHO, 1200 calories is way to low for your current weight. I know the desire to lose quickly but try to fight it.... by losing forever.
  • Everyone is different, but when I first started I ate 1200 - 1400 calories a day and worked out a lot at 250, and I was fine. Some days I would eat a little more if I was hungry, but I wouldn't plan it just because I exercised. If you feel like you need additional calories when you exercise hard, then eat a little more.
  • Thanks guys for the info and advice. I worked out today for 40 min on the treadmill. I notice that the scale went down also when I weighed afterwards. I'm just going to fluctuate it to see how things go. Now I'm looking through other posts on info about the heart rate monitors. I don't want to overwork myself, but at the same time I want to make sure I'm working hard enough. Just having a hard time deciding on which one. I def don't want to spend too much money on those things given they are just estimates.